Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Theoretically the judge can order both sides to pay costs, regardless of the outcome. And iirc, in exceptional circumstances, can even make the winner pay costs as well.

I'm not a lawyer though.
All true (I was) and in famous cases the judges award derisory amounts like £1 where the complainant has been shady (like Jack deleting all her tweets, and possibly Caroline Watt's mobile falling into the North Sea) orconsiders the suit to be frivolous. The artist Whistler was awarded one farthing! But all this legal chat is way over Slackie's head - she's laser focussed on winning millions and buying a house. Good luck with that, Jack /s.

Reactions: 48
It's entirely irrelevant information. So why did she say it? Because she had to get across that he is a Jewish lawyer. And why does anybody want to tell somebody that as part of threats to sue? Because there are a couple of thousand years' worth of beliefs, rumours, conspiracies and outright persecution to tap into that makes a Jewish Lawyer a threat in the eyes of those who use it.
The greedy Jewish lawyer is such a horrible antisemitic trope. Of course Jack would use it. And not only is her lawyer Jewish, he’s in ISRAEL, so of course he’s a mega-Jew who’ll sue you for so much money you’ll be living in a rented flat and eating peaches from a tin by the end of the year. Not cool Jack.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
It's entirely irrelevant information. So why did she say it? Because she had to get across that he is a Jewish lawyer. And why does anybody want to tell somebody that as part of threats to sue? Because there are a couple of thousand years' worth of beliefs, rumours, conspiracies and outright persecution to tap into that makes a Jewish Lawyer a threat in the eyes of those who use it.
I disagree, I’m the first to be critical of her intentions but I doubt she’d ever deliberately be anti-Semitic, she’s just so immensely thick that she doesn’t realise the connotations.

I really think she was expecting an immediate response from her lawyer, and the Jewish/Sabbath thing was her unprompted excuse for him not answering her.

Also it’s extremely stupid and indicative of her main-character syndrome that she thought her lawyer would be available at her beck and call, and didn’t even think about the time difference or know that the Sabbath begins at sunset on Friday. I believe that she was self-conscious of this ignorance, so regurgitated the info about Shabbat from these threads as to cover up her embarrassing ignorance and make herself sound clever.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’ve covered his twitter handle but left his name in, he’s well known on twitter and has a massive following. He’s a huge Jack fan. Probably because he’s exactly like her. This is actually comedy gold. He is one of the biggest grifters on Indy Scots twitter. He has had thousands upon thousands. He like Jack was very poor for a couple of months and went viral. He’s had amazon wish lists. He became a ‘journalist’ so people would give him more dosh once the begging for donations dried up. He’s asked for cash for his kid’s Christmas presents and to make up the shortfall when his DLA was temporarily stopped. Someone was going to do an expose on him on twitter a few years ago. Details of how much dosh he’s grifted. But they didn’t do it. I wish they had. Because he’s been on the beg for almost 4 years now and he was also crowdfunding so that he could pay Charlotte Hughes a salary.

Im going to spoiler the next bit
i believe two years ago he was up in court for assaulting his pregnant wife. He plead guilty as far as I’m aware. They split and I believe they reconciled afterwards. I saw something on twitter the other week where someone listed all his nasty sock accounts. Thoroughly unpleasant character who plays victim a lot and is constantly on the beg. He was also selected as a candidate by labour in 2017, he was going to contest Ian Blackfords seat I think but details of a previous court case became public and he was swiftly de selected.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
I’ve covered his twitter handle but he’s well known on twitter and has a massive following. He’s a huge Jack fan. Probably because he’s exactly like her. This is actually comedy gold. He is one of the biggest grifters on Indy Scots twitter. He has had thousands upon thousands. He like Jack was very poor for a couple of months and went viral. He’s had amazon wish lists. He became a ‘journalist’ so people would give him more dosh once the begging for donations dried up. He’s asked for cash for his kid’s Christmas presents and to make up the shortfall when his DLA was temporarily stopped

