Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Griftymcgriftface for the thread title 🎉 you get an Oliver Bonas meal planner, as does the squiggle.

Jack spends hours on her meal plans but goes maverick with her actual ‘meals’ of ‘Yuck Muck Oats’, ‘Light A Match Soup’, and ‘I’m Going To Huff and Puff That Greasy Raw Pie Down’.

F65963DE-BFBC-488B-86F3-39A165B09E2F.jpeg

(screenshot: @heretoreaditall2019)

Jack and her hardly-mentioned OH are a right pair of mugs have a sort-of matching pair of mugs, which basically means they’re married. Let’s hope OH is allowed day release from Shady Pines for the special day.

901A2512-52CE-4629-8439-758E689C8E93.jpeg

(screenshot: @Flumps)

Jack thinks bouquet garnis are nonsense, nothing beats a good fistful of mixed herbs.

OH’s parents sure are generous when letting Jack take a selfie.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ when nominating and no swears. If you’re new, check out the wiki ⬆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
We need to start thinking of ideas for a 300 thread celebration fraus. I’m thinking some kind of pie competition? I shall go for a prune and anchovy pasty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
We need to start thinking of ideas for a 300 thread celebration fraus. I’m thinking some kind of pie competition? I shall go for a prune and anchovy pasty.
My pie shall be made with a broth of furious tears and righteously dubious pork products.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Vegemite, egg and beetroot quiche using chickpea water instead of eggs.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Bollock sausage/ stuffing Inexplicable egg (not used for pastry wash)

Jackfruit and mushroom dust vol au vents

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’m going for fresh red chilli (expertly chopped) and rosemary sugar porridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Good afternoon fraus 🌈
I have a little tale, I had a very difficult morning. I got thorough it (EXHAUSTED) by putting myself in the mood for some buttery sage pasta with cut up bollock veggie sausages for tea.
I traveled to big Tesco via a sweltering ten hour camel back ride through the Safari dessert plains car to find that they had no interchangeable fresh sage.
Got myself in a bit of a grump and yomped over to the reduced section to find this for 63p! I love some fresh pesto as a treat and I’m giving my dosh to THAT MAN.
Happy days to you all 😂
CF9FE41D-7E34-4200-9BE4-A5315476391C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Good afternoon fraus 🌈
I have a little tale, I had a very difficult morning. I got thorough it (EXHAUSTED) by putting myself in the mood for some buttery sage pasta with cut up bollock veggie sausages for tea.
I traveled to big Tesco via a sweltering ten hour camel back ride through the Serengeti car to find that they had no interchangeable fresh sage.
Got myself in a bit of a grump and yomped over to the reduced section to find this for 63p! I love some fresh pesto as a treat and I’m giving my dosh to THAT MAN.
Happy days to you all 😂
View attachment 1210235
How foolish when you could have just blended up an old bag of salad.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 113
I was listening to a podcast which mentioned a legendary restaurant in Los Angeles that opened in 1946, where all the film people would go and eat.
This clip in particular piqued my interest and goes some way towards explaining Lestat Squiggle’s original interest in her. She is eternal 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I'm doing a roast chicken and roast potatoes for one (which is very sad but hey ho) and I just threw my potato peelings away, feeling very wasteful now. I could have stuck them in a pie or something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I was listening to a podcast which mentioned a legendary restaurant in Los Angeles that opened in 1946, where all the film people would go and eat.
This clip in particular piqued my interest and goes some way towards explaining Lestat Squiggle’s original interest in her. She is eternal 😳
View attachment 1210247
That's why we never see her eat her own food, she's Slopferatu.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
View attachment 1210247
I couldn’t open your link for a minute and in my head you were referencing the French Laundry.

(which I know isn’t in LA but California is California)

Poca is all clean and wants to eat posh food too.

(don’t ask)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm doing a roast chicken and roast potatoes for one (which is very sad but hey ho) and I just threw my potato peelings away, feeling very wasteful now. I could have stuck them in a pie or something.
You can put the next ones on the windowsill to dry out. Makes them like crisps I’ve heard!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Fry them so they get crispy around the edges, then blend them and add a dash of orange rind and a splash of milk for a potato skin and orange rind smoothie. Two medium sized potatoes makes around 20litres of smoothie. Drink what you want then freeze the rest in empty tin cans with lids made from left-over rugs. Been doing this for years, OH loves them so much he’s trying to get the recipe off me! Luckily he doesn’t exist 🥰

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 109
Just softly, gently binned some sad fridge salad, which wasn't very frugal of me. Jack would have blended it with pork scrapings and drizzled it on pasta

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Slopferatu.
Wish I'd stolen this as a username!

Today's dinner will be vigorously radiated radiator orange and ham sugar sauce, paired with assorted garden compost, inexplicable lychees and fast-brambled eggs. Stuffed into a no-pastry pastry, of course. Thanks Jack for the inspiration.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.