Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
C27649E1-C98A-48E5-BAB2-3851F86541F8.jpeg

I’m sorry but if you’re doing dumb shit like this, like you’re a low performing sandwich year intern, no wonder you’re working 100 hour weeks. You should be embarrassed that you are this dumb and inefficient not tweeting this out to ppl. I’ve worked with brighter freshly hatched ducklings of apprentices who are literally still teenagers. Embarrassing smelly Jack!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
Hmmmm I gotta say this forgiveness seems to be aimed only at posters who had a lol at her propped-up-phone selfie. Sadly it doesn’t look like she’s forgiven me for pointing out that the home she chooses to live in (and snobbily calls shitty!) is in one of the literally LEAST deprived areas of the whole UK according to figures compiled by govt/ONS. (Frauen, if you’re not already familiar with the Indices of Multiple Deprivation, the Wikipedia page is a decent intro to the concept https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_deprivation_index) If only everyone was as poor as Poor Jack, what a wonderful world it could be.

Lots of people out in the real world aren’t as secure as Jack, cos we didn’t have the privilege of access to high quality education, or growing up in a nice area, or having a hand into a £27kpa job aged 21 (also, that salary would be equivalent to around £35k now with inflation) or knowing Mummy and Daddy have multiple properties so we’ll inherit wealth. Jack knows she’ll never have to do anything as menial as actually work a job for a living cos she’s guaranteed a nice chunk as inheritance. (*hums Pulp’s Common People again*)

From what I can see on this board, there are plenty of posters who grew up/still live in MUCH less privilege than Jack, and we are actually allowed to be pretty pissed off that she’s the self-appointed Media Voice Of The Poor. Someone as privileged as Jack is throwing shade at people who are offended by her poverty cosplay by implying they’re not happy or secure? I mean … fucking hell Jack, have you ever read something back before you tweeted it? Mocking people for not being “happy” or “secure” in precarious and insecure lives is NOT a good look for a supposed poverty campaigner.

Anyway I expect I’m not alone in being super duper excited and very much looking forward to her presentation on the VBI and how providers of frontline services for Poors can use it in practice. It’s really wonderful knowing we’ll have a legitimate toolkit from a real live Working Class Hero to use in our work. So happy she’s coming to show us how to save everyone from The Poverty 😘

Edited to add … sorry, I appreciate all of you are way more used to dealing with the knowledge of the sheer level of her BS - especially about her origin story - so you’re probably lots more chilled than I am about the contrast between what she pretends to be versus what she is. I literally hadn’t thought about her in years more than to roll my eyes every so often at a media appearance. And now I’m just pissed off that she gets given airtime and is listened to at the expense of people who actually know what they’re talking about. Every media appearance she has is one that could have gone to someone who’s not an absolute fucking grifter instead. Shame on a media class that enables the Jack Monroes of the world.

If she ever takes Lee Anderson to court like she said she would (she won’t), his legal team will find lots of people in Southend willing to confirm that her lies are lies. Tbh all they’d have to do is take the judge on a day trip to her naice neighbourhood, then pop in a taxi for a ride to some of Southend’s shittier estates (I’m allowed to say that, they are), and it’d be clear as day how ridiculous it is for her to pretend to be poor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81

jenny2603

VIP Member
Think I have convinced LurkerFrau to sign up so she can give us a detailed account of Jack's talk especially including any awkward moments, of which I am expecting many.
Lurker Frau could be one of the first people to see the VBI live. I imagine it will be a bit like the Jen showing everyone the internet in the IT Crowd.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79

lurkerfrau

Has anyone been able to explain why they think she’s amazing? 🤭
Seems to be that most folk aren’t fully engaged with her story - they have a passing awareness of her as an ‘activist’, but not enough to spot the things we do

40 mins to go 😝

Just seen her entering the building. She’s half an hour early!s

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 77

floozifer

That fuardian article today has made me totally furious, more than anything else she has written or done. I've had it up to here with her crap. My parents were brought up in real poverty for different reasons. My dad was always hungry as a small boy. My mum was raised by a single parent in the 40s and 50s when there was NO state support and huge stigma. My grandma worked full time and was also chaotic ( but truly loving) and my mum had to look after herself. Things got so bad that at one point that she had to go and live with her grandparents hundreds of miles away for a few years.One of my mums oft repeated memories was them hiding when the rent man knocked on the door. Both my parents had long term effects from their childhoods.

