Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shame she's too common and coarse for it. 🙄

I really don't understand squigs like green. Jack herself has posted links for tip jars, PayPal etc, has accepted Patreon money for no content, at various times has cried poverty and said she can't afford butter/broadband/rent, only has £19/34/44/116 in her bank account... I'm sure there's other examples I'm forgetting, but Jack has never missed an opportunity to bemoan her alleged lack of money and subsequently accept money from strangers. She has made it a talking point. Don't want people to ask questions? Stop grifting.
One thing I don’t get is that she tweeted not that long ago (earlier this year I think) that she had £30,000 in her account. Since then she’s had work, for example the Lorraine thing, plus the usual income from books, ads, Patreon etc. Yet she says she has £19 or whatever in her account. So where has all that money gone?
I mean, she’s lying, but I don’t know why people don’t pick this sort of thing up.
She’s probably only talking about one account. But she obviously has a not insignificant income stream, so why is she being so weird about it.

• Wow
Reactions: 44
I think she claimed all the benefits she could. She will have needed to wait 6 or something weeks if she made herself unemployed.

But I think she has this story of a horrific time the DWP put her through because she's re-appropriating other people's stories of assesments for attention. She does claim things like I Daniel Blake was written about her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Need a morning rant before I go about my day…
View attachment 1284846
I have none of these either. Because I’m looking after my two disabled kids. You know what else I don’t have - weekends away in Venice, celebrity friends or people blowing smoke up my arse for everything I do. I do however have some humility to realise that yeh at times it’s a bit tit but in the whole I’m very privileged - something you might like to try!

On top of this i have a family member who has lost an awful lot of weight due to a medical condition and the huge waiting lists and I would love them to look as well as you do in your literally starving pic. Unfortunately they are pale, gaunt and incredibly thin.

do us all a favour and just give it a rest
Well if it’s that bad and leaves her in such financial hardship why continue doing it?
Why doesn’t she cut her losses and get a non self employed job? Be a waitress or a barista or something and maybe volunteer in CAB if you still want to help those struggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Jack seems very entitled. She expects everything to be handed to her rather than having to work for it. How she got this way is a mystery because her parents seem like hard workers. Maybe her dad got her the job with the fire service to stop her doing nothing and living off them. She probably has a lot of resentment about having to share her parents with the foster children. She has two therapists though! A narcissist has to know they are one to respond to therapy though. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 33
I think she claimed all the benefits she could. She will have needed to wait 6 or something weeks if she made herself unemployed.

But I think she has this story of a horrific time the DWP put her through because she's re-appropriating other people's stories of workplace assessments for attention. She does claim things like I Daniel Blake was written about her.
My Sunday Afternoon musing is that Jack is completely devoid of empathy. So doesn't understand you don't have to BE something or in a situation NOW in order to help and support people. So she's stuck in (a very brief) THEN.

There are dozens of jobs where people aren't required to BE in a situation in order to provide help and support. You need empathy, compassion, common sense. My own included.

I've had wine so I hope that makes sense 😂.

• Heart
My mithering on this is that Jack definitely thinks she is too good for a normal job now. The way she signposts to her blog posts with the “in my piece potatoes/hunger hurts etc” it is clear she rates herself as an amazing writer

• Haha
Reactions: 45
She claimed benefits:

Here's the controversial "Mummy works" post:

It's poorly written (plus ça change, Jack!) but what she's trying to say is that she was claiming benefits but didn't want to continue - she wanted a job:

View attachment 1285595

The rest of that post (and many other blog entries) makes it clear that she was indeed claiming benefits.
I must say I’m really looking forward to reading all about it when she finally gets a job…no idea how she’ll fit it in round the current 120 hour week she spends on Twitter spends helping the cor bloymey povs guvnor.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I actually can't believe this - look what Jack's just liked.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.51.24.png

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.52.00.png

That's right - someone suggested a £20k donation to a food bank, and she's 'liked' the comment saying 'screw that, Jack should keep the money rather than donate it to a food bank' 😱

She's also retweeted this.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.52.57.png

ETA doesn't owe any taxes apparently.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.58.08.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 102

View attachment 1285881

View attachment 1285880

That's right - someone suggested a £20k donation to a food bank, and she's 'liked' the comment saying 'screw that, Jack should keep the money rather than donate it to a food bank' 😱

View attachment 1285888

View attachment 1285898
Speaks volumes doesn't it?

With the tax thing, it's possible she's paid what she owes now, but not yet filed accounts for whatever reason. But she clearly hadn't paid them by her comments only recently, so she can hardly try and take the high ground 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 60

View attachment 1285881

View attachment 1285880

View attachment 1285888

View attachment 1285898
Even if you don’t you still likely owe a duck tonne in fines you horrible twerp.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

View attachment 1285881

View attachment 1285880

View attachment 1285888

View attachment 1285898
Ah, great. Glad she’s put the tax thing to bed. Everyone can stand down now coz we know she literally can’t lie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
So she's just ghoulishly posted a list of people she believes to have died of literal starvation to use as a weapon in an argument but is fine with £20k going straight to the Jack Monroe Forever Orangery Fund instead of food banks? And someone just gave her an award for campaigning?? Her ego is monstrous, it's worse than the Pumble.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 84

With the tax thing, it's possible she's paid what she owes now, but not yet filed accounts for whatever reason. But she clearly hadn't paid them by her comments only recently, so she can hardly try and take the high ground 🤷
Doesn’t mean that much without filing the actual tax returns because there will still be thousands of pounds worth of penalties. She may well have filed self assessment returns, but would owe tax on £22K of income. The tax allowance has been £12500 and £12570 for the last few years. What she is saying doesn’t make any sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

I think she may have paid them now as before she used to ignore the comments, now she's all cocky about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

View attachment 1285881

View attachment 1285880

View attachment 1285888

View attachment 1285898
Bloody hell. There are loads of food heroes, restaurants and bars I can think of that deserve recognition. Particularly on the back of covid/lockdowns and Jack isn't one of them.

Reactions: 29

She must have forgotten that she was part of the research for I, Daniel Blake when she penned this article. She does remind readers that she turned down selling her life story for film rights, of course. And there's an obligatory wall punch thrown in for good measure. Which is all true. Because Jack literally cannot lie. *Softly, gently, yawns and rolls eyes for infinity*

Aha! It makes sense, paid taxes, that £30k she had squirrelled away is gone. Desperate pleas for forever home and jealous rages at others. Questionable sobriety and many calls of being poor.

• Sad
Reactions: 50
Omg she’s on an absolute mad one with liking that “screw the foodbanks let Jack have the money [20k] for once” - I thought earlier today that the only thing that could be generating this level of idek what, general ghastliness, must be financial insecurity and she’s only continuing to prove that right 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Jack may not owe any tax, but she didn't say her company - that iicr has a separate legal legal personality, doesn't owe any tax.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Doesn’t mean that much without filing the actual tax returns because there will still be thousands of pounds worth of penalties. She may well have filed self assessment returns, but would owe tax on £22K of income. The tax allowance has been £12500 and £12570 for the last few years. What she is saying doesn’t make any sense.
No it doesn't. At the risk of being triangulated I earn around 13k pa. It varies a little because standby duties are part of my contract. I definitely pay tax 🤔. Weird.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.