Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That and her unchecked, disgraceful bullying behaviour towards people on the internet.
And also the lying about all the unpaid unprovable good works she does, thus encouraging more people to give her money. Also I really don't think she had any intention of working on the VBI once the novelty had worn off, but it was constantly mentioned here, and was a critical factor as to how she got all those new patreons via deluded Nigella. For her upcoming 'case' she has to make it look like that money, possibly from people poorer than her, is being put to good use.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It's a recurrent theme with Jack. She so desperately wants to be the main character she invents these bizarre scenarios that end up saying more about her own weird attitudes than anyone else. The overwhelming majority of people are too busy dealing with their own tit and going about their business to be walking about looking for 'sluts' to shame.
Typical Narc behaviour and so very predictable

Reactions: 19
I have heard that the old system was terrible for people who were self employed. You had to sort of come off it when you earned and then sort of reapply when you didn’t and it was complicated. Universal Credit is not complicated. You just tell them what your income was this month and then they send you the money you’re entitled to every month. I’m really grateful for it. As a singleton who hardly ever goes out, I actually find I get enough support, but imagine it’s extremely tough for other people and I see it getting tougher with inflation.
I never used the old system but I was on UC for a short period in about 2017. While the amount you get isn't much the process itself wan't complicated at all. The problem for Jack would be that they only pay you if you make an effort to look for a real job, and 100 hours a week of unpaid Twitter ranting doesn't count.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I believe there's a blog post where she says she didn't claim benefits because she wanted to set a good example for her son that "mummy works". Unreal isn't it, that she is now the self appointed spokesperson for people struggling?
I just had a Google for that 'mummy works' quote, couldn't find it but I was reading some of the comments on an old article. Whatever criticism she receives now, it's nothing new 🤷

Screenshot_20220522-150328.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Income support was simple as duck, which was great because I had a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old when ExH decided he’d leave me for the much younger girl - and yes, girl, she was 19 (we were 26) that he’d been shagging from work. It remained simple 6 months later when my landlord decided to move back to the UK and served me notice, and I was given a council house back in my hometown. It was just a case of taking my new tenancy agreement to the Job Centre for an address update and then to the councils housing benefit department. Really not bleeping difficult.

And that was basically it for the next few years. No contact with the Job Centre, no forms or anything.

When I moved again, and started University, I called to let them know the date I was starting, they told me the last date I would receive IS and how much. The area I moved to had moved to UC so I couldn’t claim old style Housing Benefit, so I swapped to UC. Did it all online, they notified Child Tax Credits, I uploaded everything on the UC portal.

Not. Fucken. Rocket. Science.

Reactions: 21
Hang on, back up. I must have missed this bit. She’s never been on Universal Credit? Why? Can someone explain this to me, please? If you’re hungry and have a small child and have no money, why aren’t you applying for benefits? What’s the explanation?
She was on benefits but her rent was high and she had to pay a proportion of her working tax to make up the shortfall. When she was poor universal credit wasn’t an option as it hadnt been developed back then.

If she is talking about now. As in only having 19 quid. Yes she could apply for UC

She was also poor apparently in lockdown but she couldn’t go on UC due to THE TRAUMA
so she made up photos of tat and sold them to her followers. She’s a snobby twit who thinks UC is for others

She’s been lying her face off for years. Anyone remember when she got the 25k advance. Still poor Jack.

Always poor Jack. She also said that she ended up in thousands of pounds of debt due to a missed 6 quid bill.

I don’t believe her. Yes unauthorised overdrafts can be a nightmare for people on benefits but she could have gone to CAB and got advice. I don’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth. Her fame is based on lie after lie after lie

Reactions: 29
She wouldn’t have been entitled to Job Seekers Allowance because she left her job rather than being made redundant or fired, but in a way she chose to struggle.
I’m surprised that her publishers are advocating and prepared to publish a book that has so far taken 3 years to write with stories that aren’t hers. The red tape will be a nightmare.
I’m dumbfounded by her ‘only’ earning £22K last year having told someone on Twitter that she didn’t earn enough to pay tax. Then to say that her accounts are publicly available when she hasn’t filed 3 years worth of tax returns. She lives in an alternate bleeping reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I dunno what she is paying her agent but FFS, sack em.
if they ain’t getting you paid work and only managing freebies- they should be dropped, surely?
Then again- you’re only as useful if your ‘story’ is pitiful.
Successful Jack would be truly terrible to experience

Reactions: 23
You also have to remember in Jack parlance all benefit claimants are Wayne and Waynetta slob types. Some may even have *whisper* mixed race children.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I believe there's a blog post where she says she didn't claim benefits because she wanted to set a good example for her son that "mummy works". Unreal isn't it, that she is now the self appointed spokesperson for people struggling?
She claimed benefits:

Here's the controversial "Mummy works" post:

It's poorly written (plus ça change, Jack!) but what she's trying to say is that she was claiming benefits but didn't want to continue - she wanted a job:

Screenshot_20220522-162457_Chrome.jpg

The rest of that post (and many other blog entries) makes it clear that she was indeed claiming benefits.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
She wouldn’t have been entitled to Job Seekers Allowance because she left her job rather than being made redundant or fired, but in a way she chose to struggle.
I’m surprised that her publishers are advocating and prepared to publish a book that has so far taken 3 years to write with stories that aren’t hers. The red tape will be a nightmare.
I’m dumbfounded by her ‘only’ earning £22K last year having told someone on Twitter that she didn’t earn enough to pay tax. Then to say that her accounts are publicly available when she hasn’t filed 3 years worth of tax returns. She lives in an alternate bleeping reality.
Not strictly true but I know what you mean. However it would have gone to a decision maker and if you can argue that you had good cause for leaving you wouldn’t be barred from claiming JSA.

Plus. The decision not to award would have been for a limited time. I think 13 weeks and she could have claimed hardship benefits and appealed the decision.

She could also have got a fit note and applied for ESA as she said she had severe mental health issues at the point she resigned her job.

Reactions: 12
Her animosity towards the DWP is probably because she was probably not allowed to claim incapacity benefit. I wouldn’t vote Tory, but there were people on those benefits unchallenged probably for 20 or 30 years and not all legitimately. Now it has gone the other way and people with genuine disabilities have to jump through hoops to get what they need.
I think that Jack’s motivation behind the DWP supposedly being murderers comes from a personal grudge dressed up as her caring about the poors.

Reactions: 25
I always wheel this one out, I won’t tag dear hear kingy barber but Jack was on a Facebook parenting group wanting on about being broke and the others were literally begging her to sign on/claim dole and she refused, preferring instead to start the own business “bread and jam” crafting. Then she got in the papers and delete all trace from that group.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I don't know why there isn't more info on the wiki as all that's there is about the kitten so people may not realise how badly multiple animals were treated and died..
We don't have clear receipts for the others; we saw the kitten saga in real time, so we were able to put together a record of Jack's own tweets. This isn't the case for the other animals, and we don't have conclusive evidence of what happened to them.

IMO it's better that the wiki sticks as closely as possible to things that Jack herself has said - otherwise it is a lot less valuable as a resource.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
We don't have clear receipts for the others; we saw the kitten saga in real time, so we were able to put together a record of Jack's own tweets. This isn't the case for the other animals, and we don't have conclusive evidence of what happened to them.

IMO it's better that the wiki sticks as closely as possible to things that Jack herself has said - otherwise it is a lot less valuable as a resource.
Yes totally agree it's just a shame there aren't the receipts for people to see :confused:

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.