Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuine patreon content creators also do things like pause the subscription for patrons if they are unable to do updates for a month, or offer benefits like monthly giveaways. One of the podcasts I follow gave all of it's Patreon income from April to UNICEF and raised £30,000 (vastly inflated from their normal monthly figure because they encouraged people to sign up for one month for charity). That podcast does daily blog updates (yes daily, Jack) and 4/5 ad free podcasts a week for patrons as opposed to 2 with ads without. And free to enter competitions.

Jack just sees it another begging bowl.
Quoting myself as I forgot to say all the podcast stuff and blog entries are done by one man and I don't think he has a 100 hour working week, despite being far more productive than Jack!

Reactions: 27
Nah this isn't the one. My aunt has had a severe ED for years to the point she looks like skeletor in person. She is literally starving. My Mum has an alcohol addiction and reduces her food intake so she doesn't gain too much weight. Her legs are like pencils.

As someone who is accustomed to looking at family members who are quite literally starving....you can duck right off Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 93
I've emerged from my restful slumber to see Our Jack has made a few non-evidenced, overly defensive, spiteful, whingy tweets. Plus ça change, eh?

I just couldn't fathom spending my life in such a bizarre cycle of lying and exaggerating and then getting aggressive towards people. Whilst also tweeting my fingers to the bone and claiming to be poor.

*Exhales - softly, gently*

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Jack once wrote a piece on starving on benefits for the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/jack-monroe-starve-benefits-england

It raises one important question...just how many people have told Jack Monroe she should have kept her legs shut? Why is it always exactly the same phrase? Did Michael Portillo, her brother, and this random nasty Southender all get together to share notes?

View attachment 1284151
All these quotes from her own (poor) writing do is show her nasty internal biases.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
More people that believe the publicist guff as opposed to evidence.

The acceptable, non offensive, face of poverty - that's JMs job title.

Visit Jaywick, parts of Grimsby or Scunthorpe, hell, swathes of any big city.
That's real poverty that I see everyday. I have never seen Jack once anywhere doing a damn thing..

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I hope it’s ok to say this as I appreciate its very forward and none of my business but a good friend of mine has always much bigger legs despite being very slim and she found out she has something called lipoedema that effects her legs. The diagnosis made such a difference to her so I wanted to share. She’s saving for surgery abroad as the nhs aren’t very good at treating it. Again - very sorry for such a huge overstep but she was 45 before she’d ever heard of it and doctors were always dismissive.
I have that too. I was diagnosed earlier because it runs in my family but the NHS will do nothing about it. Basically told me to come back when the pain is unbearable. By that point, there will be even fewer treatment options. Good luck to your friend! I’d love to have the surgery and have even thought about crowdfunding it, but I honestly could never do a Jack and ask for money!

Why do people keep telling her to close her legs in her stories? Bizarre.

I noticed that as well as her old blog, her old tweets are on archive under the msjackmonroe name. Nothing too exciting, but it’s strange how much nicer she is on her old Twitter. She even manages to talk politely to people without blue ticks. I honestly think excessive Twitter use breaks peoples’ brains.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I’m in a radio 4 Facebook group and there was a load of gushing about the Profile. So I posted that she’s a middle class grifter and some bloke said that he’d screenshotted my libel and was sending it to Jack. Then they deleted my post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 132
Not really following along because, well, she is being horrific. So I apologise for lack of 👍and ❤.

You don’t need to look a certain way to be suffering from an ED. I cannot emphasise that enough.

But that is not what she said this time is it? She said she was “L I T E R A L L Y. S T A R V I N G.” . Like others, I have taught individuals whose ED put them into that position and they did not look like Jack did in that photo. It was heartbreaking to see and it generally ended with repeated hospitalisations and years of therapy.

Secondly, I really don’t want to moderate language, but saying that Jack’s legs look “perfect” is not helpful when we are trying to create a culture where size doesn’t matter and that we aren’t as obsessed about our looks. There is health at every size. Many of us are trapped in a cycle of worrying over our own bodies, we certainly don’t need to know that others might think a certain body type is “healthy” or “perfect”.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I’m in a radio 4 Facebook group and there was a load of gushing about the Profile. So I posted that she’s a middle class grifter and some bloke said that he’d screenshotted my libel and was sending it to Jack. Then they deleted my post :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You must not question the Holey Back Stories Of The Patron Saint Of Poverty.

You must accept the lies like Oliver accepted slop and then go back and ask for more..
"More!? You want More!?... No one's ever asked for more Monroe Slop!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
No. She’s the dictionary definition of mad. That isn’t a mental health slur btw. Shes a grifting compulsive pathological liar who keeps lying even when she knows people have her measure.

She’s also a nasty bullying manipulative individual. I despise her
Babe, same. She’s vile.

Reactions: 31
Well that's going to be awkward, squig, given that it's Jack's Good Friend™️ Martin Lewis who is behind it.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 08.17.17.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Body of work Jack is back.
She’s obviously had a piss and a sandwich

View attachment 1284398
“Unpaid time and labour” and “emotional labour” is Jack taking terminology more commonly used by POC to describe how they’re always having to do the heavy lifting in explaining racism etc. I’m sure someone will explain this more eloquently but to me it’s more appropriation from Jack. She’s deliberately using language to align herself with the marginalised in society when she’s a white, middle class person who had a very brief period of questionable under-earning.

Babe, same. She’s vile.
Omg your profile pic 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Nah this isn't the one. My aunt has had a severe ED for years to the point she looks like skeletor in person. She is literally starving. My Mum has an alcohol addiction and reduces her food intake so she doesn't gain too much weight. Her legs are like pencils.

As someone who is accustomed to looking at family members who are quite literally starving....you can duck right off Jack.
Nikki Graham ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
"One of the recent former Mr Jacks was a city boy, and I didn’t quite fit into the Made In Chelsea circle of women that flitted about like glamorous bluebottles. I’ll always remember one particular occasion, when a woman asked me what I did for a living. ‘I’m currently unemployed’, I said, to a now-silent table."
More evil non-Jacks delivering Jack based bias. Unemployed? At a dinner party? So brave x

ETA: "I get up in the morning and am a mother, a nutritionist, a kitchen goddess, a cleaner, an educator, a business woman, an accountant, a machinist, an errand girl, a baker, a PR and marketing woman, a blogger, a newspaper columnist, and a singleton."
I will say this though, her writing then was less obnoxious then how she currently writes. Not content-wise, that is still super cringe, but her style has become worse over the years.

Reactions: 36
🤦🏼‍♀️

A2D14F59-A542-4A14-828B-31C03D6C7711.jpeg

1B26D275-1ECE-41A3-8B3B-392268CDC726.jpeg

ETA that the account that QTd has nearly 4k followers. Thankyou for doing the lord’s work and bringing more people to Tattle. Jack Monroe is v v grateful 🥰

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.