Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for this - v interesting. We have the tweets print screens here that directly contradict a lot of these points around proving loss & it’s not just a pay out for hurt feelings. Reassuringly the screenshots are enough for Alice Evans’ court case so hopefully that works.

The tweet ID of the deleted tweet soliciting PayPal donations for her case is/was 1525181671351496704. The canal has everything scraped so let us know if you need it huns 🤷🏻‍♀️

What’s the saying all pigs rolling around in swill? They all deserve each other. The idea Jack could be made a millionaire out of this is laughable. She’s absolutely obsessed with other people’s money, why not go and earn some of your own hun?!
I wonder is there a useful specific way to present the teemill stuff in order on the wiki to show her various claims and lack of follow through

Reactions: 28
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Slap my thigh and call me Arthur, THIS IS THE ANEURISM!!!!!!

I wish I’d done a speed reading course, I can’t catch up quick enough!

1268B7D2-BBEF-42E2-9C0F-4F0F18AFFA71.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 62
When did Jack claim the KH winnings was going to go to refugees? I'd only read she spent it on a new sofa (a silly purchase in my mind for someone saving for a forever home - get one for £300 from IKEA fgs)

Reactions: 30
Yas Hotes! And as much as Jack dislikes us, some of us refer to Jack as “she”, and some use “they“.*

For any newcomers, please check out the wiki, pink button at the top of the page, it really is so well done.

*ETA I can only speak for myself, but I respect Jack’s pronouns because there’s some lines I won’t cross.
Even though she might not take it seriously (speculation your honour), a lot of us, and probably some lurkers do, so it’s out of respect to them too.
Grunking so no clue where this will land, my brother is trans, has been for years, very clear on what he wants to be called. Jack continually changes what she/they wants to be called and has both on her profile so I use she being as it’s on there and cos I’m lazy and it’s easier

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The Reclaim Party posted that video didn’t they? They have just under 65,000 followers. So, in other words, Jack has boosted the views via her significantly larger following.
And she thinks this will look good in court?
Yes, she really is that stupid.
p.s. not that I think she has a case. Even if the statement is untrue (which I don’t think it is), it has to cause “serious harm” (to reputation) for it to be defamation. You can see there was an argument in the Hopkins case - but the facts were very different. And if Jack wants to claim it did serious harm because so many people saw it (because she encouraged them to) - then she’s even more stupid than I thought (and I already thought she was very very stupid indeed).
p.p.s. Also, what was she thinking claiming “her” lawyer would act pro bono if she’d not even checked this with him? Who knows if he’d even take her on? He’s not the same man he was when acted for her in the Hopkins case - he was sacked from the firm he worked for back then, and also had to face disciplinary proceedings before the legal regulator for sending abusive tweets. She’s really jumped the gun with the begging bowl too - surely she’s got enough in the Patreon pot to pay for a session with a lawyer?

I do think that, due to a combination of her out-of-control ego and anger issues, she has massively fucked up this time. Massively. Not only that but she has made things considerably worse for herself by doubling down. And she’s too thick to realise it.
I do even wonder if Jack is even aware about all the problems her legal rep has had with regards leaving the firm and their own abusive tweets as surely the judge will be raising an eyebrow at the least if it got to court considering it seems like the majority have at least had knuckles wrapped in the past regarding tweets...

Reactions: 32
What baffles me most about this is there are a few tweets, for example under the lozza one about accounts who simply won’t believe the evidence about the tax. People show them companies house and Jack’s own deleted tweet about non payment and they still claim he is committing libel. They don’t believe the evidence in front of their eyes.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
So I finally watched. Does Jack know they would pull her financials to bits in court?
This seems a very dangerous game to be playing.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
A0DA4725-686A-43E9-B07B-D94424A4916E.jpeg

Coming out of grunking lurkerdom to say I can’t stop laughing at this comment….

and I’m also sorry for not liking all of your insightful comments as I’ve read along, I know how important those dopamine hits are…😜

• Haha
Reactions: 62
The problem is, that so many people quite rightly hate Fox et al, and they’ll automatically be on her side. So even though they’ve never heard of her she’ll get loads more followers and fans and they won’t be forensic about her.

Yeah. If the Jack Monroe threads (or basically, her whole nonsense) have thought me anything, it is to beware of knee jerkingly giving support to people/dismissing them based on the tweets of others combined with my own biases. (Sorry, this sounds quite obvious of course).

