Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she's forgiven us, will she still sue us? Just wondering whether I should hold on to my court outfit or not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Yes, that is one of many things that send me insane in Twitter feigned concern poverty bantz. Someone suggests a recipe or a food parcel and the cunts chorus starts up "what about people that don't have cooking facilities?". Well squig, those people can't cook and would be best referred to sources of help to address that problem, maybe the suggestion just wasn't aimed at them. Maybe this is a big, diverse world and there isn't one answer to everything, maybe we could embrace that and come up with a range of answers until all human need is addressed.
I wrote a big OT ramble but have decided that all I want to say on this is: not everything is (or needs to be) for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hmmmm I gotta say this forgiveness seems to be aimed only at posters who had a lol at her propped-up-phone selfie. Sadly it doesn’t look like she’s forgiven me for pointing out that the home she chooses to live in (and snobbily calls crappy!) is in one of the literally LEAST deprived areas of the whole UK according to figures compiled by govt/ONS. (Frauen, if you’re not already familiar with the Indices of Multiple Deprivation, the Wikipedia page is a decent intro to the concept https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_deprivation_index) If only everyone was as poor as Poor Jack, what a wonderful world it could be.

Lots of people out in the real world aren’t as secure as Jack, cos we didn’t have the privilege of access to high quality education, or growing up in a nice area, or having a hand into a £27kpa job aged 21 (also, that salary would be equivalent to around £35k now with inflation) or knowing Mummy and Daddy have multiple properties so we’ll inherit wealth. Jack knows she’ll never have to do anything as menial as actually work a job for a living cos she’s guaranteed a nice chunk as inheritance. (*hums Pulp’s Common People again*)

From what I can see on this board, there are plenty of posters who grew up/still live in MUCH less privilege than Jack, and we are actually allowed to be pretty pissed off that she’s the self-appointed Media Voice Of The Poor. Someone as privileged as Jack is throwing shade at people who are offended by her poverty cosplay by implying they’re not happy or secure? I mean … bleeping hell Jack, have you ever read something back before you tweeted it? Mocking people for not being “happy” or “secure” in precarious and insecure lives is NOT a good look for a supposed poverty campaigner.

Anyway I expect I’m not alone in being super duper excited and very much looking forward to her presentation on the VBI and how providers of frontline services for Poors can use it in practice. It’s really wonderful knowing we’ll have a legitimate toolkit from a real live Working Class Hero to use in our work. So happy she’s coming to show us how to save everyone from The Poverty 😘

Edited to add … sorry, I appreciate all of you are way more used to dealing with the knowledge of the sheer level of her BS - especially about her origin story - so you’re probably lots more chilled than I am about the contrast between what she pretends to be versus what she is. I literally hadn’t thought about her in years more than to roll my eyes every so often at a media appearance. And now I’m just pissed off that she gets given airtime and is listened to at the expense of people who actually know what they’re talking about. Every media appearance she has is one that could have gone to someone who’s not an absolute bleeping grifter instead. Shame on a media class that enables the Jack Monroes of the world.

If she ever takes Lee Anderson to court like she said she would (she won’t), his legal team will find lots of people in Southend willing to confirm that her lies are lies. Tbh all they’d have to do is take the judge on a day trip to her naice neighbourhood, then pop in a taxi for a ride to some of Southend’s shittier estates (I’m allowed to say that, they are), and it’d be clear as day how ridiculous it is for her to pretend to be poor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
If Jack forgives me, maybe we could converse softly, gently on twitter about those charity payments and Tex returns. 🕉 Om shanti.

PS I'm as happy as a pig in slop. Now let's talk about your issues Jackie.

🥕 Left the typo in as it made me laugh. Vlad knows USA Jack's back! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Or she'll say she can't attend due to rightwing threats to her safety. Or make some thinly veiled threat suggesting she knows who lurker frau is. Or make them all sign NDAs because it's her intellectual property and THAT MAN might steal it from her.

She is so ridiculous that any of those are plausible.

Which of her many appearances this summer was this?
Or she might decide that she needs to spend some time with and for her son, instead of pissing off up to Scotland so soon after having “snuck away” for a weekend without him.

No judgment on parents being away from their children, for either pleasure or profession, but it does seem very badly planned to have both trips so close together. I mean…yes, we know she doesn’t see him that often, but still.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It's great that all her surprise spontaneous holidays never clash with her "work commitments".

Old Harold must have access to her calendar.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I was just thinking about the time Jack said she's inundated with tweets every Sunday from people asking how to make perfect roast potatoes.

Lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
I was just thinking about the time Jack said she's inundated with tweets every Sunday from people asking how to make perfect roast potatoes.

Lol.
She's inundated from all angles isn't she? Roast spuds, political prisoners, trolls, alcohol companies, just never ends. No wonder she has two phones on the go.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Imagine being that inundated but still thinking it's a good idea to have several sock accounts.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.