Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She knows the best way to silence any criticism or pushback from the food and media world is to deploy tweets about suicide and self harm. It's a warning. She's a bleep.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Oh and by the way. If I ran a community kitchen and someone couldnā€™t afford 20p for the bread. Iā€™d give them the bloody bread or pay for it myself. Funny how so many people are skint even though saint jack has spent 10 years knocking her pan in (knocking herself out) to help all the poors.
One time I went to Nottingham we went to a cafe and sitting on the counter was a coffee pot and a tea pot at one end, we thought nothing of it ordered our breakfast, as we did we noticed a sign asking for donation for something to eat for the homeless. We put in our few pounds change and whilst we waited for what we ordered a homeless man came in said hello to the lady behind the counter and she replied in first name terms and she handed him a disposable cup and he filled it with a drink( can't remember which) and asked for a bacon sandwich she repsonded with ok put another couple of slices of bacon on and buttered a butty just as we got our food he got his.

I always thought that was an amazing Idea and so simple. Food paid forward by kindness and a drink and some( non slop) hot food to eat.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
I love this Squig. When I was poor and at times when I just been temporarily skint, I don't go experimenting with stuff because in that situation you just can't afford the waste if it goes wrong. Let's face it life is hard enough without forcing down some godawful slop. Jack hasn't a clue.
You definitely donā€™t. Iā€™ve had two periods of pretty serious financial straits, one of them I just didnā€™t eat (straits due to evil boyf I stress starved and lost 3 stone) and the other time I survived on Ā£12.50 a week, getting my food all from Morrisons, like 25p bags of microwave beans/pasta and a cheap loaf plus anything on offer that would last. Occasionally my dinner was a bag of microwaved veg with butter I nicked off my housemates. I managed, but it sucked.
Maybe Iā€™ve missed my calling as a performative poverty prick.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
ā€œThe Florence Nightingale of our time.ā€ bleeping duck me.
Florence liked a drink and refused to let Mary Seacole join her corps( who arguably did more with her own money).
I can't believe a care home wouldn't employ her we are always short of staff and often give set shifts to help with childcare

• Heart
Reactions: 45
View attachment 1210999

There honestly aren't enough eye rolls in the world for these people šŸ™„

Although I must agree that few others would be able to create such utterly revolting slop from these ingredients!
She is such a special person, causing the Victorian sewage system to be overloaded, and anybody foolish enough to waste there money on this pigswill, nutritionally and calorifically deficient. And definitely have their lights off!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
anyone she hasnā€™t used for publicity? Oliver? Corbyn? Her son? Her ex? Walliams? Liverpool fc?

sheā€™s a con artist.

Reactions: 36
I hadn't seen the details previously, but in the summer of 2012 Jack was volunteering as a PA in her local volunteer centre (hence all her blog posts advertising volunteer positions). In fact, she volunteered so much she got invited to an awards evening: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...24/diamond-jubilee-community-champion-awards/

(Incidentally, there is a photo elsewhere of her at said awards. Her hair looks recently cut, and she's wearing a very nice dress, so that's two more lies that have cropped up over the years.)

So no, she didn't go for weeks on end without speaking to anyone.

Those archives are a goldmine for anyone who still believes that she was genuinely struggling, BTW. Jack Monroe has never been poor. Never.
And the one comment on that post FROM HER MUM.

But she was so isolated...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I was 41 years and 28 days old when I discovered BIB is 'bit in bold' and not 'bring it back' I.e. too early for a thread suggestion so repost it again later please.

As you were lads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
We need to start thinking of ideas for a 300 thread celebration fraus. Iā€™m thinking some kind of pie competition? I shall go for a prune and anchovy pasty.
Iā€™m going for an aperitif by Monica Galetti, a main by Allegra McEvedy, and a pudding from Jamie Oliver. That is dinner sorted..Then cocktails at the Groucho in my eleventybillion pound Cartier Paris earrings and a designer bin bag dress from RIP Viv. (For lunch Iā€™m having Slopbollock Pie with chips and Roadkill Gravy xx ) Iā€™m also going to make a huge bleeping drama out of the entire day. Donā€™t try to steal my thunder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I agree, it does. Especially for a young woman of 20/21 with four and a half GCSEs and a background working in nightclubs/cafes.

Come to think of it, she was working in a cafe when she fell pregnant, so at what point did she even start the role with the fire service?
Sheā€™d said she was on Ā£40k between the two roles at one point didnā€™t she?

But yeah Ā£27k was the starting salary for STEM-adjacent grad roles (obvs not in IB) back then. Her dad did really well to get her it as there would have been a ton of bright individuals available and eager.

Reactions: 38
I hadn't seen the details previously, but in the summer of 2012 Jack was volunteering as a PA in her local volunteer centre (hence all her blog posts advertising volunteer positions). In fact, she volunteered so much she got invited to an awards evening: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...24/diamond-jubilee-community-champion-awards/

(Incidentally, there is a photo elsewhere of her at said awards. Her hair looks recently cut, and she's wearing a very nice dress, so that's two more lies that have cropped up over the years.)

So no, she didn't go for weeks on end without speaking to anyone.

Those archives are a goldmine for anyone who still believes that she was genuinely struggling, BTW. Jack Monroe has never been poor. Never.
Her mum responded to the blog post asking if sheā€™ll be invited along as the plus one. So thereā€™s another lie right there that she hadnā€™t spoken to anyone in eons.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
oof what a nasty mess, I really hope no one was hurt by that performance šŸ˜” :mad: it's so triggering + totally irresponsible
Why you sick?
Jack a prick

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.