Jack Monroe #274 I’m Jack Monroe, Rise minions of my echo chamber; tell me how dedicated & awesome I am.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do wish there was a flower we could wear or a secret sign that we are Frau’s. I’m off to Edinburgh on a couple of weeks and I’m going to hang round looking for Scottish fraus 😉
Perhaps you could have a stick of celery in your top pocket?

ETA am still grunking and see others have mentioned it first, a bit like Jack and her hot takes!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Example of support being given to the 2022 version. A person that does practical work & would benefit from someone with a massive following giving a nod or fundraising for…
When squigs ask her about Depher she always implies she's involved and sometimes they tag her in stuff but she's never done any fundraising for them and doesn't promote them at all. Yet they do so much good.

• Wow
Reactions: 39
When squigs ask her about Depher she always implies she's involved and sometimes they tag her in stuff but she's never done any fundraising for them and doesn't promote them at all. Yet they do so much good.
And she did not promote Full Time Meals. If she were really focused on helping poor people eat she would have overcome her jealousy about not being involved and shared it.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I truly believe after the JKR chaos Jack may take a needed Twitter break, but no, back and as smug as ever.

I said a long time ago that one day she would rattle the wrong cage and the house of cards would tumble. Not yet, sadly but I believe it's coming...

SB and Allegra's daughter
Thanks fraus for remembering. I think her claiming motherhood for Allegra’s daughter - to make herself seem more busy and under pressure - is yet another inappropriate appropriation.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
And she did not promote Full Time Meals. If she were really focused on helping poor people eat she would have overcome her jealousy about not being involved and shared it.
100% this. If her name's not on it she's not interested. Or she claims her name is on it... E.g. "headlining" the gingerbread event or "working behind the scenes" with Marcus Rashford.

Thanks fraus for remembering. I think her claiming motherhood for Allegra’s daughter - to make herself seem more busy and under pressure - is yet another inappropriate appropriation.
At least she hasn't claimed to be a single parent to two children...yet!!

Reactions: 26
Isn't one of the major principles of AA to wait a year before starting a relationship?

Then again, another major principle is anonymity, so... 🤷🏼‍♀️
I was told something like this in the early days - don’t even think about getting a partner for a year. After a year, get a plant and if you don’t kill the plant, get a pet. If nothing happens to the pet then think about getting into a relationship!

I had been sober for a year when I met my husband but he hadn’t. There’s a term, 13th Stepper, which is not a pleasant term for someone who approaches newcomers and “woos them” (sorry for the 1950s lingo, I can’t think of another term 😂) knowing that they’re vulnerable. My husband still affectionately calls me a 13th Stepper. It was weird because it always felt ~ right ~ but it could have gone so horribly wrong. Thankfully, one day at a time, we’ve both stayed sober.

As purely an observation, I would think the last thing Jack needs is a relationship but as she could tell me it’s raining and I would still go to the window to check, I’m not convinced there is an other half

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I think it would be nice to see her volunteer her time at a foodbank. She's not so famous and that she would be swamped with fans. She could even work behind the scenes in the cubby, sorting out the time of beans. Imagine what that would do for her brand and the nasty journalists at the daily mail.

Rinsed bean cook packs beans for the masses!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I think it would be nice to see her volunteer her time at a foodbank. She's not so famous and that she would be swamped with fans. She could even work behind the scenes in the cubby, sorting out the time of beans. Imagine what that would do for her brand and the nasty journalists at the daily mail.

She'd never turn up to volunteer in person, she's scared she might run into David Cameron.

• Haha
  • Heart

She’d do a single shift, quit using the excuse the place triggered an attack of something medical and she has to “think of herself”, then have “food bank volunteer” in her bio for at least the next ten years.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74

Could be a bit awks though, she might bump into Dave C.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Don't make me start thinking about Sex Jack again. Bad enough I'm waiting for my booster shot, without that extra stress!
Sex Jack, Sex Jack,
You brought Sex Jack Back
You thought you’d erased her from your brain, you’ll need a better hack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I’m not doing interviews
Boris wants an interview
Might do an interview
Feel a bit ill
I’ve got an OH
Boris is too scared to talk to me
I’m not doing any interviews
My website is suddenly very important
The vacant baboon is keeping me busy, byeeeee
Shall I grow my hair out?
You know what Fraus and Herrs, it’s good to be back! There is no one quite like Jack, and for that I am truly grateful. But this thread is ~ checks notes ~ the best worst corner of the internet in the world ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
She’d do a single shift, quit using the excuse the place triggered an attack of something medical and she has to “think of herself”, then have “food bank volunteer” in her bio for at least the next ten years.
The painful accuracy of this post 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I’ve just had a weird thought.

the post about the non-covid common cold and the OH. Perhaps that was meant to be posted from a sock account but she didn’t realise and just left it. But then I’m still a Jack is RSM truther and convinced that the first FSM posts where Jack was ranting it was her story was meant to be from her RSM sock.

• Wow
  • Haha
I want to know exactly how long Jack was really at the Southend Echo for. Have we ever found any of her bylined court stories or news stories - there should be hundreds?? I’m sure we’ll find she had a small column due to the poverty/blog and maybe then did some work experience or the odd day, but has now embellished it into this 18month career where she was court reporting and hot on local politics. You need shorthand for real court reporting. I’m almost certain she’s got her eye on a full time column at a national like she did as a guest last year on the Express and I think on the People, which would be £100k gig - and has embellished her credentials and is now shouting on Twitter, as she does, about how good her note taking is and journalism is, as part of the cosplay/pitch to get it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
I want to know exactly how long Jack was really at the Southend Echo for? Have we ever found any of her bylined court stories or news stories - there should be hundreds?? I’m sure we’ll find she had a small column due to the poverty/blog and maybe then did some work experience or the odd day, but has now embellished it into this 18month career where she was court reporting and hot on local politics. You need shorthand for real court reporting. I’m almost certain she’s got her eye on a full time column at a national like she did as a guest last year on the Express and I think on the People, which would be £100k gig - and has embellished her credentials and is now shouting on Twitter, as she does, about how good her note taking is and journalism is, as part of the cosplay/pitch to get it.
Agree totally, this is why she's saying that she's been offered an interview with Boris, to show what great contacts she has and how many scoops she'll get. Also explains the 'why aren't journalists doing this, why is it all up to me', as though she's showing the kind of thing she'd 'cover'. May also explain why she'd DM the Mirror's royal correspondent, as well as promising to do the 'line by line' analysis of Rishi Mate's speech. She's obviously going about things all wrong if she's looking for a journalism job, but like I said yesterday, the only way she knows how to big herself up is by putting others (in this case, what she sees as her 'peers') down.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.