Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found the event description,

"She proposed the Vimes Boots Index, named after the Terry Pratchett character who explained poor people spend more on cheap boots that don’t last than rich people do on expensive ones that do. In response the Office of National Statistics has said it will look at how it measures inflation to reflect its impact on people on different incomes.

Non-binary Jack Monroe is on the autistic spectrum and also regular speaks out on gay rights and disability issues."

Are they trying to channel Southern Jack? :unsure:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
I’m passionately anti the Rwanda deportations. But hang on, is Jack now claiming she’s a ‘member of elite society’ as Hunt frames opponents here? Erm. Don’t know where to begin with that but ok Jack, you do you.
Indeed. Interesting that she hasn't got a GP anecdote to share...is that because Southend is blessed with an unusually good primary care service, or because she goes private?

I know this is petty, but it singes my pumble when people say 'empathetic' rather than 'empathic'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
My late mum once stood up at the end of a family funeral to invite the mourners back to the Navy Club for a nosh. I can’t read the word without seeing her bewildered little face at the peels of laughter around the crem.
It is indeed ugly and uncountable😳
Aww your poor mum 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
People are out there just subtweeting the heck out of our hero

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
10 years waiting for a council house?!

When?

Someone's telling lies again, or trying to scam the system. Which is it, Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I caught up! Surely if her wee boy liked the second hand camera that she was planning on just sticking on a shelf she could let him have it. Especially as he never got a holiday. Poor boy. Also I'm gutted that I have to work with my boss in person tomorrow afternoon, can't follow the drama of her being in Glasgow. As a weegie frau who moved away I will be thinking of you who stayed behind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Also raging i will be out in a work meeting all day tomorrow too so no chance of me being on here as my boss is whisking me off to England (fancy!)
Looking forward to a chaos grunk!

I reckon the questions at her event will be carefully vetted, probably due to pulling out the autism/adhd so anything remotely challenging doesn’t get a look in.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
View attachment 1343169

View attachment 1343171
Ooooh, yeah! Do! Along with the over-saturated tree and the sea pottery!

What in the name of His Holiness Chris Packham is she doing thinking of buying a murdered mustelid?

It didn't live on a farm until it slipped away in its sleep, serenaded gently by blackbirds, it was trapped and at best, shot. Or poisoned. Or electrocuted. Or suffocated. Not for 'pest control', not for 'anti tuberculosis measures'. For decoration (and the pleasure of the killer, the taxidermist and the literal bleep that likes the idea of having a dead animal in the house).

Maybe she should just join the local hunt and have done with it.

bleeping Tory.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

(Did SB not get a present?)
When I was 12, I dreamed of being allowed to play with an old broken camera for a couple of hours before it joined the rest of Mamapapa's collection of total shite. Christmas has come early to the crappy Bungalow!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.