Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot 2022-05-14 08.13.07.png

Just typed Jack Monroe in to the Twitter search box and look what it suggested. Jack must sue everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
It's not so much reasoning as the sort of thing that might happen if you trod on a goose.
This has properly made me hoot (honk?!) :ROFLMAO:
I can’t believe that tomorrow I will be at a thing 🔺 and won’t be able to check the chaos for several hours. I’ll probably end of taking toilet trips to the extend that people will think I am on j1G!
Babe SAME but I'm going walking in the Welsh mountains 🔺️ so there won't even be toilets 😭 if anyone happens to be on Snowdon today and spots a smol redhead waving a phone above her head for signal and cackling maniacally you know what's up.

• Haha
This has been a ride hasn't it?!

One thing that gets to me though is the white winger stuff. She thinks calling someone white when they are white cannot be offensive but she didn't just call them white, she called them white wingers. Surely that's also libellous because the clear implication is that they are racist? Care to back that up Jack?

Also Tom Harwood (who is a complete dick) was trying to point out yesterday that Anderson did not say what she claimed in parliament. She deliberately dodged that but was he right? Going to court means people will look properly at what she actually claimed and she won't win many of those arguments.

And lastly it is very interesting that she never threatens anyone with libel over her tax situation isn't it? In my opinion I think she is very tricksy with the truth there. There is no way she didn't earn more than 12500 in one of those years. I guess what she actually means is her company didn't earn that but she must have surely? Otherwise how would she even pay her rent? She herself mentioned the five figure sums etc?

She might be on the wrong end of a libel claim herself one of these days. In fact I wish Walliams would have theatened her over that Henry Hoover gif - that was nasty.

The saddest thing about all this was that the whole thing started when an MP talked about getting other MPs to visit the food bank that he himself volunteers at. That was a good thing no? My biggest hate is when people cannot separate what someone says from who they are. Some tory MPs do and say good things and some Labour MPs are complete shits and vice versa. Can everyone stop with the tribal bollocks please?

• Heart
Reactions: 79
The Lee Anderson/Martin Daubney video is here in the threads a few pages back.
Lawks a mercy! What a wonderful Friday 13th chaos Jack blessed the cabal with. It will be very very interesting to see how this one plays out. Her former lawyer is a disgraced one who has form of his very own for Twitter abuse, so I doubt that he would be best placed to be of any use to her. I doubt any British judges will have any faith in him after his own court case.

Martin Daubney knows his tit too, having been in media law for almost thirty years, so I think that Jack has definitely picked the wrong fight with him. I honestly don’t think she has a case for libel (although I’m not a media frau, so cannot be certain.) However, I suspect Daubney is very well aware that what he and Anderson have said cannot be construed or held up as libellous in a court of law.

And as for the pathetic squigs making tweets to try to show potential loss of earnings, well they’re just ridiculous and any evidence such as that really won’t help her claim. Jack states openly that she allows for free photocopying of her recipes to those who need it and even says that she had to circumvent copyright laws (or some tit like that) so her books would allow for this. So, that alone could cause her loss of earnings. That’s an easy one for a lawyer to contest for starters.

I foresee lots of forensic media interest in our little cabal (even more than usual, hi journos ✋) even if this court case doesn’t go ahead; it won’t. Anyway, it’s a sunny Saturday morning and it’s lovely to see the cabal ablaze with chat about our least favourite grifter, who is softly, gently, hopefully about to be exposed. It’s about bloody time!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Not squiggling as it's a parody account with over 100k followers.

This chaos might have disappeared easily had she not of begged for cash and received thousands of interactions with it. God knows how much she received. Definitely more than a nurse makes ina quarter, maybe even more than a nurse makes in a year?

Screenshot 2022-05-14 08.21.14.png

She gives as good as she gets. Idiotic to only consider it abuse depending on how much you like someone.
Screenshot 2022-05-14 08.23.03.png

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Can I just say I’m on a mega grunk and reading this in the gym between sets. I’ve just got to the bit where Lozza mentions she hasn’t filed accounts in a while and this is my face

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
The thing I worry about is this is all well and good if and I mean IF she has a case. If not and he counter sues or even if he just counter sues on whatever basis and wins she is literally fucked! If she has very little assets as it is( I don't believe this to be the case) does she want to risk losing it?!

Again it makes me feel sad as she doesn't seem to consider her son at all, the last time she did this he was small and unaware, he's older now and just came through watching his mum fall apart and get very ill. She recently came back to him and now she's playing a dangerous game. If it goes wrong will it result in her getting very ill again. We he have to deal with her falling apart again.

In my opinion she had more to lose than her twitter rep and a bit of money.