i believe two years ago he was up in court for assaulting his pregnant wife. He plead guilty as far as I’m aware. They split and I believe they reconciled afterwards. I saw something on twitter the other week where someone listed all his nasty sock accounts. Thoroughly unpleasant character who plays victim a lot and is constantly on the beg. He was also selected as a candidate by labour in 2017, he was going to contest Ian Blackfords seat I think but details of a previous court case became public and he was swiftly de selected.
Can u give a clue?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve covered his twitter handle but he’s well known on twitter and has a massive following. He’s a huge Jack fan. Probably because he’s exactly like her. This is actually comedy gold. He is one of the biggest grifters on Indy Scots twitter. He has had thousands upon thousands. He like Jack was very poor for a couple of months and went viral. He’s had amazon wish lists. He became a ‘journalist’ so people would give him more dosh once the begging for donations dried up. He’s asked for cash for his kid’s Christmas presents and to make up the shortfall when his DLA was temporarily stopped. Someone was going to do an expose on him on twitter a few years ago. Details of how much dosh he’s grifted. But they didn’t do it. I wish they had. Because he’s been on the beg for almost 4 years now and he was also crowdfunding so that he could pay Charlotte Hughes a salary.

He's quite, quite mad. This is is from his terror threats trial.
Prosecutor Roderick Urquhart told Inverness Sheriff Court: “The first of these messages indicated that he was drunk, but the third said, ‘I decided to kill the unbelievables’, followed by a text stating ‘Unbelievers’ and another saying, ‘Allahu Akbar’.”
However, Tiffin was admonished after a police investigation established no links to terror groups. “The conclusion has been that he was an idiot, not a terrorist,” Urquhart said.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Same dear heart, same. 🙏❤
i’m getting Liz Holmes, Anna Delvey, manic pixie dream girl/girl boss vibes, and trust that it all catches up to them in time. also some people are happier not facing the truth about cult leaders like JM and more fool them.

(yes, i might be slightly projecting my own experiences of dealing with a personality like this IRL 🫢)

• Heart
Reactions: 28
He's quite, quite mad. This is is from his terror threats trial.
Prosecutor Roderick Urquhart told Inverness Sheriff Court: “The first of these messages indicated that he was drunk, but the third said, ‘I decided to kill the unbelievables’, followed by a text stating ‘Unbelievers’ and another saying, ‘Allahu Akbar’.”
However, Tiffin was admonished after a police investigation established no links to terror groups. “The conclusion has been that he was an idiot, not a terrorist,” Urquhart said.
He’s a shocking grifter and he’s got worse over the years. He was very poor for a while due to a UC mess up but he milked it for all it was worth then he set himself up as a journalist so that people could donate to his work when the donations from the sob stories dried up.

I remember around two years ago on twitter he was constantly tweeting that he was being targeted by police and if you believed his version police were at his house every day searching it. Constant constant drama. Ker ching!!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Yes but £6 is also a little over half of the cost of feeding 1 adult for a week according to Jack's latest meal plan Pal and these books are aimed at those people.
20220514_113010.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
At some point Jack will sadly inform her followers that whilst Mark Lewis thinks she has a cast iron case he doesn't have the capacity to take it on just now and no other lawyers will take it on a pro bono basis so the white wing have had a lucky escape. At this the squigs will start the "take our money, Jack" chorus but noble St Jack will say it doesn't feel right to crowdfund such a large sum of money when the Tories are starving the poors etc so she cannot proceed. The flying monkeys will be deployed, Fox and Daubney will sit back going "this is typical of the left, resorting to cheap abuse because they can't debate". And the grift will go on....
Don’t you mean: “and no other lawyer will take on a working class, lesbian, tattooed, disabled, transgender, poor, Cypriot, ADHD, alcoholic, leftist, poverty campaigner single parent with an Irish Mammy”

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.