Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't it quite risky to stuff a chicken? Or it needs doing/cooking in a specific way that should probably be explained for food safety reasons?

eta I'm genuinely not sure but my mum always said never to do it. Google seems to think you add it before the end of cooking, not into a fully raw chicken that's 'heading into the oven'?
It's been decades since I stuffed a chicken but I (under the supervision of my granny) would stuff it raw. I've no idea if that's right or not but it always tasted fine and no one died.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Does she though?
Is that a factual statement with proof? Or is the house owned by Mack Jonroe of StrootBap Chef Ltd?..

Cause, pure speculation obviously, with a Patreon income and several bestselling books etc. It'd be easy to squirrel away and purchase property under different names.etc.
i would be very surprised if there was actually any secret property; Jack couldn’t resist from crowing about it in some backhanded way andas we have seen from EVERY SINGLE THING THEY APPEAR TO TWEET would trip herself up with the lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
It takes longer to cook a stuffed chicken, which doesn't seem good advice in terms of fuel costs. I use half a box of 29p stuffing mixture from Aldi and put it in at the same time as cooking my chicken.
Thank you both - was honestly not sure if it was ok to do or not.

Reactions: 13
The thought of holding meat in my bare hand and grating it disgusts me… particularly a meat so sloppy a grating is not required.

Is this part of the poverty cosplay? Does she think there are poor people up and down the land sadly grating spam in their hovels?

• Sick
Reactions: 42
The other chef whose name I forgot, gave some great advice about adding subtle spice and flavour to curry dishes by selecting the appropriate spice!
Nisha Katona, she's great. Her recipe for Temple Dahl and puris is what we have when we're a bit skint because it's cheap but also tastes fabulous.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
duck you, Jamie! I’m the best – all my fans say so. 💪

Why is she spitting her dummy out? She should be basking in the glory of her Non Achievement award.
Why is she arguing about the definition of a word? Look it up, numbnut. It's not just there for embellishment - it means something. It's almost like honorary degrees aren't a good measure of intellect!

1653134789526.png

"First grate your Spam."
Gosh, I needed that little banger to cheer me up! 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 33
You mean the people don't need recipes like this? May have posted it before, but I sincerely doubt JO is nicking any of Jack's recipes! View attachment 1282998
another thing I can't stand about jack's recipes is that they are so patronising! Explaining every single step like the reader is a 5 year old. which is funny because every 5 year old on earth probably has a more sophisticated palate than jack

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Absolutely hooting that Jack believes she's in an 'industry' Whatsapp group.

Food writers are openly laughing about her on Twitter (see Trifle Defender's tweets and replies when they hint at Jack), I can only imagine the owl champagning on the night Jack put up the Georgian Church Suppers Cookbook in their own Whatsapp group (please, I hope they have one).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
another thing I can't stand about jack's recipes is that they are so patronising! Explaining every single step like the reader is a 5 year old. which is funny because every 5 year old on earth probably has a more sophisticated palate than jack
Particularly as they usually explain every step in detail but inexplicably leave out what to do with , or exact measurements of one ingredient where you just have to guess

Reactions: 24
Thank you both - was honestly not sure if it was ok to do or not.
I think the problem with stuffing a bird ooh err! Comes from people who aren’t used to doing a big roast suddenly buying a massive turkey that would feed 20 people and not defrosting/cooking it properly which the stuffing could impact the core temperature getting high enough too.

Reactions: 21
I don't think there's any chance of her owning property, now or in the future, unless it's gifted to her. She's far too tit with money and just pisses it away as soon as she has it, on her high end goods. She can't budget for tit. If she had a house it'd end up wrecked in no time as she wouldn't keep up with the costs of maintaining it. She'd fill it with Cotswolds while the walls fall down around them 🙄
She knows she's due to inherit property, she doesn't give a toss about saving for a mortgage. It would be bad for her "brand" to buy, unless it was the type of starter home most first time buyers are happy to settle for. Obviously that wouldn't do for her Maj.

Reactions: 43
Particularly as they usually explain every step in detail but inexplicably leave out what to do with , or exact measurements of one ingredient where you just have to guess
it's almost like she's...terrible at her job. I also like how she even manages to emanate incredibly bad vibes in such a short recipe, moodily telling her readers to 'just get on with it'

Reactions: 43
Been watching James Martin where he not only used about a pound of butter in one sauce, but went back to the French restaurant where he worked for a year and only saw the wall in front of his bench. (James Martin can be a cock, but like That Man he can cook, went to catering college and worked really hard).

Reactions: 41
And as for the constant use of LITERALLY before the word STARVING, even my 10 year old knows that’s an unnecessary weasel world.

I also wouldn’t wipe my arse on her “doctorates”

Reactions: 37
I think i need a Jackanory timeline...was she literally starving from poverty before, after or during her ?10yr? 'battle with ED? I am getting confused.
. This whole faux starvation thing is really annoying me.

Reactions: 35
Jamie copies Jack? Well to quote Sir Matt of the Fore Arms - 'that's a Jamie Oliver recipe isn't it Jack?' 😂

And amazing isn't how simple things could've stopped the things she moans on about the most - 2 years literally starving, her son cold and hungry because, as she said herself, she was 'embarrassed' to ask her loving supportive parents, who lived round the corner, for help.
Now she says she turns down 97% of TV offers due to shyness. Well if I was as anxious and bitter to get a forever home as she is, I would get over my shyness fairly quickly to utilise one of the most lucrative money sources out there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.