Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasted legs Jack is the biggest bullshit since it will thicken in the oven spunk sauce

Maybe there is hope for mumsnet afteeall

1653164031227.png

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 121
I can see why people are confused about Jack's use of Literally starving to imply that it was more than just hunger, that she could have had an even worse outcome.

She uses the exact same phrase to describe people in this article, under the headline of people are going to starve to deathView attachment 1283969
I hate it when she uses this stuff as some sort of gotcha. It doesn't give the full context of a situation. I've worked with (predominantly) older people in the community in some of the most deprived areas of the south west UK (not all 'sweet little old ladies', either) for 30 years. I can safely say that in this time there have always been other issues if someone doesn't have enough food. I'm not talking about parents not eating/skipping meals in order to feed their children.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I don’t think she’s even realised this, but her comment about “wasted legs” is even worse because in that same picture there is a man using a wheelchair.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
Grate your f**king Spam???!!!

Jack WTF? If you must do this (and who would) surely you could go to local butchers for some offal or cheap cuts.

This is so ridiculous
You're just showing your culinary naivety.

If you don't grate your spam it won't melt in your mouth, the way a good sausage does.

• Haha
  • Sick
I don’t think she’s even realised this, but her comment about “wasted legs” is even worse because in that same picture there is a man using a wheelchair.
Eek! Hopefully she grunks soon and deletes as she is so self absorbed she probably doesn’t notice anyone else in the photo but that’s quite a faux pas. I didn’t notice at first.

Reactions: 34
As Jack is getting triggering again if it’s starting to get too much for anyone please come over to the Food & Drink thread it’s mainly members of the canal and their cattos & doggos and sheepos.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I never really get affected by nonsense online. I have SPD so not much affects me anyway.

Twitter is hellhole, it's either slebs trying to promote themselves or people arguing two opposing viewpoints that can't see each others points, it isn't real, not really.
Twitter is a shitehole. It gets on my tits that schools use it because the site is infested with do much dreck. But you are right, most of it is sleb drivel or hole v hole. It's like poundland Clash of the Titans.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I’m finding her whole twitter presence genuinely really disturbing at the moment, it’s like over the last few months she’s got even worse.
She has got worse. A while ago I said she seemed to be getting worse with the arrogance and brazen cockiness. Now, she seems to me both demented and malevolent along with it 😕

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
But you are right, most of it is sleb drivel or hole v hole. It's like poundland Clash of the Titans.
I think it's just given everyone a bigger mouth piece than they really deserve.

If not for twitter, JM would be an untrained and unprofessional cook writing books few people buy. But she's tapped into the middle class guilt with made up sob stories shared to a platform that, 20 years ago, she'd never have.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
She has got worse. A while ago I said she seemed to be getting worse with the arrogance and brazen cockiness. Now, she seems to me both demented and malevolent along with it 😕
As her Twitter presence rises so does her narc supply which in turn makes her more cocky and brazen. It’s like throwing fuel on a fire. A v dangerous combo.

It will be her undoing eventually. Maybe not this year or the next, but it will come and it will be her that causes it.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
My father in law is 96, still lives by himself, still drives, has a gym in his back garden and runs 10 mile's a day before using his rowing machine. Now the weather is better in an afternoon he goes for a walk, generally a 10 miler. He's only sad he can't do hills anymore so he can no longer do the 3 peaks. So Jack may be waiting a long time!

Anyway I've been planting my tubs up and pottering in the garden before coming in and watching some Ina on catch up, her food is always joyful and and you can tell she enjoys it. Very unlike the smoll pixie, she also has clean hands and doesn't eat out of the pan.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
If Jack was literally starving* in 2012, surely this indicates that her entire career is based on a lie? Her schtick was always supposedly healthy food on a microbudget. If her own food left her literally starving, why would anyone follow her recipes?

* she wasn't

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Do you have to have a Facebook account to see this?
Ah I do like JO 🙂. I feel his heart is in the right place even he's a bit misguided at times. He's consistent with his content. And god forbid that anyone who should be eating grated spam has a treat meal now and again. Says 'duck it' on pay/benefit day and makes a tasty meal even though you know things will be tight.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.