Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to know what her earnings are when you take the Patreon donations away. Whether she actually needs that money from those people to survive or not. I would love to see the truth about her income be laid bare in court.

The issue is as well. There are other people who do what she does and they do it much better as well. Miguel for example. All of this noise is to cover up that she’s essentially tit at her job.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I still can't get my head around that analogy. Butterflies and alligators?? 🦋🐊
I’ve got an analogy for OH:
“If you are going to dance with a bear, you’d better have a plan for when the music stops”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Just reading that article and uh oh, the foodbank course seems to be directly contradicting Jack's claims re. tinned food.

Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 12.06.03.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I’ve got an analogy for OH:
“If you are going to dance with a bear, you’d better have a plan for when the music stops”
...and if that plan is copulating with a butterfly on a rotten corkboard best run a tap for the alligators bath.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sue Gemma as well, Jack!

More seriously, things like cooking classes are great. I'm all for free and accessible opportunities for people to learn new skills. The problem is that I think people like Lee Anderson are overstating the extent of the problem as it relates to foodbanks. Even if every last person in the country had good cooking and budgeting skills we'd still have foodbanks because if your benefits don't turn up as expected, you don't get shifts on your zero hours contract, there is a personal emergency of some sort, you get a bigger than expected bill you need to make cuts somewhere and quite often that ends up being food. The cost of living is outpacing peoples income and no amount of cooking lessons or budgeting advice is going to address that problem.
All of this plus being a perfect chance to shout about having cooking and budgeting lessons at school level. I would much rather my kid had been doing those all this week than the sats theyve been doing. Why can’t anyone have a conversation anymore and listen and work through issues to find solutions because for all this noise and bluster they’re all kind of saying the same thing

• Heart
Reactions: 38
No, Lee Anderson is a bleep¹, and him being sued by Jack would be quite hilarious, actually. I doubt it will happen, though for reasons already discussed.

¹because, spoilered for Off Topic and sensitivity: he previously worked for the Labour party and was involved in smearing the then Lib Dem candidate with allegations of sex abuse which turned out to be absolute bollocks. He then joined the Tories and got elected as an MP. Said ex-Lib Dem, Jason Zadrozny, is now the District Council leader as an independent.
Yeah I used to know Jason Zadrozny fairly well and it devastated him. He was treated like absolute tit by the Lib Dems as well tbf.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Why am I not surprised that Natasha Devon thinks jack's post is good, if anyone listens this eve let us know if she's on her show

Screenshot 2022-05-14 12.03.13.png

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Maths isn't my strong point but 30k purchased 6-7k books. Pretty sure I've seen a screenshot which showed nearly 15k more final total which would roughly buy a further 3.5k books....how does this add up to the sum total of 20k books given away? Has she done other fundraisers? The only other one I can see is the coronavirus fundraiser she did for TT but no mention of books, just a pure donation to them.
Screenshot_20220514-120521_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 30
The lovely man I rehomed my dog to has just posted this (he's an actual Red)View attachment 1265822
Is she not going then? The biggest and bestest Liverpool supporter that the world has ever seen? 🙄

Where’s her proud to be a red YNWA patter today?

All I can say is that is one massive bullet that Louisa dodged. Can you imagine being married to that drama queen?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Was this her "plan" for the 🥺 forever home 🥺all along? Wait for someone of sufficient prominence to say something she could seize upon with the libel angle, amplify it as much as possible so as to maximise the alleged damage to her reputation, then take them to the cleaners? She's that lethal combination of unbearably cocky and spectacularly thick so I can actually imagine her thinking it would work.
Yes, she's been desperate for a big pay day and the chance to ruin someone's life for ages and I do actually think seeing someone lose money is as big a buzz for her as getting her winnings.

• Heart
I can’t cope with all the paradoxes. Shroedingers Jack!
I domy understand either why she wants people to believe she doesn’t earn any money, yet constantly talks about books and tv appearances. Surely everyone wants to be successful at work and there’s no shame in knowing your worth and being paid accordingly.
I can’t bear the martyrdom of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Maths isn't my strong point but 30k purchased 6-7k books. Pretty sure I've seen a screenshot which showed nearly 15k more final total which would roughly buy a further 3.5k books....how does this add up to the sum total of 20k books given away? Has she done other fundraisers? The only other one I can see is the coronavirus fundraiser she did for TT but no mention of books, just a pure donation to them.
View attachment 1265835
I know I go on about this but it's so disgusting that over £30k was raised and the cash went to Jack rather than the foodbanks, who received her terrible book instead.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Yes, she's been desperate for a big pay day and the chance to ruin someone elses life for ages and I do actually think seeing someone lose money is as big a buzz for her as getting her winnings.
I can’t stand Hopkins but Monroe seems way too gleeful about the fact that she sent her into bankruptcy and that she lost her home because of that legal action .

Monroe also in my view milked the depression she said she had as a result of taking the action on and that was one of the many excuses she made as to why the kickstarter book was so late. Poor me. Bad mentals. It’s just one cycle of self pity after another.

• Heart
Was this her "plan" for the 🥺 forever home 🥺all along? Wait for someone of sufficient prominence to say something she could seize upon with the libel angle, amplify it as much as possible so as to maximise the alleged damage to her reputation, then take them to the cleaners? She's that lethal combination of unbearably cocky and spectacularly thick so I can actually imagine her thinking it would work.
For sure. She was probably buzzing, switching tabs between Twitter, Rightmove, and the Wikipedia entry on libel. One video view = £1 to Jack right?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.