Jack Monroe #310 Stay pressed, fools!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Still laughing at her saying she chooses her words with 'laser-focused accuracy' šŸ˜‚ Where's that list of all the times she's used words incorrectly?!
It's on the wiki, and whenever the wiki's posted on twitter it's generally the bit that people say they like the best šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I hope that squigg is ok. They havenā€™t tweeted since so hopefully are just ignoring the tit
Likewise. There are a few supportive comments and there's the decoy squig who lured them in talking about what actual starvation might look like.

Reactions: 24
Jack shouldnā€™t assume sheā€™s going to inherit anything. If people have money or property they have the right to do what they like with it.

Personally I donā€™t see the obsession with owning a home. Yes you have more stability in the respect that you donā€™t need to keep moving around but she has chosen to move multiple times. She was also offered the opportunity of shared ownership when she was working for the fire brigade and turned it down.

She must know herself she is never going to be in the position of owning a home if she stays in the area sheā€™s currently living in.
She would have to relocate. Plus as has already been said if she canā€™t get a broadband deal she wonā€™t get a mortgage

As to shyness stopping her from working on TV. It didnā€™t stop Dkl. It didnā€™t stop this morning segments or Lorraine.

Sheā€™s the worst kind of person there is. She says she canā€™t work on TV due to shyness but sits on twitter acting the billy big baws.

Sheā€™s the definition of internet gangster.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
TD bottom squig. Top squig regular contributor possible tattler. šŸ™Œ
6CC7C32A-0677-4321-8A3A-C6F9C22DF9B9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
I think she is probably pissed off at how much attention the lovely Miguel Barclay is getting. She wouldnā€™t dare slag him off as he appears to be extremely well liked and professional.

she is probably pissed because Jamie has a tv show and new book coming out in September. And look itā€™s on offer on Amazon. Iā€™ve just bought it #influencedbyjack

View attachment 1282925
Heads to Amazon to purchase ā€¦ā€¦

• Haha
Reactions: 23
They would under the 1975 inheritance act have exactly the same rights as any biological children. ( I only know this because it was the motive behind fudging the time of death in a murder mystery)
Oh oh! Was that a Ruth Rendall? I have definitely just read that book anyway.

Er, sorry about that. Jack is a plank.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Is this how she defines ā€œliving the working class lifestyleā€? Eating peasant food.

What a class warrior.

4B95B17A-0DB4-40F6-8BE4-CD9D32835800.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I have only made it through half of the Tortoise interview. The cringe is strong! šŸ˜‚
I guess I feel a bit weird about the whole class discussion! My dad went to grammar school and then university, but in the 70s when apparently only the top percent of the country went because it was paid through grants. He worked his way up in his industry and was earning about 100K by the time he retired. My mum was a nurse like Jackā€™s mum. We didnā€™t live a flash life by any means though! He saved a lot of money so he can help my brother and I if we need it and doesnā€™t have to worry about money himself. No property portfolio though! Even though I donā€™t like asking for anything. But he worked 12 to 14 hour days and has never been a nurturing parent so money is not everything.
Back on topic! I like Jamie Oliver especially as he annoys Jack! šŸ˜‚ I do think that he needs to read the room though. Is childhood obesity a huge issue when people donā€™t have enough money to heat their homes and eat?
I canā€™t work out if Jack is getting found out or not. The sycophants will defend her no matter what evidence the enlightened have.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Itā€™s a terrible financial strategy to assume youā€™ll inherit. Her parents are what, early 60s? Nowadays they could live another 30 years. That would mean Jack would almost be a pensioner herself before she gets her orangery. And thatā€™s if thereā€™s anything left after care costs and taxes. Or they donā€™t leave a massive duck you in the will and leave it all to her brother/the local cats home.

Of course, thereā€™s always the possibility her dad would help with a house while alive. But I get the sense her family are pretty sick of her tit. And if they were going to do that, it probably would have been when SB was small.
50s! Jack's parents are similar age to me and I fully intend to live for at least 50 years more!!šŸ¤£

Seriously though, wishing Big Dave good health and longevity but you're right about it not being a sensible financial plan. Statistically speaking she'll be well into her 70s before she'd inherit and the empire needs to be split 4 ways.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
You mean the people don't need recipes like this? May have posted it before, but I sincerely doubt JO is nicking any of Jack's recipes! View attachment 1282998
Dry stuffing mix added to this will surely burn in the oven. Not even the liquid from the pear and grated spam (god help us!) will provide sufficient liquid to moisten this, will it? I can only imagine the resulting baked slop will be like the dry food I give my dog. Any fraus willing to take one for the team and try this?!

• Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.