Jack Monroe #274 I’m Jack Monroe, Rise minions of my echo chamber; tell me how dedicated & awesome I am.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to know exactly how long Jack was really at the Southend Echo for. Have we ever found any of her bylined court stories or news stories - there should be hundreds?? I’m sure we’ll find she had a small column due to the poverty/blog and maybe then did some work experience or the odd day, but has now embellished it into this 18month career where she was court reporting and hot on local politics. You need shorthand for real court reporting. I’m almost certain she’s got her eye on a full time column at a national like she did as a guest last year on the Express and I think on the People, which would be £100k gig - and has embellished her credentials and is now shouting on Twitter, as she does, about how good her note taking is and journalism is, as part of the cosplay/pitch to get it.
Long enough to be hand-picked to interview Boris over people with journalism degrees and years of experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Interesting that other people like her with long hair - I don't think it suited her, but to my eye she has a good face for short styles that are often hard to pull off. Not the current short style, obviously, but I like her post-Allegra look, for instance.

It's interesting that she changes her hair so often and so drastically - that's quite rare on this side of 30, it's usually something you do as a teen when you're still figuring yourself out.

Anyway, I'm in danger of feeling sorry for her, so here's a bit of archive Jack being a dick to her mum - we've seen these before separately, but put them side by side and she really seems like an absolute bleep:

Jack dissing her parents for making her remove her birthmarks, meaning she never learned to swim (also IIRC she does not float due to some unspecified medical condition). Her birth marks "caused me no bother":

View attachment 1149181

Jack's mum's version of events:

View attachment 1149179
View attachment 1149187
This makes me feel so sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I finally have an answer to the question of how many times Jack has moved home. 🥳

Screenshot_20220325-101241_Chrome.jpg

This is phrased weirdly. Actually Jack moved out of the flat she shared with her partner in October '11, into a very expensive "executive luxury apartment". Then she immediately quit her job and plunged into poverty. She moved out in October '12 to save 50£ a month on rent.

Anyway:

1) flat with ex-partner - until Oct '11
2) executive luxury apartment - Oct '11 - Oct '12
3) flat with mirror tiles in kitchen - Oct '12 - May/Jun '13
4) house share (she moved into this in May/June, got engaged in August, and was living with her new fiancée in September. She always talks about this house share as a major indicator of poverty. She was there for one summer) May/Jun - Sep '13
5) moves in with fiancée - Sep - Nov '13
6) empty flat generously offered to her temporarily by a friend (LOL WHAT) - Nov '13 - Jan '14
7) amazing new house that inspired the gushing post above - Jan '14 - ???? not sure, but absolute maximum start of May '14, as this blog post confirms: https://web.archive.org/web/2014051...lledjack.com/2014/05/07/jack-monroe-biography
8) May '14 - Jun '15: Allegra's house (not rented)
9) Jun '15 - Aug '16: flat
10) Aug '16 - Jun '18: house by the sea
11) Jun '18 - Feb '19: not-crappy bungalow
12) Feb '19 - present: crappy bungalow

(more sources here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...e-you-helped-set-up.28113/page-3#post-8818558 )

Jack claims to have moved home at least 24 times. She left her parents' home in 2005. This suggests one of three things:

a) She moved far more frequently in the six years pre-poverty than the ten years post-poverty.
b) She is not good at granular maths.
c) She's lying.

By the way, I can clear another detail up - it was not Allegra who fancied GIRLS, babe. Based on the timing of the Sainsbury's ad, it was Hazel the police officer, who Jack started dating, got engaged to, moved in with, and broke up with in less than a year (all this in 2013):

Screenshot_20220325-100659_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I want to know exactly how long Jack was really at the Southend Echo for. Have we ever found any of her bylined court stories or news stories - there should be hundreds?? I’m sure we’ll find she had a small column due to the poverty/blog and maybe then did some work experience or the odd day, but has now embellished it into this 18month career where she was court reporting and hot on local politics. You need shorthand for real court reporting. I’m almost certain she’s got her eye on a full time column at a national like she did as a guest last year on the Express and I think on the People, which would be £100k gig - and has embellished her credentials and is now shouting on Twitter, as she does, about how good her note taking is and journalism is, as part of the cosplay/pitch to get it.
She started writing a column in about Q3 2012, then was taken on as a full-time trainee reporter in early 2013. She quit in Sep/Oct 2013.

