Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Jack once wrote a piece on starving on benefits for the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/jack-monroe-starve-benefits-england

It raises one important question...just how many people have told Jack Monroe she should have kept her legs shut? Why is it always exactly the same phrase? Did Michael Portillo, her brother, and this random nasty Southender all get together to share notes?

View attachment 1284151
Obviously if the kids were in fact Jack's, that would have made her a "slut" 🙄
"walking down the street with a black baby" - she's always been so disgusting, hasn't she?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 104

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
Jack once wrote a piece on starving on benefits for the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/jack-monroe-starve-benefits-england

It raises one important question...just how many people have told Jack Monroe she should have kept her legs shut? Why is it always exactly the same phrase? Did Michael Portillo, her brother, and this random nasty Southender all get together to share notes?

View attachment 1284151
Where to start with this repulsiveness.

1) Having both a black baby and a lanky blonde child is not indicative of being a slut. Barely concealed racism.
2) You were not a foster carer.
3) Giving your parents five minutes peace from what exactly? She can’t conceal her disdain for foster kids.
4) Strangers are not thinking about you. You’re not that interesting.
5) and if they were they’d have just assumed you were a teenaged babysitter
6) This interaction didn’t happen.
7) And if it did, saying you’re a virgin to a complete stranger is weird as fuck

• Heart
Reactions: 102

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
"I get up in the morning and am a mother, a nutritionist, a kitchen goddess, a cleaner, an educator, a business woman, an accountant, a machinist, an errand girl, a baker, a PR and marketing woman, a blogger, a newspaper columnist, and a singleton."
‘I put my traaaazers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house’
D8DFE120-FEA5-4634-9668-C320D08382B0.jpeg

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I actually can't believe this - look what Jack's just liked.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.51.24.png

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.52.00.png

That's right - someone suggested a £20k donation to a food bank, and she's 'liked' the comment saying 'screw that, Jack should keep the money rather than donate it to a food bank' 😱

She's also retweeted this.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.52.57.png

ETA doesn't owe any taxes apparently.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 at 17.58.08.png

• Wow
  • Haha

Sglodion

Chatty Member
“ to everyone in London I looked mad, I was mad”

Nobody ever in London has ever paid anyone any attention, in the entire history of London. She’s so obsessed with how people view her.
Can confirm - I once got the bus in a posh London suburb dressed as a tree. By which I mean I'd cut down part of an actual tree and was wearing it strapped to my body and arms, so I was about seven feet tall and rustled whenever we braked. Literally no-one looked twice. You have to try a bit harder than leaving a cinema in tears to get Londoners to even notice you, let alone think you're mad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I don’t think she’s even realised this, but her comment about “wasted legs” is even worse because in that same picture there is a man using a wheelchair.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 100

Bugger13

VIP Member
Sorry if this offends anyone but I hate those stupid fucking earrings of hers. I don’t care if they are Tiffany, she looks like Zippy off rainbow in my opinion.
Has been bothering me for a while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

usefullyuseless

VIP Member
My toddler enjoys sitting at a switched off laptop, pressing the keys and saying 'busy, busy, busy.' She's still more productive than Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
🤦🏼‍♀️

A2D14F59-A542-4A14-828B-31C03D6C7711.jpeg

1B26D275-1ECE-41A3-8B3B-392268CDC726.jpeg

ETA that the account that QTd has nearly 4k followers. Thankyou for doing the lord’s work and bringing more people to Tattle. Jack Monroe is v v grateful 🥰

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
remember when she claimed in the intro of Tin Can Cook that a dead woman named Shirley Goode slagged her off, but then a deep dive into Shirley's blog found that she actually was quite complimentary about Jack's dish but clearly had the audacity to cotton on to the inconsistency in jack's origin story.

i guess slander is only okay when it's happening to a nice old lady who is no longer alive to defend herself

What Jack says:
1653220514922.png

What Shirley actually said:
1653220500563.png

What probably triggered her narc rage:
1653220570075.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 98

KingBabar

Here I am, still catching up. You're right Hotes, that's exactly what she did on her Facebook account. I couldn't believe that any parent would make life difficult for themselves, and more importantly, their child.Even then she seemed to lap up the attention, repeating the same thing, and being given the same advice over and over again.

While I'm posting I want to apologise for not being able to acknowledge people's posts with emojis. My laptop broke, so I use my phone and my arthritic hands struggle to do much more than scroll. I'm worried I might press an inappropriate emoji and upset someone, but I'm here reading along, nodding, raging and laughing with you all. Clearly Jack's worst arthritis ever doesn't stop her typing on a phone, or writing reams of pointless, performative twaddle in her expensive notebooks with pens nobody else is allowed to touch.

Tried to quote Hotes' post and quoted ColouredLines instead, so have had to delete that bit and this will probably make no sense now but it took me ages so I'm posting it. My very own chaos 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
I’d just written a rant in the previous thread and it closed before I could post, so I’m dumping it here. So angry (not about the thread closing but with Jack).

Sorry for the incoming swears but I fucking hate* her and I fucking hate* her moronic flying monkeys. She’s a lying, ungrateful, self-centred horrible, horrible person. I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach from this pile on so I really hope the unfortunate pile on victim is dealing with all this ok, it’s so unpleasant and unnecessary. It’s outrageous that’s she’s continually allowed to get away with this and it’s getting more and more frequent. She literally is made of Teflon.

*dislike immensely

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Her books aren’t best selling. That’s part of the reason she can’t afford to buy a house outright. Her books are shite and people don’t want to read them.
You mean the people don't need recipes like this? May have posted it before, but I sincerely doubt JO is nicking any of Jack's recipes!
IMG20220521211431.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95