Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20220522-130451.png

Don't think anyone had snipped this end of this chat. Seems like regular reasonable pink squig had a critical thought.

Green squig needs to calm down. 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I felt so much rage when she said that. I mean, how bleeping racist is that to imply that just because one of the foster children were black, then that would have somehow made her ‘a slut’? Would she still have been considered a slut if the baby had been white? That tells me more about what she thinks than anything else and it isn’t bloody pretty.

ETA Am on a grunk, so soz if this is totally random at this juncture. 😊
Not to defend her comment but I *think* what she was trying to say here was that strangers assumed they were her own kids, in which case it would have been obvious they had two different fathers because one child was black and the other was a blonde white girl, and in some people's eyes that would make her a 'slut'. (Obviously having kids by different fathers doesn't actually make anyone a slut, nor does anything because it's a stupid concept in the first place, nor is it even particularly unusual nowadays for women to have children with different dads.) I don't think it was her intention to say she looked like a slut because she was holding a black baby, but jeez, it's not hard to read back what you've written before publishing it and realise people could very easily interpret it that way.

(Also on a grunk here so I'm sorry if this has been addressed already.)

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Not to defend her comment but I *think* what she was trying to say here was that strangers assumed they were her own kids, in which case it would have been obvious they had two different fathers because one child was black and the other was a blonde white girl, and in some people's eyes that would make her a 'slut'. (Obviously having kids by different fathers doesn't actually make anyone a slut, nor does anything because it's a stupid concept in the first place, nor is it even particularly unusual nowadays for women to have children with different dads.) I don't think it was her intention to say she looked like a slut because she was holding a black baby, but jeez, it's not hard to read back what you've written before publishing it and realise people could very easily interpret it that way.

Yes, that's pretty much my reading of it. Of course there is the 1864 version of Southend that Jack appears trapped in where they were all probably scandalised at seeing a women without a bonnet or a wedding ring walking the streets like a brazen hussy.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
This is from an article in the independent about Miguel Barclay. I just watched him on this morning on you tube. A natural in front of the cameras and also advising people to shop at different supermarkets to keep costs low. No hysterical giggling or rinsing beans in sight.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Yes, that's pretty much my reading of it. Of course there is the 1864 version of Southend that Jack appears trapped in where they were all probably scandalised at seeing a women without a bonnet or a wedding ring walking the streets like a brazen hussy.
#1848truther

• Haha
Reactions: 38

The problem is, the interaction never happened, so it’s clearly just Jack’s own racist and sexist attitudes, projected.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
The problem is, the interaction never happened, so it’s clearly just Jack’s own racist and sexist attitudes, projected.
It's a recurrent theme with Jack. She so desperately wants to be the main character she invents these bizarre scenarios that end up saying more about her own weird attitudes than anyone else. The overwhelming majority of people are too busy dealing with their own tit and going about their business to be walking about looking for 'sluts' to shame.

Reactions: 63
Perhaps she was wearing a very large bustle that day, which betrayed her as a woman of loose morals.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
She would wouldn’t she? She should just go on towie and be done with it.
Shame she's too common and coarse for it. 🙄

View attachment 1285310
Don't think anyone had snipped this end of this chat. Seems like regular reasonable pink squig had a critical thought.

Green squig needs to calm down. 😳
I really don't understand squigs like green. Jack herself has posted links for tip jars, PayPal etc, has accepted Patreon money for no content, at various times has cried poverty and said she can't afford butter/broadband/rent, only has £19/34/44/116 in her bank account... I'm sure there's other examples I'm forgetting, but Jack has never missed an opportunity to bemoan her alleged lack of money and subsequently accept money from strangers. She has made it a talking point. Don't want people to ask questions? Stop grifting.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Like. She’s a tit cook. She’s a bully. She’s vile and nasty. Does she deserve these opportunities more than someone like Miguel who also has a young child? Because she was on benefits for a year over a decade ago? She is not OWED a living because she was once poor.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Not squigging because she has 80k followers.

View attachment 1285410

View attachment 1285409
I don't think anyone disputes that she should earn a living from books, TV, appearances etc etc

Personally I don't think Patreon is her earning a living and that's where I have issues with her. If she actually DID something for her subscribers then I wouldn't have a problem with it but instead she rattles a tip jar and offers nothing but poison on twitter. That's not EARNING a living 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.