Jack Monroe #267 Could it be a different scheme you helped set up?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll take the glass jars full of table salt and twigs if she throws in a coat hanger extension made from ring pulls.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Not the most clued up frau regarding benefits, so forgive any ignorance on my part.

If Jack's pity parties on Twitter were to be wholly believed (works for free, no savings, £34 in account etc) then she surely would qualify for one of the benefits and possibly even housing benefits too (again apologies for my lack of knowledge). The fact she doesn't is indicative that she is lying about her circumstances, but the squigs can't work it out. Maybe her earnings are too high, or too much squirrelled away in savings. If she really was so destitute then the DWP would help her.

She said in the committee yesterday that she had to wait 5 weeks before getting any money during The PovertyTM , but even that is a retelling of the overly retold story.

There are safety nets out there, you've got to jump through hoops to get them, but they do exist. Jack is making out that there is no hope nor help. It's a very damaging point of view to provide to her followers. She is so heartless to behave this way, it's all a game to her. Just another reason to rattle one of her many tip jars.
The current price hikes especially in fuel and the cost of living are also hitting the well off. I work in a very affluent area in my city( unfortunately I don't earn much 😥) but it's not unheard off too see Rolls Royce's, jaguars, mercs. The houses are onminimum 5 bed etc, yet recently they are all going up for sale. People just cannot afford to keep them.

Also there is ways and means now a days to sort all sorts of bills and benefits, you just have to be arsed to do them, but apparently washing clothes is too much for the precious princess.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Not a regular here so sorry if mentioned. The Daily Mash, a satire site, has written an article
“Jack Monroe, and five other people reactionary dickheads can't explain why they hate”
The Facebook comments are full of praise for them and claims of ‘hero’, if anyone wants to go and set them straight.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
I take all the forensic receipts and the big maths for the game changing index and will use it for my DPHIL thesis 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The idea of Manc Bee getting all suited up to go neutralise the spoons at the slop scene has left me a little flustered 🥰😂View attachment 1116215
Last weekend, my partner was up from London (the move north has been delayed due to world events🔺️). Marcus came on TV.

Mr Bee said "who's that?"
I said "it's me"
Mr Bee replied "Ohhh God yes, it is you!" followed by "who is it really?"

I was NOT in a hazmat suit at the time.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I bagsy the tampon pineapple.
I was going to grab this but as you've beaten me to it could I would like the £300 suit bought after the DIVA pdf, it's never seen the light of day since and it would look better on me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Not the most clued up frau regarding benefits, so forgive any ignorance on my part.

If Jack's pity parties on Twitter were to be wholly believed (works for free, no savings, £34 in account etc) then she surely would qualify for one of the benefits and possibly even housing benefits too (again apologies for my lack of knowledge). The fact she doesn't is indicative that she is lying about her circumstances, but the squigs can't work it out. Maybe her earnings are too high, or too much squirrelled away in savings. If she really was so destitute then the DWP would help her.

She said in the committee yesterday that she had to wait 5 weeks before getting any money during The PovertyTM , but even that is a retelling of the overly retold story.

There are safety nets out there, you've got to jump through hoops to get them, but they do exist. Jack is making out that there is no hope nor help. It's a very damaging point of view to provide to her followers. She is so heartless to behave this way, it's all a game to her. Just another reason to rattle one of her many tip jars.
If her situation were as she described it then she would be due some top up benefits but her Patreon alone means she's overshot the threshold by some way. If her arthritis and other health issues were as described then even with the Patreon she might well be due some PIP to help with additional costs arising from her disabilities.

In terms of her original claim during The Poverty she would have been due Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Child Benefit and Housing Benefit. I find it hard to believe all those benefits took five weeks to come through at that time- I was doing welfare rights at that time and I'd have been worried if they took longer than four weeks (2-3 weeks would be about what I'd expect back then). HB can take a bit longer because it involves quite a few checks but it would have been fully backdated. She certainly wouldn't have been well off but if she hadn't delayed claiming for ages in order to play the martyr she'd have been a good deal better off than she was. If she'd really been sensible and worked something out with the fire service she could have been in line for working tax credits and help with childcare costs but she chose to throw away a decent job in a tantrum. Any CABx or local money advice service would have helped her through all this every step of the way and could have helped negotiate with any creditors she may have had but she chose not to ask for help.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I wanted to answer the eternal question: how many times has Jack Monroe moved house?

