Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1089069I was innocently scrolling LinkedIn and found something more barf inducing than the usual nonsense on there. I can’t keep up with the threads so I’m sorry if these have already been posted!View attachment 1089069View attachment 1089071View attachment 1089072View attachment 1089073View attachment 1089074View attachment 1089075View attachment 1089076View attachment 1089077View attachment 1089078View attachment 1089079View attachment 1089080
Heroic? Oh come on squiggle, even if she did manage to convince Asda to cut their prices (she hasn't) how the hell is that 'heroic'?
Idiots.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1089069I was innocently scrolling LinkedIn and found something more barf inducing than the usual nonsense on there. I can’t keep up with the threads so I’m sorry if these have already been posted!View attachment 1089069View attachment 1089071View attachment 1089072View attachment 1089073View attachment 1089074View attachment 1089075View attachment 1089076View attachment 1089077View attachment 1089078View attachment 1089079View attachment 1089080
Hang on - Jack had pasta dishes?

Full size pasta dishes. I thought she only had side plates

• Haha
Reactions: 32
"A bargain they were! Unfortunately someone else got to the boy's teddy bear first"
Sorry to quote myself but I feel so harsh writing this now but I can't delete.

I wasn't mocking SB or even Jack really but the squig in question. If Jack's house sale happened as described, anyone who knowingly buys essential items like that from someone who is truly on their arse, just to save themselves not even a fiver compared to buying a couple of cheap new pasta bowls from wilko or asda, should be ashamed of themselves. And bragging about it ten years later is just weird.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
The more I think about the DEAD PEOPLE CANT RIOT merchandise, the more sick I feel.
I suppose it shows ignorance on my part, that it feels worse given the current situation in Ukraine - especially as war and killing is always at someone’s doorstep; but as it stands it’s just brought to light how many people are needlessly killed.
It shouldn’t have taken the invasion of a country for me to fully appreciate how wrong this slogan was, but then I’m not the one printing it and selling it in the name of charity.
I also continue to be so disappointed in those who have bought this shite; as well as all the consumer issues around environmental impact/pollution/buying needless items etc, there’s also the massive elephant in the room that they could simply have donated a figure to the TT or another charity without having it emblazoned across their chests.

Do something good, and don’t tell anyone about it. Why is that so difficult?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I get more annoyed with the arselicking fuckwit swigs🥕 than I do with the snivelling shapeshifter sometimes. How is she a hero??
I have a mental image of squigs looking like Tim Henman fans according to Linda Smith on Room 101.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Hmmm, you follow her closely do you?
Smells like, "There's some flavour of the month over there. Let me have some of that".

From Very British Problems: ❤

View attachment 1089093 View attachment 1089096
Teemill print their shirts. I had an issue with a delayed christmas order for my BIL and it was quickly sorted through their customer service team. They were really great to be honest so I'm surprised they're involved with Jack Geldof and Skive Aid. I can only conclude someone was less than transparent at the initial set-up.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The more I think about the DEAD PEOPLE CANT RIOT merchandise, the more sick I feel.
I suppose it shows ignorance on my part, that it feels worse given the current situation in Ukraine - especially as war and killing is always at someone’s doorstep; but as it stands it’s just brought to light how many people are needlessly killed.
It shouldn’t have taken the invasion of a country for me to fully appreciate how wrong this slogan was, but then I’m not the one printing it and selling it in the name of charity.
I also continue to be so disappointed in those who have bought this shite; as well as all the consumer issues around environmental impact/pollution/buying needless items etc, there’s also the massive elephant in the room that they could simply have donated a figure to the TT or another charity without having it emblazoned across their chests.

Do something good, and don’t tell anyone about it. Why is that so difficult?
I think you're being hard on yourself. Even with everything that is going on in Ukraine at the moment, I'd doubt the vast majority of us are capable of truly understanding what wars and riots are actually like without experiencing them first hand. The real ignorant are the ones proudly wearing those shirts as if a riot is a fun day out.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Omg the musical talent of this cabal is just 😘 I think Mrs Grifter is my favourite.
Jack Monroe is as thick as slop, she needs to keep her snout out of politics.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Teemill print their shirts. I had an issue with a delayed christmas order for my BIL and it was quickly sorted through their customer service team. They were really great to be honest so I'm surprised they're involved with Jack Geldof and Skive Aid. I can only conclude someone was less than transparent at the initial set-up.
I dont think they are involved with her. As far as they are concerned she is just another customer.

Reactions: 25
I think you're being hard on yourself. Even with everything that is going on in Ukraine at the moment, I'd doubt the vast majority of us are capable of truly understanding what wars and riots are actually like without experiencing them first hand.
Unless you have a sibling in the RAF. Then you know exactly what it is like apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
BIB too early…but you know what…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I dont think they are involved with her. As far as they are concerned she is just another customer.
Sorry, I didn't mean they were 'involved' in the apparent "the money was temporarily resting in my amount" situation. They seemed like a great company with a really high standard of customer service and their website is very clear with other charitable collaborations so I'd imagine their channels and process to produce shirts for individuals and registered charities is quite different.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.