When they first married and had me they lived in a caravan miles from anywhere with no transport and with no hot water. Fortunately within a year they got a caravan on a council site in town and then a few years later a council house. When we were kids they were so so poor. Me and my sibs did not really realise this at the time as they did their damdest to protect us from the knowledge. It was only as we got older that we stated to notice the difference. I guess all those around us were similar. It was only starting secondary school and making friends from wealthier backgrounds that started to bring it into focus. And then cos they worked like dogs, my dad working all the hours god sent and both working their way up from leaving school at 14 and 15 with no qualifications we started to become more comfortable. And by God was my mum upwardly mobile and ambitious for her family. And totally obsessed with security. She could never understand when any of her kids gave up a 'good job'. And never understand a good wage not being our major focus in life. Point being , and I'm not saying this is the same for everyone in any way, they did not transfer their traumas onto us. ( well at least not those of poverty , they transferred plenty of other bloody crap🤣) I know lots of people from similar backgrounds to my own. Conversations reveal similar stories.....parents absolutely determined for better for their children than they had. And my oh my, the keeping up appearances. Unreal. I remember my mum , who was ALWAYS dressed to impress absolute charity shop Queen and label snob feeling fit to remind me going for a job interview at the grand age of 32...." you'll have to dress up a bit you know. You can't go in that crap you normally wear".Haha , thanks for that mother". ( much missed RIP) .Jack just has no idea how poor people think, feel or behave.

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
Pretty sure you're missing that you moved in with your millionaire girlfriend, the literal definition of the elite babes

• Heart
  • Haha

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/20206813.sutton-road-residents-raise-fears-drug-users/ Here we go, here’s some Southenders in social housing in the local paper today (who don’t live in a lovely naice area like Jack does; tho I do recall the bit of Sutton Road in the article did used to be a fair bit safer/less shit than it is now) who she could maybe use her superpowers of saving the poors to help? I mean, that is the sort of living situation she would have had if she’d stayed on the council housing list after all (why come off the list after 10 years if you ever actually wanted/needed council housing? Fgs you’re nearly at the top by then, might as well keep at it. Oh that’s right you don’t actually need council housing if private rent in the nicest part of town is an option for you).

Jack lives in one of the least deprived areas in the entire country, in a house backing on to a private members’ tennis club, and she grifts about poverty; and instead of actually working like a normal person she bangs on about poverty whilst taking Patreon money from misguided people who just want to give her their money out of kindness (they get nothing in return); and this will not stop amazing me every time I think about it. She has never ever known - nor will she - how soul-crushing it is to be truly grindingly poor, with no prospect of ever coming into money or earning more than a subsistence wage; she was only ever playacting poor. Being poor wasn’t her only option at any point, it’s an option she selected to have a story to build a profile on. Poverty cosplay is just so g*ddamn offensive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 76

Ostapbender

VIP Member
1655203333263.png

1655203362952.png

1655203659090.png

A ha. #gotcha #selfpartnered

Eta, looks like Jack's forgiven me for this. Thanks for all you do x

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
A 1000 mile round trip in 24hrs also gives the lie to her autistic pretentions too. I’m really “high-functioning” (yes I dislike the functioning labels but accept them for ease of others’ understanding) and can plan journeys with my kids and all that. But just thinking about all the steps involved and all the changes and transitions in a trip to the Netherlands followed by a return home followed by an immediate trip to Scotland is giving me butterflies. Even if I was with someone I trusted to have my back the whole way in case anything went wrong. Especially a trip where I am giving a presentation to a professional/expert audience. I would have a total shutdown if I tried to do all that travelling - and again, I’m a high-functioning autistic woman, just about able to balance kids and a proper job. (It is very hard, and it means I don’t do a huge amount of other stuff except see close friends, but I’m proud of myself anyway.)

But yeah I and every other actually diagnosed autistic person I know would need some quiet peaceful time to recuperate in between all those transitions. It’s not normal to be that ok with so much change and difference and pressure if you’re not at home, if you’re actually autistic. Most of us would need a LOT of preparation for anything like that (like, a visit to the Scottish venue a couple of weeks in advance), and many of us would need someone we trust along for the ride. Otherwise we just wouldn’t be able to navigate all the changes and transitions.

I already did not believe Jack has been diagnosed autistic, and I especially do not believe it today. I believe she has most likely self-diagnosed based on the fact people don’t like her, because it’s an easy label to give yourself to look special to a sympathetic audience. You just need to proclaim you’re different and people believe you, because genuine understanding of the real yet unseen challenges of autism is generally very lacking amongst the general public. Jack seems to think being socially awkward is all you need for the label. It’s not. (But as I said before, if she was to be fully assessed by a psychiatrist, and if she was capable of being honest about what’s inside her head, I believe she’d end up with other labels. I can see why she wouldn’t want to get assessed properly.) It would be a very uncomfortable thing facing up to the fact that your problems are caused by you.

Last edited:
  • Heart

jenny2603

VIP Member
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75

MancBee

VIP Member
Guys she can't delete her emails because there might be some genuinely needy people in her inbox waiting for her help she might miss some paid opportunities.
View attachment 1344668
How can she have an email offering her work in 2013 that she didn't know about when she cleared her emails at Christmas?

I know we have all said this and it never happens, but make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 75