Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was this her "plan" for the 🥺 forever home 🥺all along? Wait for someone of sufficient prominence to say something she could seize upon with the libel angle, amplify it as much as possible so as to maximise the alleged damage to her reputation, then take them to the cleaners? She's that lethal combination of unbearably cocky and spectacularly thick so I can actually imagine her thinking it would work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
At some point Jack will sadly inform her followers that whilst Mark Lewis thinks she has a cast iron case he doesn't have the capacity to take it on just now and no other lawyers will take it on a pro bono basis so the white wing have had a lucky escape. At this the squigs will start the "take our money, Jack" chorus but noble St Jack will say it doesn't feel right to crowdfund such a large sum of money when the Tories are starving the poors etc so she cannot proceed. The flying monkeys will be deployed, Fox and Daubney will sit back going "this is typical of the left, resorting to cheap abuse because they can't debate". And the grift will go on....
Jack will consider her wonky head, her recovery, her shy and retiring OH CRIKEY and (last) her son and sadly decide that she's too exhausted to proceed even though it was a cast iron absolute win

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I’m going to spoiler this again re Tiffin

I believe Tiffin has more than one diagnosed personality disorder and that was referred to in court but I also believe he has quite a specific medical condition that leads to him having to use a wheelchair. In the beginning of the grift photos of him and his family on Turkey surfaced and he wasn’t happy. He was up and walking around and that was commented on . I am very aware that some physical medical conditions fluctuate as well so I am not trying to suggest that he doesn’t need his wheelchair. But he’s a shocking liar and a grifter and a grade A horrible person who has had a fortune from people who can’t afford to give. He is a nasty horrible grifting twit. At one point he was asking people to buy him pot noodles and boxer shorts on his Amazon wish list. He’s also an ex Snp member who changed to labour just at the start of his grift because labour have more supporters on twitter and more supporters equals more dosh. He keeps that he used to be SNP very quiet.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Daubeny is awake now too… she won’t like this!
Sue Gemma as well, Jack!

More seriously, things like cooking classes are great. I'm all for free and accessible opportunities for people to learn new skills. The problem is that I think people like Lee Anderson are overstating the extent of the problem as it relates to foodbanks. Even if every last person in the country had good cooking and budgeting skills we'd still have foodbanks because if your benefits don't turn up as expected, you don't get shifts on your zero hours contract, there is a personal emergency of some sort, you get a bigger than expected bill you need to make cuts somewhere and quite often that ends up being food. The cost of living is outpacing peoples income and no amount of cooking lessons or budgeting advice is going to address that problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Daubeny is awake now too… she won’t like this!
No, Lee Anderson is a bleep¹, and him being sued by Jack would be quite hilarious, actually. I doubt it will happen, though for reasons already discussed.

¹because, spoilered for Off Topic and sensitivity: he previously worked for the Labour party and was involved in smearing the then Lib Dem candidate with allegations of sex abuse which turned out to be absolute bollocks. He then joined the Tories and got elected as an MP. Said ex-Lib Dem, Jason Zadrozny, is now the District Council leader as an independent.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
I wonder if she can answer the question - Jack, when was the last time you physically set foot in a Foodbank? When was the last time you actually did anything that used even a moment of energy to physically help someone in any tangible way? No. I don’t mean tweeting about the Trussel Trust, or creating online jumpers with questionable slogans (the money you received still unaccounted for). I mean, when have you ever spent any energy or any of your own (earned) money, on people in poverty? I’ll wait, pal.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Sue Gemma as well, Jack!

More seriously, things like cooking classes are great. I'm all for free and accessible opportunities for people to learn new skills. The problem is that I think people like Lee Anderson are overstating the extent of the problem as it relates to foodbanks. Even if every last person in the country had good cooking and budgeting skills we'd still have foodbanks because if your benefits don't turn up as expected, you don't get shifts on your zero hours contract, there is a personal emergency of some sort, you get a bigger than expected bill you need to make cuts somewhere and quite often that ends up being food. The cost of living is outpacing peoples income and no amount of cooking lessons or budgeting advice is going to address that problem.
But unfortunately all of this intelligent and worthy debate is now going to be lost because Jack had her feelings hurt.

Perfect opportunity lost in preference of self pity, as usual

Reactions: 37
Was this her "plan" for the 🥺 forever home 🥺all along? Wait for someone of sufficient prominence to say something she could seize upon with the libel angle, amplify it as much as possible so as to maximise the alleged damage to her reputation, then take them to the cleaners? She's that lethal combination of unbearably cocky and spectacularly thick so I can actually imagine her thinking it would work.
I think she’s just a gobshite who is so full of herself she cannot take any kind of criticism and because she won the Hopkins case has got used to threatening people who criticise her with legal action. She needs to bear in mind that she could lose. Like. Back to this point. What has been said about her that isn’t true. She IS a grifter who takes money from people who have less than her. That isn’t libel nor is it slander.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
It seems like some of our hammer and sickle squigs (my personal favourite kinda squig) were previously unaware of Jack's maverick methods of ~altruism~. So it's nice they're finding out now 🥰

Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 11.53.25.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 99
I have a riddle before I head out.

How can one be a best seller if they don't sell books?

Answers on the back of 50 pound notes. Cheers! Have a lovely day!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I'm so late to this chaos! Took a break from the threads, then I just saw on Twitter that 'Jack Monroe' was trending and came here to see wtf is going on. 😂 Going to get some popcorn, will be right back...

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She is basically trying to exterminate anyone who encroaches on her’patch’.
If the poors learn to cook, Jack won’t be their saviour and she won’t sell books or be on TV. Even though she claims that she doesn’t earn any money from her work. A wolf in sheeps clothing.
Seeing her say that she ‘only’ got £24K from the Katie Hopkins case should have showed the squigs Jack’s attitude to money. But they’re fools.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The recipes all sound great too. Instead of bollock sausage curry
I know, I was just thinking that, reading the article. They should pull together a cookbook as a fundraiser- even just a PDF in exchange for a donation type thing. I'd certainly buy a copy, I'd be happy to buy Jack one too as lets face it she really does need cooking and budgeting advice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I agree the fuller convo is for a different time and place but, That's exactly my point, you can't say that racism has a new definition now that somehow magically involves some sort of political or social overtone.

As someone of African heritage I can hand on heart say the most racist interaction I have ever witnessed first hand was between an Indian and a Pakistani. And this happened in the middle of England where the general audience was literally left jaw-dropped.

Race / creed / religion / colour can differ as as much as possible in my eyes but prejudice (aka what racism actually is) will always apply between any subset of such.

My favourite moment from life was and always will be the first time I heard Morgan Freeman (in his role as Aseem in the move Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves) utter the words "Allah loves wondrous variety"

Apologies for taking this slightly off topic. As you were Frau ♥
Sorry to jump in from the past (gawd knows what's going on now!) but I just have to say I ❤ your username 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.