Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously if the kids were in fact Jack's, that would have made her a "slut" 🙄
"walking down the street with a black baby" - she's always been so disgusting, hasn't she?
I felt so much rage when she said that. I mean, how bleeping racist is that to imply that just because one of the foster children were black, then that would have somehow made her ‘a slut’? Would she still have been considered a slut if the baby had been white? That tells me more about what she thinks than anything else and it isn’t bloody pretty.

ETA Am on a grunk, so soz if this is totally random at this juncture. 😊

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Need a morning rant before I go about my day…
50B24172-4675-4148-9935-C3AB1CB787C8.jpeg

I have none of these either. Because I’m looking after my two disabled kids. You know what else I don’t have - weekends away in Venice, celebrity friends or people blowing smoke up my arse for everything I do. I do however have some humility to realise that yeh at times it’s a bit tit but in the whole I’m very privileged - something you might like to try!

On top of this i have a family member who has lost an awful lot of weight due to a medical condition and the huge waiting lists and I would love them to look as well as you do in your literally starving pic. Unfortunately they are pale, gaunt and incredibly thin.

do us all a favour and just give it a rest

• Heart
Reactions: 110
Been thinking more about her autism and recipe collection (especially peach and chick pea) Food is a massive sensory onslaught, both in preparation and consuming. Texture, taste, flavour, smell, appearance can be an issue, it therefore seems surprising that her recipes are so, shall we say, adventurous. I'm aware that not every person with autism /autistic person has food issues, but she has certainly bucked the trend there.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Need a morning rant before I go about my day…
View attachment 1284846
I have none of these either. Because I’m looking after my two disabled kids. You know what else I don’t have - weekends away in Venice, celebrity friends or people blowing smoke up my arse for everything I do. I do however have some humility to realise that yeh at times it’s a bit tit but in the whole I’m very privileged - something you might like to try!

On top of this i have a family member who has lost an awful lot of weight due to a medical condition and the huge waiting lists and I would love them to look as well as you do in your literally starving pic. Unfortunately they are pale, gaunt and incredibly thin.

do us all a favour and just give it a rest
Honestly, it blows my tiny mind that she can’t see how privileged she is?!

Like, it’s actually disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
My brother in law does the I get no sick pay, holiday pay tit too. Whilst earning loads. He’s looked at jobs working for others but won’t do it because it doesn’t pay enough.
Freelance pay is calculated to include those things (including tax) it’s your job to manage that.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
View attachment 1284379

ooof… this started on a pleasant note and then turned very dark.

Who is “your lot”?
Just try a dose of positivity for once Jacque

Also, this is going to sound wanky… but surely the more you appear on TV you increase your profile and build your brand.This will then lead to more “paid” gigs, increased sales of books, perhaps paid sponsorship deals?
I'm sure this has already been said but surely if she's a passionate campaigner who wins awards then she would jump at the chance to do it, paid or not, especially if her outgoings can be covered by her income?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Here you go Jack. It must suck being you and needing to constantly cover up all your deception.
You can’t buy a clear conscience at John Lewis. Toot toot.
On a grunk but lying by omission is one of the favourite tools of the Narc, as they love to gaslight by saying “I forgot to mention it” “You never asked that very specific question that was needed for me to mention that, and you had no way of knowing what that very specific question was” and so on and so forth

Reactions: 38
Well that's going to be awkward, squig, given that it's Jack's Good Friend™️ Martin Lewis who is behind it.

View attachment 1284815
Haha yeah, please eviscerate this Jack, and then we can point out that the money saving tips are basically the same boring shite you posted in a recent article about checking your broadband, cancelling subscriptions etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Christ, her fans are loathsome. Truly unhinged.

It’s a cult of personality and seeing them flock to her to report the latest examples of ‘wrong thinking’ in an attempt to instigate a pile on is sickmaking.

She ought to be ashamed of herself presiding over such a mob.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I remember the last time the BBC built up someone as untouchable due to charity work.
I feel like cancelling my licence fee

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Ooh Jack gets a mention in this Mirror article today.

I love how one paragraph mentions her meticulous maths, yet the very next one complains that the meal costs more than 30p per portion and still has ingredients missing. And then the reporter calls it ‘lentil mush’. Better than slop I guess. So much accidental shade in that article.

Favourite quote:The food does not always look appetising.

• Haha
Reactions: 72
Ooh Jack gets a mention in this Mirror article today.

I love how one paragraph mentions her meticulous maths, yet the very next one complains that the meal costs more than 30p per portion and still has ingredients missing. And then the reporter calls it ‘lentil mush’. Better than slop I guess. So much accidental shade in that article.

Favourite quote:The food does not always look appetising.
"Enjoy is too strong a word for something that looks like red wallpaper paste."

It's a good article, underlining the stupidity of argueing whether or not you can make 30 p meals when you are not batch cooking for a soup kitchen.

The cost of living crisis won't be overcome with unrealistic money-saving tips, we need to tax the rich.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Recent years have seen me disenchanted with politicians on a local and national level, watching as a neo-liberalist and utterly capitalist attitude swallows up everything that is public-spirited about our people and public services, and although not accepting it, almost resigning myself to it as our future. When, on election night in May 2010, it became apparent that there was going to have to be a Coalition Government, I sat tight and prayed for a Labour-Liberal Coalition. We all know that that didn’t happen. Bitterly disappointed wasn’t the word, but I had no right to be, because I did not vote. Such was my disillusionment and disenchantment, I did not bother. I thought, why bother? What difference will my one vote make? I know they won’t win, so why bother?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.