Here she is struggling to juggle being a reporter with being a superstar celebrity: https://web.archive.org/web/2013091...ition-of-writing-the-news-and-being-the-news/

ETA: Check out her front-page article. Nothing says quality journalism like an exclamation mark in the opening sentence of your article.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Isn't journalism quite a tough profession to get into? Oh, sorry we are talking about Jackanory here aren't we?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Agree totally, this is why she's saying that she's been offered an interview with Boris, to show what great contacts she has and how many scoops she'll get. Also explains the 'why aren't journalists doing this, why is it all up to me', as though she's showing the kind of thing she'd 'cover'. May also explain why she'd DM the Mirror's royal correspondent, as well as promising to do the 'line by line' analysis of Rishi Mate's speech. She's obviously going about things all wrong if she's looking for a journalism job, but like I said yesterday, the only way she knows how to big herself up is by putting others (in this case, what she sees as her 'peers') down.
Yep. If she got a column, no other paper would ever expose her and she’d think she was even more untouchable than she does now. She’d only need to work a day a week and do f all apart from Tweet and look busy. The People or Mirror would get the clicks from the squigs. She could shout at the government. This is her dream job. I can see it happening, unless they see her as too high maintenance or find out she’s been lying

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
She started writing a column in about Q3 2012, then was taken on as a full-time trainee reporter in early 2013. She quit in Sep/Oct 2013.

Here she is struggling to juggle being a reporter with being a superstar celebrity: https://web.archive.org/web/2013091...ition-of-writing-the-news-and-being-the-news/

ETA: Check out her front-page article. Nothing says quality journalism like an exclamation mark in the opening sentence of your article.
So six months max as a trainee, which meant she quit before she would have had to take her exams to become a fully trained journo. You’d not normally get a national gig with that, although some papers do go for celebrity type names for clicks and kudos.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
7) amazing new house that inspired the gushing post above - Jan '14 - ???? not sure, but absolute maximum start of May '14, as this blog post confirms: https://web.archive.org/web/2014051...lledjack.com/2014/05/07/jack-monroe-biography
It's really awful that she could write this post about how perfect this new place is, how for the first time she feels security for her and SB and how she found him a school nearby etc .... That just a few months later she uproots him again, this time to go and live in London with someone she's known for about a week.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
You'd be seriously ill from drinking nearly 5l of water a day. Sorry to be boring but there's such a thing as drinking too much water, it messes with your sodium levels.
Low sodium often presents as increased confusion which explains the Twitter feed. Luckily it can be softly, gently treated with Mum's marmite pasta

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Fortnum and Mason, with their dastardly difficult drop down title menu. What a review. Bet they don’t want to be reminded of that.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
It's really awful that she could write this post about how perfect this new place is, how for the first time she feels security for her and SB and how she found him a school nearby etc .... That just a few months later she uproots him again, this time to go and live in London with someone she's known for about a week.
Definitely, especially given that she'd just had one serious relationship fall apart. Moving in with & getting engaged to two new partners in less than a year is insane by anyone's standards, but when you've got a young child, surely you have to be more cautious?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Isn't journalism quite a tough profession to get into? Oh, sorry we are talking about Jackanory here aren't we?
please can we bring WHAT’S THE STORY JACKANORY back as thread title nomination! It’s pure 🦉🍾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Also (just working through your fab links, @colouredlines) it blows my mind that she was given a well-paid job as a call handler at her dad's workplace when she was still a teenager. Nepotism's a helluva drug.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
I finally have an answer to the question of how many times Jack has moved home. 🥳

View attachment 1149574

This is phrased weirdly. Actually Jack moved out of the flat she shared with her partner in October '11, into a very expensive "executive luxury apartment". Then she immediately quit her job and plunged into poverty. She moved out in October '12 to save 50£ a month on rent.

Anyway:

4) house share (she moved into this in May/June, got engaged in August, and was living with her new fiancée in September. She always talks about this house share as a major indicator of poverty. She was there for one summer) May/Jun - Sep '13
6) empty flat generously offered to her temporarily by a friend (LOL WHAT) - Nov '13 - Jan '14

(more sources here: https://tattle.life/threads/jack-mo...e-you-helped-set-up.28113/page-3#post-8818558 )

Jack claims to have moved home at least 24 times. She left her parents' home in 2005. This suggests one of three things:

a) She moved far more frequently in the six years pre-poverty than the ten years post-poverty.
c) She's lying.

By the way, I can clear another detail up - it was not Allegra who fancied GIRLS, babe. Based on the timing of the Sainsbury's ad, it was Hazel the police officer, who Jack started dating, got engaged to, moved in with, and broke up with in less than a year (all this in 2013):

View attachment 1149576
That's ridiculous! The speed at which her relationships move is quite alarming, and I say that as someone who moved in with the husband after two weeks (and basically doing a Reggie Perrin on my entire life in Australia to boot). How she can do that with a child is beyond me. It just seems irresponsible.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

View attachment 1149574

Anyway:

c) She's lying.

View attachment 1149576
So SB was born in 2011 is that right? Was she living with the ex partner when she was pregnant and when he was born? So in his first 8 years of life she had 4 live-in relationships, and a house share. That’s all shades of wrong for that lad. 4 of those had nothing to do with poverty and everything to do with her desires. He’s clearly just one of her “work tools”, she needed a child to make the poverty sellable. Utterly shameless.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.