Jack Monroe #274 I’m Jack Monroe, Rise minions of my echo chamber; tell me how dedicated & awesome I am.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The problem with Jack's history is that it never quite adds up. It's contradicted by her own hand so many times that you doubt yourself whether or not you've remembered it wrong. Timelines are all over the place. Little things change. Big things change. Yet still she isn't a big enough name for anyone to really give a tit. She only gets wheeled out because she's been around long enough and they can't be bothered to find anyone else relevant.

So people find themselves here. Going round and round in circles trying to figure it all out when there's no point. I don't believe the full true story actually exists. It's embellished, maybe made up, maybe even borrowed. Imagine if instead she'd spent all that time in an average paying job and giving her son all of her spare time. But there you go, that won't get attention will it?

In a nutshell it's all bollocks really 🤷‍♀️

Must dash, I've got an interview with Wills and Kate. They're popping round mine for tea and carrot slop sandwiches😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
So many of her early blog entries - even the one about Facebook censoring her - read like job applications. The careerism was there from the start, complete with the obfuscations. A lot of chutzpah but nothing to back it up. The reeling off of all these random 'awards' which are just big PR events. All smoke and mirrors.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I've moved about 19 times ..I was told that because of my MH/I I never felt settled or at home..plus I was having paranoid episodes and feeling electricity through the walls.
I did a sort of circle on the estate.. but I walked into this one and I can only describe it as a woosh of happiness 😊 I voice saying welcome home.
My parents helped me buy it with my massive discount and I've been here ever since
I still get a sense of joy when i do to sometimes leave the house, then come back and see my little door and know that's my safety/my kids' home.

Plus, my youngest ( tad freaky ) says she got me the house and jumped in my belly because I desperately needed her.. I lost so many family members when I found I was pregnant with P, and I do believe she's right.

Sorry , I got carried away ......

• Heart
Reactions: 70
So SB was born in 2011 is that right? Was she living with the ex partner when she was pregnant and when he was born?
According to an anonymous interview she did (and later on revealed it was her) Jack was in a physically, mentally and sexually abusive relationship with a woman for at least the first half of her pregnancy. The fact none of this tallies up with anything she’s said in the past about her relationships and living arrangements is by the by 🙃

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Lads, this week has been awful in Pinkland. I hate my job with a passion, my boss as an utter bully who, in under a year, has managed to change me from a confident, bubbly, outgoing person to an absolute mess on antidepressents, having panic attacks and being utterly neurotic about everything in the world . On Monday I was offered a new job, which I jumped at eagerly, only to be told my notice period is 3 months, when I have already committed to a new start date with my new employer at the end of April. So, I have had a hellish week of having to explain my crappy MH to our 2 very uncaring Directors and begging for a reduced notice period. They finally agreed this morning, and I have sat at my desk and cried since 9am. Anyway, my point is that without the chaos, the laughs and this hellsite I am not sure I would have ever stopped crying this week, so thank you all - you vile mithering ninnies.

Jack, pay your taxes, you arsewipe.

• Heart
Reactions: 115
So SB was born in 2011 is that right? Was she living with the ex partner when she was pregnant and when he was born? So in his first 8 years of life she had 4 live-in relationships, and a house share. That’s all shades of wrong for that lad. 4 of those had nothing to do with poverty and everything to do with her desires. He’s clearly just one of her “work tools”, she needed a child to make the poverty sellable. Utterly shameless.
I don't know when she moved in with that ex, but SB was born in March 2010.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yep. If she got a column, no other paper would ever expose her and she’d think she was even more untouchable than she does now. She’d only need to work a day a week and do f all apart from Tweet and look busy. The People or Mirror would get the clicks from the squigs. She could shout at the government. This is her dream job. I can see it happening, unless they see her as too high maintenance or find out she’s been lying
I dunno newspaper columnists can get their fair share of scrutiny from other papers and if they are shout enough. Unfortunately that would play into the woe is me narrative that the squigs lap up. I think the only thing that could bring her down at this stage is someone from her personal life calling out her lies or unpaid taxes being confirmed and exposed.

Looking forward to today's lies!

