Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her mum responded to the blog post asking if she’ll be invited along as the plus one. So there’s another lie right there that she hadn’t spoken to anyone in eons.
Also saying (quite pointedly lol) that she knows the hosting mayor councillor quite well. V connected 🎩

Reactions: 31
Borderline off topic.

Does anyone subscribe to / watch the vids of 'bald foodie guy' on YouTube?

He reviews cheap ready meals or any other tit he encounters in Iceland / Morrisons etc.

She could have been raking in that YouTube money for years if she had even a slightly likable personality.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh and by the way. If I ran a community kitchen and someone couldn’t afford 20p for the bread. I’d give them the bloody bread or pay for it myself. Funny how so many people are skint even though saint jack has spent 10 years knocking her pan in (knocking herself out) to help all the poors.
Our community pantry, stocked about 60% with FairShare stuff, has a £1 voluntary payment for 2 bags worth of shopping (including actual meat & household items). 99% pay the pound because it's a dignity issue; they want to have done the shopping (not had a handout). But its voluntary (there's literally an unobserved tin by the door) because the idea that somebody won't have any bread because they can't charge the 20p you're charging for a free item is beyond heartbreaking.

ETA: as per an earlier point too re: benefits, the majority of our customers are working people / pensioners, who have found their incomes no longer provide what they need.

Also;

Firstly, she's done a disservice in this thread to Foodbanks by suggesting she had a parcel of rubbish & had to use her own genius to create 'a soup' out of it - when Foodbanks specifically offer a parcel which will create 3 days worth of meals.

Secondly, everyone should report that tweet (as mentioned earlier). It goes against all guidelines and good sense & decency, and is pure self-indulgence.

As others have shared, I also had a 4 year period of work-affected depression in my early twenties; which resulted in a near miss at ending my own life. However, whilst I share that in total anonymity here, I've only ever told three people about that; my counsellor, my wife (who I didn't even know at the time) & my Bishop (as I felt I couldn't, with integrity, go forward for Ordination without having talked about this with them). I could never dream of burdening friend & family with that information - several of whom were aware I was struggling & were offering incredible support. I would also never want others, who may well be struggling, to hear that and feel enabled or emboldened some how. It is certainly not something to wield specifically as a points scoring exercise.

I'm not prone to anger, but I really wish I could do more than simply report that tweet at the moment. I feel incredibly angry. She has potentially endangered lives, in order to get a few likes & possibly ward off any potential critics (or the tax man). It is indecent, and immoral.

• Heart
Reactions: 96
I know I don't post enough to be a real part of the cabal, but I read and enjoy every word. But as a mental health nurse, working with suicidal young people every day, I think I need to pack my bags for a bit; sober Jack grates my mushrooms but this tit is beyond the pale. I feel physically sick with anger.

Absolutely duck you and everything you are, Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 129
p.s. I will not be googling Mr Tumble & his car repair concerns.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
There is a knitting site called Ravelry (they cover crochet as well). There is a wonderful group on there where grifting crafters and crafting companies as called out. At the moment I am following a thread about a USA seller who could well be the USA version of our Jacksie. Money obtained fraudulently for product not sent, gaslighting, sob stories and in place of Patroen there is sponsership. Oh, and duck races. They also get abusive when called out. Reading it is like a little vacay in Jackland. 🤡
This just sent me over to ravelry, where I found a whole serious of posts from my estranged mother talking about how awful I was. And many, many tragic stories of being hit by mountain bikes whilst being a humble pedestrian. Reminded me of falling under a train level of story telling

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
I hadn't seen the details previously, but in the summer of 2012 Jack was volunteering as a PA in her local volunteer centre (hence all her blog posts advertising volunteer positions). In fact, she volunteered so much she got invited to an awards evening: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...24/diamond-jubilee-community-champion-awards/

(Incidentally, there is a photo elsewhere of her at said awards. Her hair looks recently cut, and she's wearing a very nice dress, so that's two more lies that have cropped up over the years.)

So no, she didn't go for weeks on end without speaking to anyone.

Those archives are a goldmine for anyone who still believes that she was genuinely struggling, BTW. Jack Monroe has never been poor. Never.
It seems like Jack was a much nicer person ten years ago.

Reactions: 20
I despise her. And do you know why I despise her. I’ve just given 25 quid to a uk charity that helps rescue desperate dogs in Bosnia. I don’t even have dogs and she’s on the frigging grift every month. I’d rather save a desperate dog than line her grifting pockets. Ghoul

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack honestly has made a big difference in my life* over the last two years thanks to her recipes and her tireless, white-hot, sparkling, boiling, molten, burning, whirling FURY! She has recently influenced me into buying a Miguel Barclay book on eBay, where nothing looks like rotten guts in a bedpan.

*I may have a collection of plug hair and tumble fluff in the freezer, just waiting for her book to come out so I know what to do with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Our community pantry, stocked about 60% with FairShare stuff, has a £1 voluntary payment for 2 bags worth of shopping (including actual meat & household items). 99% pay the pound because it's a dignity issue; they want to have done the shopping (not had a handout). But its voluntary (there's literally an unobserved tin by the door) because the idea that somebody won't have any bread because they can't charge the 20p you're charging for a free item is beyond heartbreaking.

ETA: as per an earlier point too re: benefits, the majority of our customers are working people / pensioners, who have found their incomes no longer provide what they need.

Also;

Firstly, she's done a disservice in this thread to Foodbanks by suggesting she had a parcel of rubbish & had to use her own genius to create 'a soup' out of it - when Foodbanks specifically offer a parcel which will create 3 days worth of meals.

Secondly, everyone should report that tweet (as mentioned earlier). It goes against all guidelines and good sense & decency, and is pure self-indulgence.

As others have shared, I also had a 4 year period of work-affected depression in my early twenties; which resulted in a near miss at ending my own life. However, whilst I share that in total anonymity here, I've only ever told three people about that; my counsellor, my wife (who I didn't even know at the time) & my Bishop (as I felt I couldn't, with integrity, go forward for Ordination without having talked about this with them). I could never dream of burdening friend & family with that information - several of whom were aware I was struggling & were offering incredible support. I would also never want others, who may well be struggling, to hear that and feel enabled or emboldened some how. It is certainly not something to wield specifically as a points scoring exercise.

I'm not prone to anger, but I really wish I could do more than simply report that tweet at the moment. I feel incredibly angry. She has potentially endangered lives, in order to get a few likes & possibly ward off any potential critics (or the tax man). It is indecent, and immoral.
Your community pantry sounds brilliant. I only wish there was something like that near me. Not for me as I’m no means rich just now but I’m doing ok but there should be one in every town in the UK as far as I’m concerned

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.