In doing so, I also found that the crappy bungalow may, in fact, not be the first place that Jack considers to truly be a home...

October 2011: Jack breaks up with her partner & moves out into "executive luxury apartment"

(can't find receipt right now, sorry)

October 2012: Jack moves into the flat with the mirrored tiles in the kitchen, seen in many early Poverty news stories

20210213_154428.jpg

Screenshot_20220228-094120_Instagram.jpg

MAY 2013: Jack is moving into a shared house

Screenshot_20220228-125723_Chrome.jpg

JULY 2013: Jack has moved

Screenshot_20220228-105954_Chrome.jpg

(Incidentally, I know some Frauen believe that Jack moved back home at this time. I read some of her blog comments that indicate that she didn't, but I can't find them right now. She could be lying, but I'll assume she isn't. For once.)

OCTOBER 2013: Jack has moved out and is now living with the Mrs Jack of the day

Screenshot_20220310-190030_Chrome.jpg

source: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/02/jack-monroe-creative-recipes-tight-budget

Interlude: in December 2013, she has a guitar that has moved house with her 12 times. Didn't sell that, then?

Screenshot_20220310-191340_Chrome.jpg

source: https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2013/12/31/a-pretty-good-year-reflections-on-2013/

We have a lack of info now. We know she moved in with Allegra in mid-2014, breaking up with the previous Mrs J some time before then.

SUMMER 2015: Jack breaks up with Allegra and moves into a flat, her "ideal home"

Screenshot_20220310-184320_Instagram.jpg

She is slow to decorate it.

Screenshot_20220310-183929_Instagram.jpg

She eventually acquires a bed.

Screenshot_20220310-183641_Instagram.jpg

AUGUST 2016: Jack moves into a house, her "dream home"

Screenshot_20220310-183422_Instagram.jpg

She proceeds to trash the place.

Screenshot_20220310-183337_Instagram.jpg

Still there in 2017...
Screenshot_20220310-183156_Instagram.jpg

Trashing continues for some time.

Screenshot_20220310-182709_Instagram.jpg

Can you believe that the picture below is Jack DECLUTTERING?! 🤯

Screenshot_20220310-182540_Instagram.jpg

JUNE 2018: Jack moves into a bungalow (not the crappy bungalow). It's "perfect" and "feels like home", unlike her last two dream homes

Screenshot_20220310-182151_Instagram.jpg

She seems to really like it.

Screenshot_20220310-182109_Instagram.jpg

FEBRUARY 2019: the crappy bungalow

Screenshot_20220310-131659_Instagram.jpg

In conclusion:

1) Flat with partner
2) Executive luxury apartment
3) Mirror kitchen
4) House share
5) Flat with then-fiancée

??????? (she must have moved home 15+ times in 2014, according to her own moving stats)

6) Allegra's home
7) Flat
8) House
9) Bungalow
10) crappy bungalow

I need a new hobby 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
I reckon LJC’s name was on the lease before; now it’s just in one persons name. Full moon due on her birthday, last year was a quiet affair. What could possibly go wrong?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I've got my eye on the 'Debbie Does Dallas' wig ensemble and ALL of Jack's special pens, do not touch, even for a minute, pens.
ALL OF THEM.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Sssh, Sssh it's oh so quiet, it's oh so still. Is the smol pixie having a nap after her epic Twitter storm?

• Haha
I was going to grab this but as you've beaten me to it could I would like the £300 suit bought after the DIVA pdf, it's never seen the light of day since and it would look better on me.
His walk. 🤣🤣🤣

Almost as ridiculous as the tit she talks!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
If her situation were as she described it then she would be due some top up benefits but her Patreon alone means she's overshot the threshold by some way. If her arthritis and other health issues were as described then even with the Patreon she might well be due some PIP to help with additional costs arising from her disabilities.

