Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ETA it seems she always got housing benefit though.
WTC would have qualified her for that So she’s basically admitted that she could have sat at home on IS and child tax credit and been better off than running her small business. So essentially she fed her son weetabix and water because she wanted to prove that ‘mummy works’.

Photos of him sitting wrapped up in jackets with a red face because he was freezing.
Personally. I wouldn’t have cared if she had spent a decade on benefits. There were plenty of people back in the day who did this and there was a benefit trap back then. Some people couldn’t afford childcare and basically were better off not working. You basically do what is best for your child in that circumstance

Also. I’ve never worked in a pub but bar work can’t be that hard to get. There will be high turnover because it’s not for everyone. She was working in a bar when she was working in the fire brigade as a second job but couldn’t get a pub job when she was unemployed?

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Can anyone come up with any examples of kindness, generosity, humour and resilience? I mean there was that time she sent random folk Lion bars which was quite nice, I suppose but mostly she's just mean spirited, grasping and spiteful.
The only way I can think Jack is connected to any of those qualities is what she sparks off on here. I’ve encountered the most sympathetic, empathetic and caring people here and I can’t think of a single occasion where Jack has been any of the above.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I see Jack's GONE again. gone to ground, regular as clockwork
1653231519080.png

imagine this labelled with JACK and CANAL

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She claimed benefits:

Here's the controversial "Mummy works" post:

It's poorly written (plus ça change, Jack!) but what she's trying to say is that she was claiming benefits but didn't want to continue - she wanted a job:

View attachment 1285595

The rest of that post (and many other blog entries) makes it clear that she was indeed claiming benefits.
bleeping grim. Sorry not sorry I claimed benefits in order to feed and clothe my kids, which was quite the income drop as my ExH was on 50K but I’d been poor before I met him so it didn’t take too long to adjust. Sorry not sorry that I claimed benefits instead of immediately shoving my 2YO and 4MO in day care, because I prioritised the 2YOs sense of stability over my pride.

Not strictly true but I know what you mean. However it would have gone to a decision maker and if you can argue that you had good cause for leaving you wouldn’t be barred from claiming JSA.

Plus. The decision not to award would have been for a limited time. I think 13 weeks and she could have claimed hardship benefits and appealed the decision.

She could also have got a fit note and applied for ESA as she said she had severe mental health issues at the point she resigned her job.
It would have been Income Support not JSA as she was a lone parent to an Under 5. It would have been very simple and straightforward.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
remember when she claimed in the intro of Tin Can Cook that a dead woman named Shirley Goode slagged her off, but then a deep dive into Shirley's blog found that she actually was quite complimentary about Jack's dish but clearly had the audacity to cotton on to the inconsistency in jack's origin story.

i guess slander is only okay when it's happening to a nice old lady who is no longer alive to defend herself

What Jack says:
View attachment 1285293

What Shirley actually said:
View attachment 1285292

What probably triggered her narc rage:
View attachment 1285295

I think we ought to have a special achievement award called “The Shirley” as it sounds like she was years ahead of the rest of us in copping on to the inaccuracies. We could nominate squigs for a Shirley if particularly incisive 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
She was on benefits but her rent was high and she had to pay a proportion of her working tax to make up the shortfall. When she was poor universal credit wasn’t an option as it hadnt been developed back then.

If she is talking about now. As in only having 19 quid. Yes she could apply for UC

She was also poor apparently in lockdown but she couldn’t go on UC due to THE TRAUMA
so she made up photos of tat and sold them to her followers. She’s a snobby twit who thinks UC is for others

She’s been lying her face off for years. Anyone remember when she got the 25k advance. Still poor Jack.

Always poor Jack. She also said that she ended up in thousands of pounds of debt due to a missed 6 quid bill.

I don’t believe her. Yes unauthorised overdrafts can be a nightmare for people on benefits but she could have gone to CAB and got advice. I don’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth. Her fame is based on lie after lie after lie
I got overdrawn when my benefits suddenly stopped. I phoned the bank up and explained my situation, and they froze my account so that the charges didn't increase.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She claimed benefits:

Here's the controversial "Mummy works" post:

It's poorly written (plus ça change, Jack!) but what she's trying to say is that she was claiming benefits but didn't want to continue - she wanted a job:

View attachment 1285595

The rest of that post (and many other blog entries) makes it clear that she was indeed claiming benefits.
Thanks for sharing these links. Some thoughts;

Why does she act as if everything in life is such hard work? I definitely don’t enjoy filling in forms and complicated bureaucracy - who does? But we get on with it, life is tough after all and I think that she hasn’t grasped that ,is the issue.

