Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely on Twitter back in the day, when I came to the threads I was under the impression that was the case. She’d done the old Amber Heard bait and switch with that - she’s now proudly admitting it 🥺bought her first sofa🥺 whilst failing to mention the other 20k+ she must have spent on tit.

It’s tragic cos that was essentially a 5% deposit on a £500k property, which as a FTB she’d have been eligible for! She’d only have needed a few more grand for stamp duty (FTB only pay SD on anything over £300k I think?) and legal fees etc. A career full of windfall payments has been truly wasted on this dumb dumb.
I truly think she doesn’t actually want a 🥺forever home 🥺 Being a renter is too central to her “working class” grift. Bonus that she can splurge all her money on £3000 fridges and Tiffany earrings without worrying about saving.

She’s so stupid and snobby that she doesn’t realise that some rich people choose to rent.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
When did Jack claim the KH winnings was going to go to refugees? I'd only read she spent it on a new sofa (a silly purchase in my mind for someone saving for a forever home - get one for £300 from IKEA fgs)
I think this is why people on Twitter still think the money went to refugee charities - Jack offered to drop the case if Kopkins donated £5000, Hatie refused (& yes, completely sympathise with the Frauen commenting above about the outstanding ghastliness of Jack's opponents THEN and NOW meaning that casual observers will tend to take Jack's side):
Source

Screenshot_20220514-083227_kindlephoto-103957795.png

Reactions: 25
Waaaay behind sorry, but summoned here by the Twitter chaos!

Any legal ninnies can you advise - if this goes to court is there any chance it could backfire by her having to publish her income to prove the tweets are libel? If so would that become public record?

I know if that's the case she probably wouldn't go ahead, but I think it would be justice if the squiggles were to finally see how much she's been raking in whilst begging for their cash.

Her lawyer probably put his phone on "do not disturb" straight after he saw those tweets. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Find myself thinking today she might come out of this smelling of roses, with even more of a Patreon following. Hope I’m wrong and events prove that later, but little bit worried at mo that she’s gonna do ok with this Chaos. 🤦🏽‍♀️
There's going to be a drip drip when people realise they've handed over their cash and nothing will happen.

People were drunk off some imaginary fight with the baddies where kween Jack slayyyys them all 🤪

I'm sure Jack will do a "just donated it all to X" but so many will slowly wake up to how shady this all is.

She's not going to do well from this long term once the hysteria dies down and people feel duped.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Thanks for the info guys, I am not big on defamation law. I was more concerned about damages. If he sues her for damages surely she would have to pay those and looking at the Depp/ heard case the money they are suing for makes my eyes water.

Also the HMRC are scary biccies. I was talking to them yesterday about all above board stuff but even still I was like god nothing gets passed you guys!

Reactions: 40
It’s no win no fee so even if she lost, she doesn’t have to pay out.

But re her lack of assets - it works in her favour. She doesn’t need to be scared of behaving like a beast or threatening people cos even if someone came to her, what are they gonna take? Some radios and a filthy sentient mirror?

She’s undoubtedly earnt a reasonable salary for the past decade and has the hyuuuge privilege of some of it coming in the form of windfall type sums that most people would have spent on a house or put straight into investments/savings, but she’s not actually built anything for herself. Just watching her tragic life it’s clear she has needlessly high fixed outgoings and very high discretionary spending, she’s not in the saving mindset and considering the vast discrepancy between her son’s lifestyle and hers she’s certainly not in the mindset to consider making any provisions for his future either. It’s why she doesn’t care about the tax thing too, so what if she gets made bankrupt by it? The Patreon paydays will keep rolling so she can continue renting in affluent Thorpe Bay & swanning around Soho and that’s all that matters 🤷🏻‍♀️
Its really angering that she complains about being a freelancer on an irregular income, as though that makes her financially struggling.

When in reality, as you said it’s actually a massive benefit to get big lump sums.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I do believe some people truly support Jack as a person. However, from reading comments most just see her as a conduit for their ire towards the right wing and couldn't give 2 hoots about her. Could get nasty if the worm turns.

