Jack Monroe #268 May I ask where you work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
17.2k replies and half of them are her saying:
God tier sandwich right there;
I had that on toast literally yesterday;
Ooft;
Did you put the crisps IN the sandwich too?

get a bleeping grip on yourself Jack.
Imagine your entire lifes work being sarnies and being a professional bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Of course her secret dream job is on the telly; she would never want anything that didn’t give her maximum exposure.
Also: Loose Women 😂🤭😲an odious bunch of harridan’s. She would fit right in.
That show makes me sick to the core.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Do you know what winds me up? The phrase 'certain corner of the internet'. Just say it Jack, you know you want to. 👋 👀
I’m convinced she can’t enjoy her narc high from the squigs anymore, she has to try and generate discussion here for maximum payoff.

Jack Monroe encourages her readers to put sticky wet French toast directly onto the worktop. 🤢
Because poors can’t afford plates 😢

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Well I for one hope that the interview for the dream forever job is Loose women . Estimated fee of £3000 per show, and as they’ve been very vocal about how everyone on the panel is paid equally, Jack couldn’t pull the “ oh everyone else is getting paid ? I’m not even getting expenses, I’m just so passionate about issues that effect women” bullshit. Plus there would be a guaranteed argument every show where regardless of the topic, Jack would have personal experience of it , but obviously her experiences would be eleventified because she is a single non binary mama papa from a deprived background, bravely campaigning for equal access to value smart price snacks and lilac Mercedes.

Not to be picky but do onscreen “ talent” interview for roles ? Wouldn’t it be an audition or screen test , in tv parlance ?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
So she’s dropped the nutrition degree and the part time job then? Lasted what, 2 weeks? If that. 😂 Jack has neither a voice for radio and isn’t good on telly. Maybe it’s a job at ASDA? As chief shelf stacker ? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The big job interview today huh?! We’ll never find out what it’s for (because she’ll duck up and won’t get the job) so it’s nice to speculate.

I’m going for a role in Eastenders and her fall yesterday was a rehearsal.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Whilst searching to see if she’d posted (and not deleted) details of her dream job before on Twitter I came across this. TW, because…

talk of being abducted as a child?! 😲
C4FAC0D7-7568-4403-8A85-0944A31D646C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Right I'm going for one of the following.

1. Guest presenter on Have I got News for You
2. Loose Women
3. Some reality bobbins (I'm including celebrity competitions here)
4. Antiques Roadshow (getting a valuation for her tired old tale of woe)
5. Bit part in Eastenders as a scrappy little stall holder who trips over an escaped sausage dog and is mates with Janine Butcher or whoever is in it now.
6. Strictly Come Dancing

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I know I voted for CDWM as the secret thing but I really hope it’s Strictly. I know it’s so early in the year it won’t be that but I can just imagine Aljaz’s face when she tells him she can stand on her tiptoes for 15 minutes because she did ballet when she was young.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I really hope it's TV. Or her own YouTube channel funded by Iceland. The news is so awful atm and I crave comedy.

My sandwiches are excellent but I'm sure as flip not giving my ideas to her. Why are stupid people essentially writing her book for her?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Mrs T went off with a banana, an apple and a vegan baby bel.

She’s just loving this thread atm.

😖.

Please let Jack be on MAFS Aussie. Please.
Hmmm, they could be scouting her although filming is toward the end of the year. We've already had the lesbian couple marriage which fell apart within one day as one of the ladies got the ick badly.
Jack would get ripped apart by the women and ignored by the men, could be good for a laugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I can’t believe she ‘completed it mate’ to Nigella.

Why is everything a book. Whatever conversation she has about food ends up with ‘that’ll be in my next book’. Don’t food writers (I don’t include her in that) sometimes have conversations about food, eat stuff, cook things just for the hell of it.
I still can’t believe anyone else will give her another book unless they are contractually obliged.

Reactions: 38
On a grunk so not sure where it will land, but I wish my real full time job in the real world allowed me to ‘work’ 80 hours a week thinking what I might put in a bleeping sandwich for my next imaginary big book of slop. Jack would not last 5 minutes in a real job. Shut up Jack, file your accounts and transparently donate the profits of your ‘riot wear’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.