Jack Monroe #304 Very middle class

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
there is an episode of Peep Show where Mark is asked to do a doomed project and has to pull together a presentation on it. so after alienating everyone else in the group he tries to run away from the presentation room, then bricks it; as the boss and his friends all stare at him, all he can think to do is desperately lie. not sure why that just popped in my head 🥰
View attachment 1264976
View attachment 1264965
Jack is somehow both Mark and Jeremy and it’s amazing. Especially when cooking ‘Moroccan’ food.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
She’s going to be up all night on a narc rampage isn’t she? And there was me thinking I’d get an early night in.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Where has all this "Pal" nonsense come from. She has only started using it since she met OH. Perhaps he's hard.
Or he’s nice? Most people who have called me pal have been being nice to me, not starting a fight. Is this a regional thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Lads please this is all too much. My OH (who is very private and not on social media) is away and there's nothing to stop me reading all night!
You’re a bit rubbish at this, let me help. “…nothing to stop me reading DMs from political prisoners all night, for free. I’m exhausted. My thyroid gland has exploded resulting in very severe ouchy ADHD and my rent has bounced. Send Catos, but if you can afford it my PayPAL, link is here”

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I am currently searching for evidence of what Hack did with the Katie Hopkins winnings. I remember at one point she said she was so exhausted during the 2 year ordeal that she couldn't work, and the money went on her everyday life. Then in another interview she gloated about spending the winnings on a sofa and a holiday.

Anyway, I searched Katie Hopkins on her website, and found this. This is how Jack describes her association with Ms Hopkins: "our names and fates are inextricably linked, a tapestry of turmoil and warring words, eternally pinned down below the surface of the internet, a hideously decaying pair of copulating butterflies joined together on a rotten corkboard in a moment in time."

Source

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 81
There's a distinction between racial prejudice/abuse which anyone of any race can perperuate, and which often happens on an individual or small group basis, and racism as a system/phenomenon through which one racial group (in the case of many countries, white people, especially those of an ethnic majority identity, eg white British) subjugates one or more groupsfrom different ethnicities, whether through obvious discrimination or more insidious, subtle ways e.g.police disproportionately targeting black men, stereotyping black women as bossy and so on. Of course it gets muddy because many people class both as coming under the umbrella term 'racism' but that's generally the distinction.

Of course even that is a simplification because factors like religion, class, nationality, regional identity and ethnicity (as generally understood as something more nuanced than race - e.g. members of white traveller communities would often be seen as the same race as white Brits, but not the same ethnicity) also play their part in which groups are stigmatised and unfairly treated.

Might get off Tattle for the night now, the whole Laurence Fox et al thing is making me feel icky and I'm also sighing at how it's just bringing more squigs and blue ticks to donate to St Jackie.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Where has all this "Pal" nonsense come from.
Maybe she's being sponsored by a dog food company.

It'll be the next project, making a meal for under a quid from only one supermarket aisle (aimed at really busy skint people).

I can hardly wait for the lemonade, Kiwi polish and Pal gazpacho.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
There's a distinction between racial prejudice/abuse which anyone of any race can perperuate, and which often happens on an individual or small group basis, and racism as a system/phenomenon through which one racial group (in the case of many countries, white people, especially those of an ethnic majority identity, eg white British) subjugates one or more groupsfrom different ethnicities, whether through obvious discrimination or more insidious, subtle ways e.g.police disproportionately targeting black men, stereotyping black women as bossy and so on. Of course it gets muddy because many people class both as coming under the umbrella term 'racism' but that's generally the distinction.

Of course even that is a simplification because factors like religion, class, nationality, regional identity and ethnicity (as generally understood as something more nuanced than race - e.g. members of white traveller communities would often be seen as the same race as white Brits, but not the same ethnicity) also play their part in which groups are stigmatised and unfairly treated.

Might get off Tattle for the night now, the whole Laurence Fox et al thing is making me feel icky and I'm also sighing at how it's just bringing more squigs and blue ticks to donate to St Jackie.
I just started watching the video that caused all this and realised after about three seconds that I probably need to go to bed or at least have a long hard think about how my evening is going 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Disagree with the American revision of the definition of racism in the spoiler. Sorry.

Reactions: 14
Re-enacted by paid actors, tense scenes from the crappy bungalow tonight. The original featured “People’s Hero” Jack and “Lucky to have her Luddite” Ol Harold who sat our Jack down for a “bit of a chat”

73F8D64E-4115-4793-B0DE-6232A3461EE8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.