Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m only on page 35 of the last thread so I’m going back to do a grunk (thanks data! Any Star Trek fraus?) but my god she really has got her knickers in a twist hasn’t she? She’s clearly drunk rattled. Rattle rattle. I tried to tell my Old Harold about her but they think she’s on “the right side”. Also I keep making far too many references to the canal so I expect to be sued asap. Can someone explain why Mr Israel is in Israel? I must have missed that bit many threads ago with all my hooting and fizzing (and coming on tattle after a few cheap ciders).
He was sacked from his firm for sending abusive tweets, then went before the Solicitors’ Disciplinary Tribunal where he narrowly avoided being struck off.
I looked this up a while back - hope the link works:

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It honestly makes me a bit sad. Remember in her Diva article, it really seemed like she’d turned a corner. She spoke about how she wasn’t on social media as much, and that was a good thing.
Her priorities seemed to be her loved ones, her sobriety, even her new part time job and her studies.

I don’t know how to word this in a respectful way, but it seems like she was ripped off by that treatment. Or, speculation, some might think she didn’t take it seriously enough.
That DIVA article was just Jack cosplaying again. As a sober thoughtful University student. Studying for her nutrition degree. She was lying. She is a compulsive liar. This has been documented here over and over again. Lying on the scale she does is actually pitiful and sad, but dragging vulnerable people in to fund her deception is so very wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
That DIVA article was just Jack cosplaying again. As a sober thoughtful University student. Studying for her nutrition degree. She was lying. She is a compulsive liar. This has been documented here over and over again. Lying on the scale she does is actually pitiful and sad, but dragging vulnerable people in to fund her deception is so very wrong.
You’re so right JB. At the time I think a few of us got sucked into the lie, especially because she made a few references that were clearly aimed at us and this site.

I‘ll admit I fell for it at the time, but looking back, and considering what you say, of course it was just more lies.

Hers’s the post with the full article screenshotted by lovel @EddieBeds in case anyone’s not seen it -

Edited to add, I’m sure there was a post here which broke down man inconsistencies from that article.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
p.s. not that I think she has a case. Even if the statement is untrue (which I don’t think it is), it has to cause “serious harm” (to reputation) for it to be defamation.
Whilst I agree that it is a bit of a stretch to claim that someone saying you are rich damages your reputation for being poor: rather like the leper, in Life of Brian, complaining that Brian curing his leprosy has damaged his ability to beg.

Her whole claim is of doubtful merit, not least because her reputation is in large part built on fighting the 'white wingers'... something this case clearly does (and it might well be argued she provoked (to boost her reputation) with her "white, privileged, male" comments). Being offended by the offending comments from the offending parties also bolsters, rather than, diminishes her reputation (it's not hard to find people praising and defending her for her valiant works of selfless devotion - see Christopher Hitchen's documentary on Mother Theresa) (And, she's neither the first of the only person to make recipes for budget food, and none of them received the kind of adulation she does).

The problem is that the second test is damage to financial and/or commercial arrangements.

And it might be the case that she has some sort of financial or commercial arrangement with the food banks distributing her recipes (and indeed those not distributing her recipes), or for promoting their services, or for boosting their public profile, etc, (chuggers don't work for free) and these comments may make those organisations less likely to renew that arrangement - at which point she does have a claim for damages.

And this case gets interesting, especially in light of Mr Anderson's full comment, "I'm giving my time & my money to help the people in Ashfield. She's taking money off some of the most vulnerable in society"

Also the bit she doesn't understand is in the Katie Hopkins trial, she was the unknown underdog, and that by the time of that trial a lot of people were sick of Katie Hopkins, and her schtick. And in this case she is in the position of Katie Hopkins.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
LORKS! What a night! I saw there was a tit ton of pages and was very glad I decided to read them all instead of whizzing past to catch up. What an absolute whopper she is, hopefully this will be the grifting idiot’s downfall now. She deserves everything that’s coming to her, the cocky twit thinks she’s infallible (😁) and she ain’t. Feel massively unclean at being on the ‘side’ of Fox et al but needs must on this occasion, we’ve all put too much time and effort into her to worry about that now.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Shall we have a sweepstake on what time Jack will regain consciousness and begin her deleting spree today?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
It’s very lucky for Mr F that I was awake nice and early to catch up on everything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Shall we have a sweepstake on what time Jack will regain consciousness and begin her deleting spree today?
She's normally up about 11.30/12 ish.

Bloody hell though, all the deletions in the world aren't going to make this one go away quietly. She's really messed with the wrong people here.

Reactions: 37
Surely this has to be the chaos that finally gets the attention of Private Eye? And then if she tries to take them on for libel...HerSlop vs Hislop could be the trial of the century!

• Haha
Reactions: 76
Do you think she’ll write a blog about today’s chaos? What do you think she’ll call it? We’ve had potatoes, pasta? I honestly can’t wait for the next essay. As far as I’m concerned she’s finished herself as far as TV is concerned. She might get the odd five minute gig cooking stew but she’s getting more unhinged by the day.

And just think. A few weeks ago she was toot tooting about how great her life was. Her problem is she’s too up her own backside to get a salaried job so this is where she’s stuck. Chaos. Money. Grift. Poor her. She’s the most tedious person on twitter and trust me I’ve crossed paths with a few on there who would give her a run for her money. She’s just a bully who is lucky enough to have half a million twitter followers. She’s also seriously dull.

The fact that she expected her followers to pay for that shows what a spoilt entitled individual she really is. The cheek of that spoilt madam saying she cares about poor people. The only person she cares about is herself. Ridiculously immature as well.
Going with the theme of foods beginning with P she would have to call it Pumble

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Wow. Busy day yesterday so missed the absolute chaos that was her starting legal proceedings against probably some of the least on the internet.

However, before I go back and 😂/😡 on all your posts, two things.

1. How happy must Louisa be right now?

2. Jack was definitely on some kind of (probably narc) high last night and will wake up with that sinking “what the F have I done” regret. I don’t wish that on anyone (whether it comes from crippling anxiety, substances or another reason because it feels awful and you just want to curl into a ball and make the world disappear). However, Jack brought this all on herself and she needs to face up to the consequences of her actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.