Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1089069I was innocently scrolling LinkedIn and found something more barf inducing than the usual nonsense on there. I can’t keep up with the threads so I’m sorry if these have already been posted!View attachment 1089069View attachment 1089071View attachment 1089072View attachment 1089073View attachment 1089074View attachment 1089075View attachment 1089076View attachment 1089077View attachment 1089078View attachment 1089079View attachment 1089080
And in Ukraine ordinary people of all ages are meeting up and making Molotov cocktails to stop the Russians taking over their country. Think we need to think about that squigs instead of calling a feckless grifter a legend 😖😖

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
My feeling with Jack is that she is still the pretty and acceptable face of poverty for the middle classes who like to talk about poverty but who do t really understand it.
This includes notable names …some of who should know better.

it’s for this reason that when they need a quick nod to their credentials they dig out Jack and so her followers increase. …for a while.

Those of us who have suspected BS a for years can only stand back and watch while shaking our heads at the madness if it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Oh my, I seem to have missed a good old singalong today. And possibly the stickiest, most mawkish, claggiest hagiographical LinkedIn claptrap in the history of social media. To think that people actually put this pustulent oligosaccharide under their own names in conjunction with seeking work? It's worse than all the 'oh, my boss is sooooo fantastic, I can't wait to go in for another 194 hours' long meeting regarding the procuration of paperclips and the curious incident of the Turd in the Decaf Coffee Jar because we are so happy in our Tosspots and Petit Napoleons plc Family and Getting It Done' shite that's been spewed up on the site.

I'm really not a very knowledgeable frau so apologies in advance... But can charitable donations be used in your annual tax self assessment to reduce the amount of tax you have to pay?
Interesting. NB: I am not a tax frau.

1645892520000.png

Unfortunately for grifters it doesn't appear that it can be used to offset previous debts to HMRC, though. But it might write off a Racist Mayonnaise or Slaver Pineapple Company's payments from the past financial year. And you do actually have to make the full donation and evidence it.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I'm really not a very knowledgeable frau so apologies in advance... But can charitable donations be used in your annual tax self assessment to reduce the amount of tax you have to pay?
A higher rate taxpayer can use it because they get the extra 20% tax relief. The charity would claim 20% as gift aid but higher rate taxpayers pay 40% so can claim the additional 20%. So it would only benefit her in that way. 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I cannae hold it, Cap’n. She’s gonnae blow!

View attachment 1089282
Screenshot_20220226-171033_Samsung Internet.jpg

She reminds me of Patrick Moore as the GamesMaster here (for younger Frauen, it was a gaming show back in the 90s where gamers who were stuck on their latest game and didn't have WiFi had to write in and ask for help from the GamesMaster, who had quite obviously never played a game in his life and had no idea what he was talking about). Imagine the Jack version!

"Hi JackMaster, I'm stuck on level 7 of Super Grifter Gal. Can you give me some tips to beat the Taxman boss?"

"It's a kilowatt hour! I love facts! Just chop it teeny tiny smally small smol and bung it in a curry or fold into a casserole, chilli, soup, stew or daal."

"Um...thank you so much, JackMaster, but that wasn't really the tip I was looking for..."

"Right, that's my work day done. Speaking of tips, if you want to help me to continue giving my expert advice, my PayPal details are on the screen. Thankyou."

*zap*

Screenshot_20220226-172505_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I've just watched Boiling Point with Stephen Graham playing a chef. It opened with an Environmental Health inspection and I'm imagining Jack in that situation :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Sorry to quote myself but I feel so harsh writing this now but I can't delete.

I wasn't mocking SB or even Jack really but the squig in question. If Jack's house sale happened as described, anyone who knowingly buys essential items like that from someone who is truly on their arse, just to save themselves not even a fiver compared to buying a couple of cheap new pasta bowls from wilko or asda, should be ashamed of themselves. And bragging about it ten years later is just weird.
Please don't feel bad! The open house sale really did happen (covered in local press), but, well, not as Jack tells it. She had amassed a load of fancy stuff - she has mentioned Wedgewood and Denby - and was selling that.

Of course it would be grotesque to buy someone's half-used lightbulbs, children's toys, or second-hand Asda plates, but it wasn't like that at all.

(As a sidenote, she apparently sold her smartphone and had to go back to using a Nokia or whatever. Her first Instagram account was opened a couple of weeks later. How she managed to take the photos remains a mystery...)