Pet if I was you I would detract and move on.
It’s no win no fee so even if she lost, she doesn’t have to pay out.

But re her lack of assets - it works in her favour. She doesn’t need to be scared of behaving like a beast or threatening people cos even if someone came to her, what are they gonna take? Some radios and a filthy sentient mirror?

She’s undoubtedly earnt a reasonable salary for the past decade and has the hyuuuge privilege of some of it coming in the form of windfall type sums that most people would have spent on a house or put straight into investments/savings, but she’s not actually built anything for herself. Just watching her tragic life it’s clear she has needlessly high fixed outgoings and very high discretionary spending, she’s not in the saving mindset and considering the vast discrepancy between her son’s lifestyle and hers she’s certainly not in the mindset to consider making any provisions for his future either. It’s why she doesn’t care about the tax thing too, so what if she gets made bankrupt by it? The Patreon paydays will keep rolling so she can continue renting in affluent Thorpe Bay & swanning around Soho and that’s all that matters 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Gonna be awkward if she did indeed win a cash, I think more of these comments would arise. The Orangery could be so close, yet still so far
Screenshot_20220514-081928_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220514-082044_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220514-082458_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220514-082622_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 65
How do people think Jack Monroe has some kind of superpower to win libel court-cases? She's an idiot for cultivating that status as well (or perhaps she is not....people already throwing her money for just the idea of taking on the reclaim hemroids)

Years ago I can remember she was somewhat more humble about it, or at least acting more humble. Now she revels in blue tickers and squigs suggesting she will triumph over any one in court.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
And lastly it is very interesting that she never threatens anyone with libel over her tax situation isn't it?
The weirdest thing about the current chaos is she’s threatening court over them talking about how much she earns, not the comment that she earns money off people poorer than herself! I think she thinks she can win the former because her bank balance is at zero at the moment because she spunks it all on shite as soon as it hits her account. Does she honestly think they won’t go through her accounts with a fine tooth comb?! She’s thick as mince.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
in response to Lozzas comment about the accounts. Does this squiq not realise that Jack is never silent about anything, other than her accounts.

5A56AC4A-3B31-4351-86AB-80740F3C8B8A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
It’s not necessarily no win no fee. I thought they only offered that if they thought they would win.
She can’t win this.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It’s no win no fee so even if she lost, she doesn’t have to pay out.

But re her lack of assets - it works in her favour. She doesn’t need to be scared of behaving like a beast or threatening people cos even if someone came to her, what are they gonna take? Some radios and a filthy sentient mirror?

She’s undoubtedly earnt a reasonable salary for the past decade and has the hyuuuge privilege of some of it coming in the form of windfall type sums that most people would have spent on a house or put straight into investments/savings, but she’s not actually built anything for herself. Just watching her tragic life it’s clear she has needlessly high fixed outgoings and very high discretionary spending, she’s not in the saving mindset and considering the vast discrepancy between her son’s lifestyle and hers she’s certainly not in the mindset to consider making any provisions for his future either. It’s why she doesn’t care about the tax thing too, so what if she gets made bankrupt by it? The Patreon paydays will keep rolling so she can continue renting in affluent Thorpe Bay & swanning around Soho and that’s all that matters 🤷🏻‍♀️
No win no fee is only for her legal costs. If Jack lost they could be forced to pay for the other side's costs.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The problem is, that so many people quite rightly hate Fox et al, and they’ll automatically be on her side. So even though they’ve never heard of her she’ll get loads more followers and fans and they won’t be forensic about her.
It’s happening, my Twitter timeline is full of support for Jack unfortunately. I’m a bit of a leftie, not extreme, just left of centre, and people I follow on Twitter tend to be the same, most are pretty sound, but OMG they fall for The Jack is the ‘saviour of the poors‘ line she portrays. I’m screaming looking at the comments, so many are falling over themselves to shout support. Fox, Daubney and Anderson are hated on my feed, and I’m seeing loads chucking money at her PayPal and begging her to get a crowdfund going, which they are going to throw more at. Plus seeing legal people, who I thought knew their stuff, saying she has them bang to rights, which I don’t think is right 🤷🏽‍♀️

Whatever happens I guarantee she made a lot of cash last night, and that is going to continue today I expect. I’ve even seen people defending her not paying tax ! Don’t know what will happen next, but even if it all goes away today, she’s pocketed a lot of money and enhanced her reputation with the left. Find myself thinking today she might come out of this smelling of roses, with even more of a Patreon following. Hope I’m wrong and events prove that later, but little bit worried at mo that she’s gonna do ok with this Chaos. 🤦🏽‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.