Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where is this conference? Iceland? Big heavy boots , thick trousers, cardi
I’ve heard the phrase “if you can’t see over the river Clyde, it’s raining. If you can see over the river Clyde, it’s about to rain” but I don’t think Glasgow is known for it’s wind chill factor

She also said volunteers every week at her local food bank but doesn’t like to broadcast it

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Trying to think of more points of interest from my forensic, granular notes.
Talked about the lingering honk effect of poverty meaning that she has panic attacks when the door goes unexpectedly. She said her partner found a box under the bed a week ago and it was full of brown envelopes that she could open. She sad they were from “HMRC, the DWP and the TV license people..”

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
She doesn't look well in my opinion she looks washed out. Not the supposed relaxed face of someone just off their holidays. Also her socks will be crawling off her feet in those boots today.
She said during the talk that she works 120 hour weeks, hasn't had any time off this year and then talked about how her partner (not OH, partner) whisks her away every 8 weeks for an enforced no-phone break.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Trying to think of more points of interest from my forensic, granular notes.
Talked about the lingering honk effect of poverty meaning that she has panic attacks when the door goes unexpectedly. She said her partner found a box under the bed a week ago and it was full of brown envelopes that she could open. She sad they were from “HMRC, the DWP and the TV license people..”
Why would she go up on stage and say this? Imagine opening your work commitments with bizarre personal finance anecdotes “I’ve not won on premium bonds again this month guys and I just rip up the balance card offers from Barclaycard without reading them, now here’s our quarterly results x”

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I think this was the final question - about whether volunteering and food banks and doing budget recipes etc is all just mitigating austerity and not changing anything. Her response was something like “I’ve got four words - dead people can’t riot”. She then said her thing about “first we feed the people, then we start the revolution”
692766F0-E944-46DB-ADD4-BBAC93631449.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
120 hours a week, deep cleans her kitchen 17 times a day AND now she’s volunteering at the food bank. Did she steal Hermoines time turner.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Either it's not black tie or I'm disappointed that it's black tie, given the context and attendees. Bit exclusionary. There's a cold take for you to explain your attire, Jack.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Time for a mithering update:
1655313458864.jpg

I call this piece "120 hours"™, created designed and uploaded for FREE by I, Clovis.

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Hold(all) up, is she going to take OH to the swanky dinner?

This is it Canal, aneurism incoming

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
She said during the talk that she works 120 hour weeks, hasn't had any time off this year and then talked about how her partner (not OH, partner) whisks her away every 8 weeks for an enforced no-phone break.
Probably the only time he gets to talk to her, to be fair to him a weekend every two months would probably be sufficient!
That's really grim. Go and buy a dress you filthy mare.
If her clothes are that bad what about her underwear. Christ alive, I'm traumatized!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
She's honking. I would go and watch a football match in 3 day old jeans and a slept in t shirt
.but she's off to a black tie event looking like that

I also hate the phrase better half. Shut up you boomer

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.