ETA: Jack apparently made 3000£ from the sale, which is a good indication of how much expensive stuff she had - look around your house and try to guess what you'd have to sell to make that much. It's a lot of money for second-hand things.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
I thought the cabal might enjoy this article. Whilst it is a tad OT, It’s lovely and the conclusion perfectly sums up just why Southends finest will NEVER be able to produce a nice plate of food - like a proper chef would. It’s the exact opposite of her “one and done” bollocks and is like an antidote to Miss Little England’s nonsense. Plus, whilst our Slop Queen is quiet, we can read something nice for the soul.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Please don't feel bad! The open house sale really did happen (covered in local press), but, well, not as Jack tells it. She had amassed a load of fancy stuff - she has mentioned Wedgewood and Denby - and was selling that.

Of course it would be grotesque to buy someone's half-used lightbulbs, children's toys, or second-hand Asda plates, but it wasn't like that at all.

(As a sidenote, she apparently sold her smartphone and had to go back to using a Nokia or whatever. Her first Instagram account was opened a couple of weeks later. How she managed to take the photos remains a mystery...)

ETA: Jack apparently made 3000£ from the sale, which is a good indication of how much expensive stuff she had - look around your house and try to guess what you'd have to sell to make that much. It's a lot of money for second-hand things.
I reacted to this with a 😲 - in part due to everything you’ve said, but also 😲 at a young woman in her early 20s buying Wedgwood and Denby 🤦🏻‍♀️
She’s a young fogey.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

I've just checked my household insurance and it's 27,000€ for a three bedroomed house (yes, I'm weird and like having stuff like insurance). If I can replace the entire contents of my house for this in 2022 what the duck was Jack selling 10 years ago?

Reactions: 36
View attachment 1089504

She reminds me of Patrick Moore as the GamesMaster here (for younger Frauen, it was a gaming show back in the 90s where gamers who were stuck on their latest game and didn't have WiFi had to write in and ask for help from the GamesMaster, who had quite obviously never played a game in his life and had no idea what he was talking about). Imagine the Jack version!

"Hi JackMaster, I'm stuck on level 7 of Super Grifter Gal. Can you give me some tips to beat the Taxman boss?"

"It's a kilowatt hour! I love facts! Just chop it teeny tiny smally small smol and bung it in a curry or fold into a casserole, chilli, soup, stew or daal."

"Um...thank you so much, JackMaster, but that wasn't really the tip I was looking for..."

"Right, that's my work day done. Speaking of tips, if you want to help me to continue giving my expert advice, my PayPal details are on the screen. Thankyou."

*zap*

View attachment 1089506
Have you seen the reboot with Trevor McDonald as The GamesMaster? It's unsettling.

Also head in a jar Jack is my absolute favourite thing to come out of these threads in a while, it's just hilariously absurd.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I like how, with each airing, jack in a jar looks more and more like distortbot's had a go at her

• Haha
Reactions: 27

It’s even more insane as wasn’t she living in a flat at the time? And obviously in her early 20s? Idk if things have changed from THEN but NOW reselling stuff is tough, outside of electronics or things that appreciate in value (quality classic “luxury” fashion items not Diesel scribble pleather jackets, old or limited edition records/books/whatever but even then it’s a small market for it) you’re really talking a few quid per item if that? Even furniture is so hard to sell as you need access to a van to shift it & it’s so cheap new, with cheap/free delivery!

Reactions: 30
I've just checked my household insurance and it's 27,000€ for a three bedroomed house (yes, I'm weird and like having stuff like insurance). If I can replace the entire contents of my house for this in 2022 what the duck was Jack selling 10 years ago?
Please check you're not under insured, that seems a very low figure.

View attachment 1089504

*zap*

View attachment 1089506
Why did I read this as Patrick Stewart

• Haha
Please check you're not under insured, that seems a very low figure.
It's fine, I have a small non-UK house. But I could have replaced everything in my last house in the south of England for that amount, Jack must have sold so much stuff to raise 3k that I don't believe it was true.
@colouredlines , can you find the article from the Southend Echo, I had a look but couldn't see it?

Reactions: 21
Potential tax/charity fraud Jack is one I am eagerly looking forward to this week.

obviously I hope she proves us all wrong and the trussell trust get their £10k cheque along with the other charities as even though I think the shirts were horrible the people who donated did with the best intentions.
She seems to have become emboldened lately to call out various tories and their potential tax affairs and I think this is because even if she does get caught out there will be squiggs who will say it is ok that she doesn’t pay tax etc because she “does good”

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.