If there wil be a case/cases, they won't be nearly as entertaining as the current Vardy/Rooney theatre (I am saying this as a foreign frau who could not even point either of them out from a picture before their case). At least that's moslty just sillly and i am not invested in either person. A Monroe-Fox case would just be terrible because I dislike them both so so much, and people I respect will be talking way too much about #teamjack, so it will be hard to avoid.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I wonder if “behind the scenes” Jack was forced to remove the Prince Andrew comparison and then she saw this video and thought payback!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
When did Jack claim the KH winnings was going to go to refugees? I'd only read she spent it on a new sofa (a silly purchase in my mind for someone saving for a forever home - get one for £300 from IKEA fgs)
Definitely on Twitter back in the day, when I came to the threads I was under the impression that was the case. She’d done the old Amber Heard bait and switch with that - she’s now proudly admitting it 🥺bought her first sofa🥺 whilst failing to mention the other 20k+ she must have spent on tit.

It’s tragic cos that was essentially a 5% deposit on a £500k property, which as a FTB she’d have been eligible for! She’d only have needed a few more grand for stamp duty (FTB only pay SD on anything over £300k I think?) and legal fees etc. A career full of windfall payments has been truly wasted on this dumb dumb.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
This is what I mean, sorry I'm exhausted 😂 Jack in theory could use this to show defamation has worked even though its all sweet little lies View attachment 1265110
Jack has six products, does she not? If you have the lot, them you're done. Jack's not losing income on any of the 72 new books, because they don't exist. The Vimes Boot Imagination project wasn't going to generate income.

This is all so, so funny. I love it

I call Matthew Wright..."Matthew Shite"...😀 Tee hee!!!
You crazy dinosaur, you x

• Haha
Reactions: 46
The thing I worry about is this is all well and good if and I mean IF she has a case. If not and he counter sues or even if he just counter sues on whatever basis and wins she is literally fucked! If she has very little assets as it is( I don't believe this to be the case) does she want to risk losing it?!

Again it makes me feel sad as she doesn't seem to consider her son at all, the last time she did this he was small and unaware, he's older now and just came through watching his mum fall apart and get very ill. She recently came back to him and now she's playing a dangerous game. If it goes wrong will it result in her getting very ill again. We he have to deal with her falling apart again.

In my opinion she had more to lose than her twitter rep and a bit of money.

Pet if I was you I would detract and move on.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Thankyou x @Brian Butterfield for the thread title. There were quite a few in the madness towards the tail end of the thread so apologies if this isn't the democratically chosen one.

Wiki is the pink button up top. Thread title suggestions in the latter half of the thread only please. Use the words 'thread title' in your nomination and NO SWEARING.

🚨 PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE CURRENTLY CHAOSING 🚨

She has accused Lee Anderson of libel (or slander, all legal terms are interchangeable) when he stated on GB News that she was 'taking money off some of the most vulnerable in society'. Now she is counting the views on the video and talking to her pro bono (or no win no fee - again, all interchangeable) lawyer in Israel to take them to court. Laurence Fox has got involved and even sent her a fiver after she announced people could contribute to her legal fees (for a court case that her lawyer hasn't even agreed to take yet) via Paypal. She is also already planning how to spend the winnings from her court case that hasn't been taken by a lawyer, let alone made it to court and won. The canal are thrilled as we planned our court outfits two years ago and we may finally get a chance to wear them.

If you are looking for the start of the chaos, it's this post in the last thread.
Thanks for the new thread TS! I can’t believe I was out last night, wow

Reading your recap made me think of The House That Jack Built (lol)

This is the house that Jack built
This is the post that made the MP go on telly and suggest she’s un-poor and unsavoury
This is the programme that interviewed the MP on telly where over 250,000 people saw him say she’s un-poor and unsavoury
This is the post where Jack claimed libel and said she’d sue the MP and the man from the telly, so she could make a house that Jack built
This is the Jack who had sent out legal letters, from a Solicitor who’s dodging her, but asked for cash on the off-chance she can sue the MP who said she was rich and unsavoury
This is the cockwomble who supports the MP who said she was un-poor and unsavoury, who gave money to her fund to sue the MP and the man from the telly so she could make a house that Jack built
This is the canal, who have known for a long time that Jack takes money from the vulnerable and doesn’t pay her taxes and lies and grifts and who have been WAITING PATIENTLY FOR COURT FOR TWO WHOLE YEARS
There is no house that Jack built

I’m wondering how many pages there is before Jack breadcrumbs a breakdown or relapse.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
It is so fascinating, the web she wove. I do hope this twitter spat /speculation about court cases sheds a light on her weird bussines model.

How a person who clearly wants to be rich (or at least have money to spaff on fancy nonsense) needs their image as a 'ex-poor person who gives everything away to those who need more' to make that money.

I have supported people with court cases before and it was always 100% transparant though a funding website. When they won, you could indicate if you wanted your money back, or have it go to a charity.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.