Also many mentions of her “famous temper” Which is very evident in her Twitter tirades.

Also the whole bit about not knowing why been sacked as she was so amazing and good with people… she could have just called for feedback… imagine how useful that may have been in a formative life stage?

Reactions: 38
Thanks for sharing these links. Some thoughts;

Why does she act as if everything in life is such hard work? I definitely don’t enjoy filling in forms and complicated bureaucracy - who does? But we get on with it, life is tough after all and I think that she hasn’t grasped that ,is the issue.

Also many mentions of her “famous temper” Which is very evident in her Twitter tirades.

Also the whole bit about not knowing why been sacked as she was so amazing and good with people… she could have just called for feedback… imagine how useful that may have been in a formative life stage?
It's all very much cutting off her nose to spite her face. It's like she's been in a decade long temper tantrum against the world.

Yes the system doesn't work, yes we should expend whatever influence we are given to improve it. But that won't happen overnight, so full out the damn form and claim your benefits if that's going to stop your child from starving.

Reactions: 37
I’ve said this before but being on income support wouldn’t have caused her trauma. There’s no requirement to job search or there wouldn’t have been at that point in time. The issue seems to have been her housing benefits stopping and starting

She’s had zero trauma from being on benefits. Ever. Any trauma she has had have been from her own bad decisions.

That sounds exceptionally harsh but it’s the truth. She’s not someone who has had their PIP or DLA cut. She’s never been sanctioned.

She seems to be comparing herself to people who have gone through hardship thanks to bad DWP decisions. She’s just mining other peoples trauma to use as her own.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
It's all very much cutting off her nose to spite her face. It's like she's been in a decade long temper tantrum against the world.

Yes the system doesn't work, yes we should expend whatever influence we are given to improve it. But that won't happen overnight, so full out the damn form and claim your benefits if that's going to stop your child from starving.
Yes exactly this!!!

Also she was acting as if she had done the Nursery and various call centres a huge favour by not losing “her famous temper”. Those are traditional working class jobs, they didn’t make the rules!?? Rage against the system not the people doing the work.

Can you imagine having to interact with her in real life? Like if she got on your bus or in your Uber? Or rocked up to your hair salon?? Those are people deserving a PayPal tip jar.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I got overdrawn when my benefits suddenly stopped. I phoned the bank up and explained my situation, and they froze my account so that the charges didn't increase.
It’s actually against the code of conduct for banks to place charges if you’re only income is benefits. During my brief period on benefits a nice lady at the bank told me this and I got a refund of about 300 quid.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Herissue with the fire service was the night shifts, to be fair bar work would be a lesser issue but still a challenge regarding night times. In any case I think everyone back then was fine with single parents not working and claiming benefits - there’s a reason why you were allowed to not look for work until the child starts school.
I think the crafting business was an early grift template (albeit unconsciously, I don’t think she foresaw patreon and PayPal) the same kind of thing, that and the yard sale - look at me I’m on the bones of my arse but I’m trying please shower me with extra cashes from the goodness of your heart

Reactions: 31
Ironically it does always make me lol when someone says Jack is humorous. Her complete absence of a sense of humour is a congenital defect passed down from the Mediterranean Marxist half of the Monroe bloodline. Source: Big Dave laughing to the point of spontaneous pneumothorax at gold trifles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
If she had no issue with claiming housing benefit why was income support beneath her? I wouldn't be surprised if she was claiming all she was entitled to but pretended not to be in order to position herself as morally superior to other non-working single mothers, Tory that she is. The drop in income was no doubt a shock to the system and enough for I'm-alright-Jack to convince herself (and others) that she was "literally starving". She capitalised on her situation instantly and I don't believe a word she says about anything!

Reactions: 25
Ooooh. She's ever so quiet today. I'm scared 🥺. We've had to claim benefits for short periods over the years due to my partner being made redundant a few times. Not pleasant but not difficult and people were very helpful 🤷‍♀️. Actually getting the benefits stopped once he was back in work was the worst bit because we didn't always know what payment/part of a payment was ours or a possible over payment due to system 'catch up'.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.