Reactions: 27
Yep. If she got a column, no other paper would ever expose her and she’d think she was even more untouchable than she does now. She’d only need to work a day a week and do f all apart from Tweet and look busy. The People or Mirror would get the clicks from the squigs. She could shout at the government. This is her dream job. I can see it happening, unless they see her as too high maintenance or find out she’s been lying
Like a “lefty” KatieHopkins!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Imagine if instead she'd spent all that time in an average paying job and giving her son all of her spare time. But there you go, that won't get attention will it?
She's probably be onto her second OWNED home by now if she'd stayed at the Fire and Rescue, and could have even had a healthy savings account. Instead, she's mithering about on the internet pretending the Prime Minister refused to a meeting with her because he's scared of her interviewing prowess. It's a lesson for us all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Lads, this week has been awful in Pinkland. I hate my job with a passion, my boss as an utter bully who, in under a year, has managed to change me from a confident, bubbly, outgoing person to an absolute mess on antidepressents, having panic attacks and being utterly neurotic about everything in the world . On Monday I was offered a new job, which I jumped at eagerly, only to be told my notice period is 3 months, when I have already committed to a new start date with my new employer at the end of April. So, I have had a hellish week of having to explain my crappy MH to our 2 very uncaring Directors and begging for a reduced notice period. They finally agreed this morning, and I have sat at my desk and cried since 9am. Anyway, my point is that without the chaos, the laughs and this hellsite I am not sure I would have ever stopped crying this week, so thank you all - you vile mithering ninnies.

Jack, pay your taxes, you arsewipe.
Sorry to hear you've had a hard time, but congratulations on the new job. I went through something similar with a bullying boss destroying my confidence. There was a happy ending though the new role I moved into provided lots of opportunities for growth and a nurturing manager or two helped give me the confidence to develop. I hope you find similar success. Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Sorry to hear you've had a hard time, but congratulations on the new job. I went through something similar with a bullying boss destroying my confidence. There was a happy ending though the new role I moved into provided lots of opportunities for growth and a nurturing manager or two helped give me the confidence to develop. I hope you find similar success. Xx
Thank you <3 <3

Too short - Jacks a wazzock.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I have one final note from the archives that amused me and I think says a bit about Jack's mindset:

Screenshot_20220325-111709_Chrome.jpg

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20121015070422/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2012/10/03/flat-hunting-woes/

She was 24 when she wrote this. I feel like the vast majority of 24-year-olds would be totally confused by her take, because at that age, a huge number of people have, I dunno, A FLATMATE.

Jack always presents her house share era (reminder: one summer) as an example of utter grinding poverty, but surely nearly all of us have shared accommodation at some point?

Mid-Poverty, the idea of sharing a flat is so far off her radar that she can't even conceive of someone needing a second bedroom if they don't have a child.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
There’s a world of difference between being a journalist-reporter and being a journalist-columnist (opinion editorial Op Ed)

There are many totally unqualified writers and columnists. See Caitlin Moran.

The media will take people down when it suits. Having a column would lead to the end of her, I’m sure.

Loved Press Gang, obvs. I read an interview with the writers and they asked them about their invention of feminist icon and role model for teenaged girls, Linda Day. They said they had just been teachers in a secondary school and so they knew very well that if you want something to get done, there’s no way you’d ask a boy! It was obvious the person in charge would be a girl otherwise there’d be no paper, as simple as that.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Has anyone worked out what paternalistic breadcrumbs are? I keep wondering if she means panko but can never be too sure as they would likely offer too much texture in one of her recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I have one final note from the archives that amused me and I think says a bit about Jack's mindset:

View attachment 1149643

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20121015070422/http://agirlcalledjack.com/2012/10/03/flat-hunting-woes/

She was 24 when she wrote this. I feel like the vast majority of 24-year-olds would be totally confused by her take, because at that age, a huge number of people have, I dunno, A FLATMATE.

Jack always presents her house share era (reminder: one summer) as an example of utter grinding poverty, but surely nearly all of us have shared accommodation at some point?

Mid-Poverty, the idea of sharing a flat is so far off her radar that she can't even conceive of someone needing a second bedroom if they don't have a child.
Zero self awareness and a total inability to look at the bigger picture or set her sights to a reasonable and attainable level.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
She started writing a column in about Q3 2012, then was taken on as a full-time trainee reporter in early 2013. She quit in Sep/Oct 2013.

Here she is struggling to juggle being a reporter with being a superstar celebrity: https://web.archive.org/web/2013091...ition-of-writing-the-news-and-being-the-news/

ETA: Check out her front-page article. Nothing says quality journalism like an exclamation mark in the opening sentence of your article.
imagine going back in time, accidentally changing a few things…then coming back to the present where you pick up a paper and see jack’s dead-eyed face on page after page, frantically tearing through the pages as you come to the horrifying realisation that you have permanently altered reality into a dystopian nightmare

• Haha
  • Wow

View attachment 1149643

Also kinda weird that she wonders if it includes "visiting children" rather than "live in" ones. Unless ....

• Haha
  • Wow
Whatever her journalistic aspirations, she would never fit in with these gods of the industry

View attachment 1149584
I loved this so much I press ganged my friends into setting up a School magazine that I ended up writing most of the articles for, selling and organising the advertising ( charged local sweet shop a tenner to do a page ad) and sending market research questionnaires round in the registers. duck 14 yr old me and Jack have lots in common

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.