Jack Monroe #291 What about the price of hummus?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she keep living this truama is it really so difficult for her to move in from a crap period in her life? Most people who go through crap tend to make themselves a f their life better, all she ever does is moan under the guise of ,,"helping"

Because she is exhilarated by crisis.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
This is a bit off topic but I was thinking the other day about a few years ago when I'm sure Jack said she was trans? Then backtracked it as it was evident attention seeking bollocks...
I've a family member who's trans and when I think about the way Jack seemingly used it as some sort of trend it made me a bit upset. Anyone else have any thoughts on this, she seems. To have tried to smooth it over somewhat ie never mention it again... 🤔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
So how on Earth did she get that job or is the salary a lie?
I’m really not sure but call Center workers for childrens services start at 18k and then go up to 20k before stepping up to management level which starts at 21k

• Sad
Reactions: 16
This is a bit off topic but I was thinking the other day about a few years ago when I'm sure Jack said she was trans? Then backtracked it as it was evident attention seeking bollocks...
I've a family member who's trans and when I think about the way Jack seemingly used it as some sort of trend it made me a bit upset. Anyone else have any thoughts on this, she seems. To have tried to smooth it over somewhat ie never mention it again... 🤔
She said T made her too randy but she still identifies as trans non binary she/they. She says.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Oh and by the way. If I ran a community kitchen and someone couldn’t afford 20p for the bread. I’d give them the bloody bread or pay for it myself. Funny how so many people are skint even though saint jack has spent 10 years knocking her pan in (knocking herself out) to help all the poors.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
She's annoying enough when she pretends she made conscious choices to be the nasty individual she is because she's so principled or something, when in fact she's just stupid.

But really oversteps the mark with made up emotive BS that people are being sanctioned for attending chemo. As if that even happened once, let alone was a regular thing. I fell off my bike while on UC a few years ago and they said it was fine to not come in for the next 4 weeks and fill in the online job search. They have these discretionary powers. The welfare state has lots of things to be critical of in this country without making up tit because you get a dopamine hit from going viral on twatter.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
I think 27k might be achievable with the shift allowances. We looked into it at one stage as I didn’t believe she worked 2 shifts of 15hrs plus one shift of 8hr but they really do. So basically two night shifts a week, unsociable hours, weekends sundays bank holidays etc.
old chief let her have Saturday’s off coz she worked in a nightclub and probably tit at her job and Saturday is a busy night and she had some other job as well.

She keeps rehashing and mining her trauma coz she’s a narc who feeds off attention.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Is there any concrete proof in salary because it does feel awfully high
I agree, it does. Especially for a young woman of 20/21 with four and a half GCSEs and a background working in nightclubs/cafes.

Come to think of it, she was working in a cafe when she fell pregnant, so at what point did she even start the role with the fire service?

Reactions: 27
I hadn't seen the details previously, but in the summer of 2012 Jack was volunteering as a PA in her local volunteer centre (hence all her blog posts advertising volunteer positions). In fact, she volunteered so much she got invited to an awards evening: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...24/diamond-jubilee-community-champion-awards/

(Incidentally, there is a photo elsewhere of her at said awards. Her hair looks recently cut, and she's wearing a very nice dress, so that's two more lies that have cropped up over the years.)

So no, she didn't go for weeks on end without speaking to anyone.

Those archives are a goldmine for anyone who still believes that she was genuinely struggling, BTW. Jack Monroe has never been poor. Never.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
View attachment 1211040

Praise beans, some sense at last! 🙏🏽
I love this Squig. When I was poor and at times when I've just been temporarily skint, I don't go experimenting with stuff because in that situation you just can't afford the waste if it goes wrong. Let's face it life is hard enough without forcing down some godawful slop. Jack hasn't a clue.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.