In terms of her original claim during The Poverty she would have been due Income Support, Child Tax Credit, Child Benefit and Housing Benefit. I find it hard to believe all those benefits took five weeks to come through at that time- I was doing welfare rights at that time and I'd have been worried if they took longer than four weeks (2-3 weeks would be about what I'd expect back then). HB can take a bit longer because it involves quite a few checks but it would have been fully backdated. She certainly wouldn't have been well off but if she hadn't delayed claiming for ages in order to play the martyr she'd have been a good deal better off than she was. If she'd really been sensible and worked something out with the fire service she could have been in line for working tax credits and help with childcare costs but she chose to throw away a decent job in a tantrum. Any CABx or local money advice service would have helped her through all this every step of the way and could have helped negotiate with any creditors she may have had but she chose not to ask for help.
Re the 5 week delay, I think she may have ret-conned that in as it is now standard, but yours right, pre-UC things were sometimes slower than ideal but it wasn't baked in like it is now.

What happened to little Harry, that was only 10 years ago? So many pets lost but so much crap held onto 😪

• Sad
Reactions: 31
I wanted to answer the eternal question: how many times has Jack Monroe moved house?

In doing so, I also found that the crappy bungalow may, in fact, not be the first place that Jack considers to truly be a home...

October 2011: Jack breaks up with her partner & moves out into "executive luxury apartment"

(can't find receipt right now, sorry)

October 2012: Jack moves into the flat with the mirrored tiles in the kitchen, seen in many early Poverty news stories

View attachment 1116108

View attachment 1116112

MAY 2013: Jack is moving into a shared house

View attachment 1116131

JULY 2013: Jack has moved

View attachment 1116132

(Incidentally, I know some Frauen believe that Jack moved back home at this time. I read some of her blog comments that indicate that she didn't, but I can't find them right now. She could be lying, but I'll assume she isn't. For once.)

OCTOBER 2013: Jack has moved out and is now living with the Mrs Jack of the day

View attachment 1116152

source: https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2013/oct/02/jack-monroe-creative-recipes-tight-budget

Interlude: in December 2013, she has a guitar that has moved house with her 12 times. Didn't sell that, then?

View attachment 1116212

source: https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2013/12/31/a-pretty-good-year-reflections-on-2013/

We have a lack of info now. We know she moved in with Allegra in mid-2014, breaking up with the previous Mrs J some time before then.

SUMMER 2015: Jack breaks up with Allegra and moves into a flat, her "ideal home"

View attachment 1116220

She is slow to decorate it.

View attachment 1116227

She eventually acquires a bed.

View attachment 1116225

AUGUST 2016: Jack moves into a house, her "dream home"

View attachment 1116236

She proceeds to trash the place.

View attachment 1116238

Still there in 2017...
View attachment 1116239

Trashing continues for some time.

View attachment 1116241

Can you believe that the picture below is Jack DECLUTTERING?! 🤯

View attachment 1116245

JUNE 2018: Jack moves into a bungalow (not the crappy bungalow). It's "perfect" and "feels like home", unlike her last two dream homes

View attachment 1116250

She seems to really like it.

View attachment 1116251

FEBRUARY 2019: the crappy bungalow

View attachment 1116253

In conclusion:

1) Flat with partner
2) Executive luxury apartment
3) Mirror kitchen
4) House share
5) Flat with then-fiancée

??????? (she must have moved home 15+ times in 2014, according to her own moving stats)

6) Allegra's home
7) Flat
8) House
9) Bungalow
10) crappy bungalow

I need a new hobby 🙃
Thank you, Colouredy L, for all that you do.
I see in an early flat move she “hung up the dressing up outfits, a reminder we can be whoever we want” well, quite.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I don't need much. I'll just have the badly-painted magimix as it matches my hair

and a few rolls of wallpaper to write out her to do list. oh, and some highlighters to colour it all in

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.