Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lurkerfrau

Evening all,
Lurkerfrau here, reporting for duty.
I am a loooong time lurker. I was here for thread 31. I watched DKL. I speak fluent Frau. I think the word ‘grunk’ should be part of common parlance, it’s so perfect. I have been laughing out loud at these threads for such a long time, but juggling work and a young family means I am always too far behind to post in real time.
I have followed Jack’s career for forever, initially as an admirer of what she seemed to be about then increasingly curious about what I felt were gaps or contradictory elements of her story and perpetual victimhood. Today I oscillate between feeling sympathy and second hand embarrassment for her, and being angry about what perceive to be plain old dishonesty and grifting. I am also an expert in Scotland’s answer to Jack (Vonny) and was very admiring of how Tattle successfully vanquished her, forcing her offline. FWIW I think she’s even worse than Jack.
I am a charity Frau and will be attending the conference in a professional capacity. This is a major event for our sector and there will be professionals there straddling service delivery/policy/comms/fundraising/data/impact and more. This is not your average audience of squigs - these are professionals working in a challenging climate, with marginalised groups and communities. She’s speaking in one of the biggest spaces at the conference (probably 500+). I’m not sure if there will be a Q+A as part of the session, but she should prepare for some genuinely challenging questions if so.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 171

Chap O

Morning all, Brand new herren here. I have been lurking about for a few weeks and was over the moon to find my "something a bit off" radar about Jack wasn't wrong and there were a lot of like minded people here and I wasn't just being irrational. I am fairly local to Jack but the other side of town, so have known about her since the early days especially when she started appearing in the Echo, though I have largely tried to ignore her for the best part of the past ten years ( Standing as a local MP excepted). I laughed this morning as I have just seen on a local facebook page a BBC journalist looking for a Southend street they can "adopt" and follow every few months during the cost of living crisis to see how people are coping. I so wanted to suggest to her that maybe she could do poverty Queen Jack Monroes street!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107

colouredlines

VIP Member
If I go on a gossip forum because I'm so unhappy with my shit life, what does that say about people who trawl through their political opponents' tweets to find slightly awkward selfies, then share them with half a million followers going "hurhurhur looks like a bellend"?

Asking for a friend x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106

MancBee

VIP Member
She seeks out the peace and beauty of city adjacent breaks (as she calls them) does she? But I thought her OH whisked her away, so surely OH would have chosen the destination.

I wouldn't like to tell my OH where he should take me on a city break, as I wouldn't know the budget and would be embarrassed to ask how much he wanted to spend on me.

Yes I do have an OH. Did you not know about my OH? surely I have I mentioned my OH previously. I don't like to talk about my OH too much, but I do have an OH in case you are interested.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106

Terrible

VIP Member
Jack, would you rather fight ten pie sized Piers Morgans, or one fox sized Laurence Fox? #askJacque

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 103

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Thanks for your forgiveness, Jack. I'm currently sitting in bed in my dressing gown as it's freezing cold and I can't afford to put my heater on. I get most of my food, cat food and prescriptions from the food banks near me as I'm on a disability pension and my husband is unemployed. There's a lot more going on but as it doesn't affect you, you wouldn't care.
My next 'holiday' could well be my step dad's funeral which I have no doubt my brother will have to pay for.
Just enjoy your fucking holiday without worrying about us, eh?

ETA Sorry lads, I shouldn't let her wind me up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 102

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
I'm currently on the midnight train to Georgia Glasgow and a certain smol pixie left this on her seat while she went to engineer a chaos to tweet about. Behold a sneak peak at #JacksSlideshow for tomorrow:

slide_2.jpg
slide_2 (1).jpg
slide_2 (2).jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 101

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
New thread everyone. Thread title suggested by @NomDeGuerre and altered for use by @jenny2603 .

Recap in shortened form.

1. Jack went away after posting Coops’ Big Mood.
2. Jack reappeared.
3. Jack has been whisked away on a mini break, apparently to the Netherlands (a city-adjacent break no less).
4. No evidence of OH, just a lonely phone, propped up sadly on a can, looking longingly at Jack, waiting to be held.
5. No Teemill update, no granola update, no VBI update.
6. Edinburgh waits, Glasgow waits, Scotland waits, the North is ready.
7. Wiki for newbies, no thread titles until later in the thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99