Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s hilarious that she said he has to be anon for his own protection. No one gives a duck who she’s dating

The same way she had to follow her son home from school incase he was kidnapped and she made those mad cartoon videos as well to protect her family. Allegedly.
The Tories have her under surveillance too 👀. She said so in the interview yesterday.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
She doesn’t understand us or our lives, she views us through a middle class prism. She is a caricature of a working class woman with all the toughness, all the joy and all the camaraderie sucked out.
Jack lives in a large house in an expensive area, has a decent passive income (Patreon), and can apparently pick and choose when she works (if you believe her 'turning down' TV offers is true).

However, she RENTS, eats Smartprice food, and gets angry sometimes, so she must be working class.

Her world view is based on stereotypes.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
I imagine part of Jamie’s ‘beef’ with 30p meals is that he knows that it brings down quality of ingredients, payment for farmers and welfare standard.. not that mrs bollock sausage cares about welfare standards.
Yeah definitely, also anyone with any knowledge of nutrition or taste would look at Jack's recipes and meal planner and shake their head in despair. Add to that that Jamie actually seems very passionate about getting people to eat healthier and it's a double whammy.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I imagine part of Jamie’s ‘beef’ with 30p meals is that he knows that it brings down quality of ingredients, payment for farmers and welfare standard.. not that mrs bollock sausage cares about welfare standards.
I am not his fan but I would listen to him way more than I would listen to her. He actually cares about enjoying food and ensuring it's also nutritional enough to sustain a hungry growing child!

Reactions: 48
However, she RENTS, eats Smartprice food, and gets angry sometimes, so she must be working class.
Does she though?
Is that a factual statement with proof? Or is the house owned by Mack Jonroe of StrootBap Chef Ltd?..

Cause, pure speculation obviously, with a Patreon income and several bestselling books etc. It'd be easy to squirrel away and purchase property under different names.etc.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Does she though?
Is that a factual statement with proof? Or is the house owned by Mack Jonroe of StrootBap Chef Ltd?..

Cause, pure speculation obviously, with a Patreon income and several bestselling books etc. It'd be easy to squirrel away and purchase property under different names.etc.
I think someone claiming to know her landlady once posted about her somewhere. Not sure if it was here or elsewhere then posted here.

Not solid proof, but personally I doubt she is lying about renting.

Reactions: 41
I'd have some degree of respect if Jack used her platform to say it is absolutely not ok that people have to survive on these foods, that it is an insult that people don't have access to a well balanced diet. Sausages with 32% meat in them are a disgrace for a plethora of reasons. Cheap cooking Bacon is pumped full of nasties that people not on a tight budget can avoid. That people are getting less good quality ingredients overall.

But nope, these are recommened as tastier by Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Does she though?

Her books aren’t best selling. That’s part of the reason she can’t afford to buy a house outright. Her books are shite and people don’t want to read them.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
The Tories have her under surveillance too 👀. She said so in the interview yesterday.
It's because Boris is so scared of her. He often breaks down sobbing because he thinks Jack is hiding under his bed and Carrie has to go in and check to make sure the room is Jack free before he'll go in.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
Does she though?

I don't think there's any chance of her owning property, now or in the future, unless it's gifted to her. She's far too tit with money and just pisses it away as soon as she has it, on her high end goods. She can't budget for tit. If she had a house it'd end up wrecked in no time as she wouldn't keep up with the costs of maintaining it. She'd fill it with Cotswolds while the walls fall down around them 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Her books aren’t best selling. That’s part of the reason she can’t afford to buy a house outright. Her books are shite and people don’t want to read them.
To get them on the best seller list she has to crowdfund £30k of sales.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I want to know if Ken Hom is in the WhatsApp group. He was dishing out great advice today on Saturday Kitchen. How to reduce use of cooking oil, adapting recipes to use less cooking time/fuel consumption (he cooked the egg for a dish alongside the veggies in one pan), reducing meat consumption, bulking out smaller portions of meat by adding peas etc to dishes, how it's healthier to eat less meat (he didn't suggest buying better quality meat in smaller amounts but I assume that's a given as he didn't use bollock smart price nosausages in his pork dish). The other chef whose name I forgot, gave some great advice about adding subtle spice and flavour to curry dishes by selecting the appropriate spice!

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.