Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Geetbo

VIP Member
God a Jamie Oliver Chaos. It’s like the old days when this was all fields.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 136

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
View attachment 1282765

These are Jack's comments about her parents. They sound like caring, hospitable people but apparently left Jack to literally starve, live rough for two years, be forced into sex work to survive and sell all her belongings rather than make space at the table.
Former foster child here. I can honestly say that if I turned up to a new placement ( particularly if it was an emergency/short term one , and was expected to sit down at a table for a meal while a couple of strangers ( and their other children, biological or not) tried to “ gently bring me out of [my] shell” , I would have shut down completely untill it was time to move on. You’d have thought that Jack , having experienced multiple events of CSA , having a severe ED, being incredibly bullied due to her birthmarks and her self harm would have been a bit more empathetic to how overwhelmed and guarded those young people may have been.

Then way Jack talks about having to budge up to make space , of having to find extra chairs or put in an extra potato speaks volumes as to how she views those kids as interlopers into her family home . If her parents house wasn’t big enough to comfortably hold additional children, then they would not have been allowed to foster . There would be room at the table , without anyone having to crowd and fight for space .

I would hazard a guess that none of that actually happened how Jack tells it and that Jack kept all interaction with the cuckoos in her nest to a bare minimum. And I bet she never let them use any of her pens

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 135

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
I’m in a radio 4 Facebook group and there was a load of gushing about the Profile. So I posted that she’s a middle class grifter and some bloke said that he’d screenshotted my libel and was sending it to Jack. Then they deleted my post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 132

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-05-21 11.04.53.png

These are Jack's comments about her parents. They sound like caring, hospitable people but apparently left Jack to literally starve, live rough for two years, be forced into sex work to survive and sell all her belongings rather than make space at the table.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 130

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
Wasted legs Jack is the biggest bullshit since it will thicken in the oven spunk sauce

Maybe there is hope for mumsnet afteeall

1653164031227.png

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 121

Yel

Chatty Member
Just an FYI but if you missed a thread and don't have the time to read it all, you can click the most liked button to read the thread ordered by most liked post. Makes it easy to get a gist of the main things in a few mins (y)

Screenshot 2022-05-21 11.07.06.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 118

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Just catching up on the Mumsnet thread, which is amazingly still up, and this may explain some of her Jamie Oliver animosity.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 12.07.38.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 116

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
I’ll be honest, I don’t care how much money JM cons out of idiots, I don’t care that she can’t open her mouth without a lie coming out and I don’t even care that she’s a thoroughly nasty piece of work who has gathered the worst of Twitter around her.
None of it is new, there have always been grifters and liars and bullies, Monroe no more invented these character traits than she invented budget cooking.

A12D5691-DFD3-413E-92C3-D8D10D7CC645.jpeg

This I do care about. Her cosplaying at being working class is helping further marginalise an already marginalised community. Working class women in particular have always been sidelined and silenced, we have the smallest of voices in todays society and Jack Monroe has no right to be part of that voice. She is taking up a space that does not belong to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 112
Sending canal love and solidarity to the bad b quote tweeting location manager who’s currently being piled on. Genuinely quite upsetting to see how she’s being spoken to when she’s actually doing a very radical thing in sharing her life and experiences as a woman with HIV ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 110

veronica71

VIP Member
Need a morning rant before I go about my day…
50B24172-4675-4148-9935-C3AB1CB787C8.jpeg

I have none of these either. Because I’m looking after my two disabled kids. You know what else I don’t have - weekends away in Venice, celebrity friends or people blowing smoke up my arse for everything I do. I do however have some humility to realise that yeh at times it’s a bit shit but in the whole I’m very privileged - something you might like to try!

On top of this i have a family member who has lost an awful lot of weight due to a medical condition and the huge waiting lists and I would love them to look as well as you do in your literally starving pic. Unfortunately they are pale, gaunt and incredibly thin.

do us all a favour and just give it a rest

• Heart
Reactions: 110

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Brian Butterfield for the thread title! You win a guest appearance on Celebrity Pointless! 🎉 (something Jack Morley is too shy and anxious to ever accept)

She proudly accepted the campaigner of the year award.

She almost gave away her handwritten Manuscript to a poor, unsuspecting member of the public. If only that person had known what a weapon of gastro destruction they had in their possession they would have launched it into the Thames and given themselves into the MI5. (However, it seems it was not the whole book, just a page. What’s this, an embellishment by Jack? Never!)

Apparently she received ‘predictably mean comments’ about her face. Her jawline is lumpy cos of her tedious infected lymph nodes, ok?
As for those people telling her she’s looking chubby, it’s better than being LITERALLY STARVING, so stay PRESSED, fools!

FD3D6F89-0EF9-4788-B043-3E348AB4A0CC.jpeg

She had a conversation with Tortoise. Lots of big laffs were had.

She was salty about That Man’s press coverage for his campaigning, seeing as Eton mess puns were all HER idea. She’s the winner tho, as she’s in the spicy industry WhatsApp group and he’s not! Hahaha. Stay pressed, Jack! She continued to like petty tweets that were negative about him and favourable about her.

She’s engaged in a Twitter argument with a squig who is daring to query her self ID of ‘literally starving’. Predictably, her coterie of knuckle-dragging flying monkeys are doxxing people audacious enough to agree, even assimilating Jack’s importance to HIV.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ when nominating and no bad words. Check the wiki if you’re new!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 108