Jack Monroe #306 Jack and the Giant Lawsuit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely unconnected, other than it being a classic example of somebody not checking their facts before going onto the Internet - get this

View attachment 1269469

Harry Corbett created Sooty.

Harry H Corbett was in Steptoe and Son.
OMG that is HILARIOUS. What makes it even better is that Harry H Corbett adopted the “H” in order not to be confused with the Sooty man. 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I just googled Seamaster watches and I am reeling at the prices. Who can afford to pay that for a watch? Well apart from Jacks parents.
Some of the sycophantic posts on Twitter are nauseating. It’s not even stuff she has said, they are making it up themselves. They’ll be building altars And sacrificing their cleaners to her by Tuesday.
Theres quite a few dissenting voices out there too and they are getting louder. The bright ones are starting to do the sums in their head
Sorry… a Seamaster watch?? Am I reading this correctly?!! Is it the case that Jack received one of these as a gift from her parents at some point or do I misunderstand?

I grew up fairly poor myself, but can’t deny my family are now probably best described as middle class. I have a professional qualification, and currently have a pretty good job, albeit an interim one, and would say my partner does too, both our wages being above average.

I nonetheless consider those kind of watches to be a luxury extravagance that’s probably still slightly beyond us unless we were being really very generous to ourselves or each other. You get those or give those, when you have a lot of money and can afford to splash out.

Jack’s parents gave her one of these??

• Haha
Reactions: 59
I had my drink spiked on NYE 1996 and Jack's story actually rings true to me. Funnily enough I also suspected the barman. I won't go into details but something awful happened to another girl that night and i was so lucky I headed to the loo instead of going outside.
Drink spikers have a special guillotine in hell reserved for chopping their bits off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Went to Tesco with No 2 son a while ago. He’s 6ft 3 and spent a lot of the time getting stuff off the top shelf for people. He told me that it happened pretty much every time he went shopping.
Mr Beds gets this too - though he’s smol at only 6ft. It doesn’t help when he by chance is wearing a stripped shirt with said supermarkets colours so people (mainly OAPs) assume he works there, never fails to make me smile 😂.

Back on thread I keep getting this ad, wonder if Jack has noted their details in case a back up lawyer is needed?

E054BA39-70E1-4AB1-875F-3309C724B898.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I don't want to be outing myself as a Viper here... But..

There was a thread on MN years ago, Jack rocked up...

I'm Jack Monroe, Ask Me Anything..
Something like that.

Most responded with a resounding, "who?"

A good while later Jack came back on, ranting and raving about a mum at the pub that Jack claimed had stolen their purse or something. Typical nastiness about a mum at a pub, saying that the mum was horrible, unruly etc. As I recall, jack got.called out on it and flounced in a huff.

I don't think MN forgot those threads tbh.
(And those are.how I remember them, they may not be accurate and I am in no way confirming that I go to or have ever gone o to a site known as Mumsnet...)
Again I'm way behind and apologies if already addressed but we also have those receipts here... x

Reactions: 25
Why would she be banned from the audience of Piers Morgan life stories. It’s not that interactive unless you are a close pal or a family member of the person being interviewed

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Good find.

Complete nonsense, of course. How funny that it happened the night before she had a job, which she then had to cancel...
I was thinking the same. She does love an elaborate excuse.
Like when she cut her foot before one of the Hellmanns shitshows. (I’m not sure a single one of those things started on time - some weren’t even on the scheduled day). What an absolute pantomime that was.

Reactions: 34
Did she even get expelled? How did she get 41/2 gcse results if she did? I know I sound like a weirdo CSI forensic analyst but Allegra got expelled and then took and passed her A levels, (Wikipedia), and then went off to the Cordon Bleu or whatever - and then all of a sudden, here comes Pinocchio Monroe with her expulsion and cooking skills and ooh, I fancy Leggy and I’m moving in and creating a blended family.

Don’t think so, Jack, love. Let me know when you’ve got the skills and acumen to earn an MBE, run a mega cover restaurant in New York and found a major high street restaurant chain…. #justsaying
No she didn't.
Claimed she was expelled because she stole a scalpel just before GCSEs. Simultaneously claimed parents knew nothing about it and also begged school let her sit exams.
2 school friends of hers have been here separately and said this is bollocks.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.