Reactions: 38
He may be a tosser but I am impressed he didn't back down when she threw her usual libel threat at him. It showed me that not everyone is afraid of her. She's a rent a gob who is happy to give it out but absolutely loses it when questioned.

Perhaps if she was transparent about her earnings and her shannigans, there would be nothing to question. She's constantly skirting around the subject and playing silly games it makes her look like she's up to no good.honesty is the best policy.

If she updated her accounts and left it there, then no one would question her income or take it from unsavoury sources. Just sayin.

Reactions: 42
How do people think Jack Monroe has some kind of superpower to win libel court-cases? She's an idiot for cultivating that status as well (or perhaps she is not....people already throwing her money for just the idea of taking on the reclaim hemroids)

Years ago I can remember she was somewhat more humble about it, or at least acting more humble. Now she revels in blue tickers and squigs suggesting she will triumph over any one in court.
Jack gave a lot of interviews after the Kopkins verdict about how sad it all was, really quite the contrast to the gleefully spiteful bring it on tweets
This quite hard to read, it reminded me of why I used to be a fan of Jack's:
Plus:
Screenshot_20220514-084936_kindlephoto-105056747.png
Screenshot_20220514-084936_kindlephoto-105083618.png

Reactions: 30
He may be a tosser but I am impressed he didn't back down when she threw her usual libel threat at him. It showed me that not everyone is afraid of her. She's a rent a gob who is happy to give it out but absolutely loses it when questioned.

Perhaps if she was transparent about her earnings and her shannigans, there would be nothing to question. She's constantly skirting around the subject and playing silly games it makes her look like she's up to no good.honesty is the best policy.

If she updated her accounts and left it there, then no one would question her income or take it from unsavoury sources. Just sayin.
But the reason she’s probably not updating her accounts because she’s scared they will expose her high earnings.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Jack gave a lot of interviews after the Kopkins verdict about how sad it all was, really quite the contrast to the gleefully spiteful bring it on tweets
Plus:
View attachment 1265514View attachment 1265515
How did their mother selling their home not damage them exactly? Like hell any of that money went to charity. Jack considers Jack to be a charity. Where did the rest of the teemill money go Jack? Did it ever even exist?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Her problem is she’s too up her own backside to get a salaried job so this is where she’s stuck.
Jack is unemployable. All she can hope for is enough capital to open a pop up slop shop: opening hours variable, menu mouldy, obviously

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
reminded me of why I used to be a fan of Jack's
It was all lies then. As if she read it line by line to make sure Hopkins children didn't suffer. Jack was gleeful that they had to sell their house but acts as if her own child has PTSD from moving (often due to her own choices) that an accidental estate agent board will be a huge trigger.

Hopkins and Monroe are two cheeks of the same arse. The one big difference is Hokpins does not hide who she is

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Screenshot 2022-05-14 09.03.27.png

Do you know, my old mum is always saying "that Jack Monroe and Katie Hopkins are like a hideously decaying pair of copulating butterflies joined together on a rotten corkboard in a moment in time".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 107
Plus:
View attachment 1265514View attachment 1265515
Is the part about things agreement to ensure that KH kids won’t suffer even possibly true?

At the end of the day the most suffering they could have faced is their mother’s bankruptcy, losing their family home, and further tarnishing KH’s already bad reputation. All three of these things did occur.

The “I read it line by line” paragraph implies that she had some kind of control over the outcome. It’s just grandiosity, and virtue signalling in the most literal sense. She must have been worried about the concerns about KH’s children as a result of this trial, and was defending against potential criticism.

Reactions: 50
It's not going anywhere.

If it goes to court I will make and eat her pear chocolate cake. I'm that confident.

View media item 1282
Literally betting your life on it, look at the absolute state of that cake 😭 I can't see any lawyer with brain cells to rub together advising her to go through with this sadly ☹

Screenshot_20220514-090412_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

This one gave me a laugh, did Jack get them from the same puddle as the tech support team that worked round the clock teleporting her website back to 2018?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Lots of support on twitter for her this morning.
I don't know if it's real support for jack or just anti Fox / Tory MP etc.

I'm no supporter of Fox or Tory MPs in general so I'll just class myself as a mildly entertainment watcher of lolsuits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.