Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hitching her skirt up giving onlookers a glimpse of ankle.
Well she does go about in a bikini in a nightclub, that must be a shock to hear about if you’re a Victorian lady who has a knitted costume for swimming, and uses a modesty wooden “bathing machine” to shield you from view.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Christ on a bike Fionna! No one is saying she can't or shouldn't EARN a living. It's the GRIFTING we object to.
Exactly - nobody begrudges her a decent living through work. But she is pretending she makes no money, even when it is obvious she does, cries poor, and then begs.
That is what people object to.

Reactions: 50
The replies to that Fionna person show how many people believe that jack has any talent as all and/or came from humble beginnings. 🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I think it’s quite telling that she’s recycling old stories but saying that different people said it. This is what compulsive liars do. They add in bits to their stories but they forget what they said the last time. So her brother, Michael Portillo and a complete stranger all told her she should have closed her legs?

That doesn’t even make sense. Yes according to her back story she had to give up work because of childcare issues but she’s hardly the first single mum who was living on benefits.

I also don’t understand why her housing benefits stopped 12 times in a year. I used to be on working tax credits (small business) and yes there was the odd issue but as far as I can remember they gave you a form to fill in every twelve months and they asked me for a photo copy of my books and that was it. There was no reason for her housing benefits to stop every 4 weeks just because she was running a business. None at all.

Also. If I had been her and that was happening to me I would have gone on income support. I know someone suggested that she wanted to show her son that she was in work but he was two! The most important thing was getting food on the table.

she also stated that she tried to rescind her resignation when in hospital recovering from a suicide attempt so there’s more to this clearly. It’s up to her though if she wants to share it which she clearly doesn’t

As far as I’m concerned her back story is full of lies and maybe that’s why she’s panicking.
Bib and yet in here she mentions nursery fees, I have heard her say that before. I always got the impression she had no one to look after him .

Reactions: 20
'If' she succeeds? She has succeeded. She's a published writer (I won't say author), she's on TV, she has done various big brand partnerships. She is well paid for what she does, despite her self sabotaging every opportunity afforded her. It's not enough though, she still gets the PayPal tip jar begging bowl out. There is evidence here she has accepted money from people on far less than her including someone's winter fuel allowance and only returned it when repeatedly asked to. See also the recent cash grab for her next court case.

She doesn't want to pull herself up as her name suggests, she wants everyone else to fund her lifestyle so she can sit on Twitter all day long.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Do either of her parents follow her on Twitter? Any of her “friends”? This incessant spite, vitriol, lying and constant attacking is disturbing and alarming TO ME, a stranger. I cannot understand why someone who purportedly cares about her isn’t attempting to stage some sort of serious intervention (she’s so far past a simple “have a word/a talking to” at this stage that you can’t even see it on the horizon any more, like the sun on an MOD beach at midnight)

If Harold exists/is still around, I in no way understand that either. I mean, it’s not like she spews out all this vileness for hours on end then instantly switches off IRL, doesn’t mention any of it, and is all kindness and lightness. I cannot fathom being in any sort of “relationship” with her. It would be like this
2C9464BA-8C4D-4E4A-80BF-14A2D813F9BD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Hang on, back up. I must have missed this bit. She’s never been on Universal Credit? Why? Can someone explain this to me, please? If you’re hungry and have a small child and have no money, why aren’t you applying for benefits? What’s the explanation?

Reactions: 31
'If' she succeeds? She has succeeded. She's a published writer (I won't say author), she's on TV, she has done various big brand partnerships. She is well paid for what she does, despite her self sabotaging every opportunity afforded her. It's not enough though, she still gets the PayPal tip jar begging bowl out. There is evidence here she has accepted money from people on far less than her including someone's winter fuel allowance and only returned it when repeatedly asked to. See also the recent cash grab for her next court case.

She doesn't want to pull herself up as her name suggests, she wants everyone else to fund her lifestyle so she can sit on Twitter all day long.
Yes by any normal criteria she is successful. She is the only one suggesting she isn't by moaning on about unpaid 120 hour weeks, and not owning her forever home.
More than once here it has been suggested if she showed the slightest bit of gratitude and humility for the many chances she has been given, and stopped begging, most here would not begrudge her.

Reactions: 29
Hang on, back up. I must have missed this bit. She’s never been on Universal Credit? Why? Can someone explain this to me, please? If you’re hungry and have a small child and have no money, why aren’t you applying for benefits? What’s the explanation?
SB is 11 or 12? It would still have been JSA, incapacity benefit and tax credits back then. But yeah, I think it was her choice not to claim benefits.

Reactions: 24
Exactly - nobody begrudges her a decent living through work. But she is pretending she makes no money, even when it is obvious she does, cries poor, and then begs.
That is what people object to.
That and her unchecked, disgraceful bullying behaviour towards people on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Spectacularly, and I do mean SPECTACULARLY, missing the point there, 80k followers woman.

I can't speak for others, but it's obvious to me that posters on these threads are actually happy if Jack makes money. It's the manipulation, exploitation of patreons and squiggles, and lying about being poor that people object to.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
SB is 11 or 12? It would still have been JSA, incapacity benefit and tax credits back then. But yeah, I think it was her choice not to claim benefits.
If she didn’t claim benefits, that’s crazy. You don’t get to complain about being poor when you don’t accept the help that’s around you.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She was on benefits for a while back in the days of The Pov, I think, but it wouldn't have been UC back then as that's a relatively new thing. She's not on it now because she has too much money to be eligible the government have made the process so traumatic in their attemps to kill off the poors that she'd rather starve, or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
If she didn’t claim benefits, that’s crazy. You don’t get to complain about being poor when you don’t accept the help that’s around you.
I believe there's a blog post where she says she didn't claim benefits because she wanted to set a good example for her son that "mummy works". Unreal isn't it, that she is now the self appointed spokesperson for people struggling?

• Wow
Reactions: 39
I believe there's a blog post where she says she didn't claim benefits because she wanted to set a good example for her son that "mummy works". Unreal isn't it, that she is now the self appointed spokesperson for people struggling?
Our taxes pay for benefits, so they’re there for everyone who needs them (and a few twats that don’t, but that’s life) The way she talks about it is vile. I don’t understand how such a nasty little troll gets away with it. Possibly the labels she throws around like that guy from the Xmen cartoon who could throw exploding cards. Gambit?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I have heard that the old system was terrible for people who were self employed. You had to sort of come off it when you earned and then sort of reapply when you didn’t and it was complicated. Universal Credit is not complicated. You just tell them what your income was this month and then they send you the money you’re entitled to every month. I’m really grateful for it. As a singleton who hardly ever goes out, I actually find I get enough support, but imagine it’s extremely tough for other people and I see it getting tougher with inflation.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.