Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emmapism

VIP Member
Nah this isn't the one. My aunt has had a severe ED for years to the point she looks like skeletor in person. She is literally starving. My Mum has an alcohol addiction and reduces her food intake so she doesn't gain too much weight. Her legs are like pencils.

As someone who is accustomed to looking at family members who are quite literally starving....you can fuck right off Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 93

Clarends

Chatty Member
Jack once wrote a piece on starving on benefits for the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/sep/18/jack-monroe-starve-benefits-england

It raises one important question...just how many people have told Jack Monroe she should have kept her legs shut? Why is it always exactly the same phrase? Did Michael Portillo, her brother, and this random nasty Southender all get together to share notes?

View attachment 1284151
This is racist and sexist. Sue me Jack. I have a black child and a white child. I have never heard anyone say I should have kept my legs shut. You have some truly awful hangups that you need to deal with.

• Heart
Reactions: 93

Semi_literate_bot

In response to Jack's 'I've paid my taxes' post. Her fans being as delightful as ever to somebody reasonably and politely questioning their leader!

20220522_185318.jpg
20220522_190254.jpg

ETA Jack liked the get in the sea comment 🥴

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 92

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Some sensible advice (which Jack will proceed to ignore) in response to the £19 in bank bullshit.

Screenshot_20220521-201302_Twitter.jpg

And someone else linking to the wiki.

Screenshot_20220521-201409_Twitter.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
The one like is from Jack.

565E094C-22DF-42C0-961F-070972434C00.jpeg

To quote Tiffany Pollard talking about Gemma Collins in CBB: “she’s none of those things, she is nothing of the sort”.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
She’s back she’s back
Nasty Jack’s back
She’d rather fight on Twitter than get herself into the sack

And not long ago she tweeted her scale of what she gets people to pay her. Does she *literally* forget a tweet after posting it? Fanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 89

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
I'm not going to say much on this, as I don't know enough but I think some of the cases she insensitively invokes are actually failures in care which led to the deaths.
I think that is the case. That Jack uses these tragedies for her own clout is truly disturbing.
A family friend died under lack of care circumstances. He had health issues that were fobbed off. He'd been put on benefit sanctions, and died of pneumonia at 42. He left behind three kids.
I hate she exploits people like him. They're not real to her. They're just there so she can try and shock people into shutting up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89

ednaturnblad

She doesn’t understand us or our lives, she views us through a middle class prism. She is a caricature of a working class woman with all the toughness, all the joy and all the camaraderie sucked out.
Jack lives in a large house in an expensive area, has a decent passive income (Patreon), and can apparently pick and choose when she works (if you believe her 'turning down' TV offers is true).

However, she RENTS, eats Smartprice food, and gets angry sometimes, so she must be working class.

Her world view is based on stereotypes.

• Heart
Reactions: 88

Yel

Chatty Member
Back over a decade ago when she actually worked for a bit, didn't everyone have this in their email signature?

signature-1.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86