Jack Monroe #303 The lingering honk of burning martyr..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if the first one isn’t very clear. It’s “squigception“.

BC9ADFCE-D580-4DDB-A600-26292CE3F8A5.jpeg

9B24F05C-95D5-4CCF-8CE9-22960F0D6977.jpeg

ETA.

4C77FEB4-989C-4C0B-A394-11FAB6E5390A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Oooh Jack is seeking a fight searching mentions again. Just wait till she discovers Lee Anderson’s comments! As much as he’s a Tory and I’m clueless with politics, he’s bang on and SHE DOES take take take from people with less than her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
An excellent analysis.

She definitely wasn't a 'skin and bone, hollow eyed wraith' at any point either. The story just gets more and more dramatic and ridiculous with every retelling. My stories stay exactly the same every time because they're true. Boring, but true, and I feel no need to try and make myself seem more interesting by adding extras.
“And the Dementors were trying to get in through the gaps in the ill-fitting window frames, and the Nazgul were on the roof, and all around the house, and the wretched Prince of Darkness Dracule himself had blotted out the sun and ‘twas an eerie unrelenting darkness outside. Foul succubi emerged from the shadows, and daemons from the pits of Beelzebub himself crawled e’er closer, clawing, clawing at the front door ‘til I feared I should surely succumb to the terror within and the horror without. Then I got a newspaper column and a bag of food from my mother and father and lived happily ever after being pointlessly strident at random people on the internet and enriching myself, but ne’er did I, nay I cannot, forget that benighted time when I was sorely forsaken and forsooketh indeed”

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Watching lovely Ina again, she's cooking with someone and they're all so happy. A one pot meal so full of flavour and colour. I could just eat it as I love a jambalaya, maple pecan rice pudding next

Reactions: 30
One thing that is really annoying is Jack saying "oh, I'll just go and work as <insert occupation>" all the time.

It is possible to attempt any job, but to be good at a job is very hard. We have a wide range of jobs in the canal, yet Jack seems to think any of them would be easier, less stressful, better paid than whatever she does.

It winds me up - I've worked hard over the years to be good at my job, to learn new things to be even better at it. I am constantly trying to improve instead of thinking yeah, completed it mate. I don't know if it's just me this annoys?

Ultimately, I don't think there are many jobs Jack could walk into right now, and probably none that would pay enough to keep up with the lifestyle / rent. She's all but made herself unemployable outside the media / influencer type work.
Nope. I experienced this the most during the height of the Pandemic, everyone was a Microbiology expert and my degree means nuffink cos someone on YouTube said XYZ. Prior to my Access course and Uni, I was qualified for diddly squat other than retail and office junior roles and that’s all I’d ever done.

But I’m not a Narc so I knew I’d have to get some Fancy Book Learnin’ to get a job that I wanted, would be good at and pays decent.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I remember her saying that she had to ask her publishers to pay the advance quickly because her benefits were stopped as soon as it was announced that she had the book deal. She was living in a flat share with 5 other people at that time according to her

duck knows tbh.
I'm sure someone on here worked out that the flat share was when she moved back home, so she was sharing with her parents etc not some random strangers.

Reactions: 19
Bold of you to assume Mr Israel will take you on pro bono again. Last time was a landmark case. This is just tit for tat statements.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
I'm sure someone on here worked out that the flat share was when she moved back home, so she was sharing with her parents etc not some random strangers.
Other posters are suggesting differently. Tbh it’s irrelevant what she did as she’s such a liar but why would you move back home when you got a 25k book advance and not when you were allegedly on the bones of your arse.

I just wish she would stop lying

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.