Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She could've done some voluntary admin, but exaggerated her role? The charity I used to work as often got students/unemployed people wanting something to do. They weren't qualified for the services we offered but there was always plenty of admin to do which freed paid staff up. They were much appreciated.

Reactions: 33
PA could also mean personal assistant in a care sense rather than an office sense?

I'm gonna vote with no on this being it.
She doesn't have even the slightest whiff of altruism about her. Despite the facard. It's all ME with her from what I have ever seen.

I mean, I may be wrong and will answer to to my wrongdoings on judgement day but I don't think this particular Assumption will be mentioned.

In fact my new favourite PA-ism and thread title submission is:

Pantomime Altruism.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
This is a long shot but if you're reading this Putin can you please sign up to Jack Monroe's Patreon for the lols. Also stop menacing the Ukrainians. Thanks.
With all the Vlad chat on here, I'd be surprised if he isn't a regular poster.
(On a three-day luxury grunk, this may have been said)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I'm not describing what I meant very well, sorry. I'm not thinking of someone who needs personal care, I'm thinking of people with additional needs who just need a bit of extra support with life admin and navigating food shopping and things like that - I've seen charities who provide volunteers to help in that capacity.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I'm not describing what I meant very well, sorry. I'm not thinking of someone who needs personal care, I'm thinking of people with additional needs who just need a bit of extra support with life admin and navigating food shopping and things like that - I've seen charities who provide volunteers to help in that capacity.
I've just only just clicked :LOL:

Reactions: 17
I think she was doing Labour party stuff around this time, she probably started hanging round the office opening the post “oh you don’t need to come again tomorrow Jack, you’ve done enough”

Damn Yankee doodle 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Jack cannot be allowed to go to university. She's precisely the sort of twit that gets about six weeks into their first year and thinks they're an expert in their field and in the unlikely event of her graduating I don't think I could cope with "I literally have a degree in this" every five minutes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Jack cannot be allowed to go to university. She's precisely the sort of twit that gets about six weeks into their first year and thinks they're an expert in their field and in the unlikely event of her graduating I don't think I could cope with "I literally have a degree in this" every five minutes.
She couldn’t even pass a degree in “lived experience” she co-ops so many other people’s personalities and stories

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
PA =
Patreon Advocate
Pleb Accuser
Patronising Asshole
Paramilitary Authority
Promise Avoider
Pejorative Axewound
Permanently Annoying

Send PA-onisms

ETA: where is mini Cooper you Pussycat Annihilator
Pet Abuser

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1089069I was innocently scrolling LinkedIn and found something more barf inducing than the usual nonsense on there. I can’t keep up with the threads so I’m sorry if these have already been posted!View attachment 1089069View attachment 1089071View attachment 1089072View attachment 1089073View attachment 1089074View attachment 1089075View attachment 1089076View attachment 1089077View attachment 1089078View attachment 1089079View attachment 1089080
The vom emoji is a nice colour match for the Asda green.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

I know what you mean, I just can't see Jack being that person.

Back when my dad was still with me, a lovely guy called James, the son of one of his neighbours organised a weekly thing whereby the more abled among us visiting the street (more accurately cul-de-sac) would do the shopping for all the frail old residents. Splitting BOGOF offers between them and bulk buying and splitting random things likes bags of cheap onions etc. It went from like 3 of us to 7 quite quickly.

It was like a little military operation with the best price offers being collated and chosen between the local supermarkets and even smaller places like the premiere shop etc.

Was always a lovely feeling handing a box of groceries over with more change than the recipient expected and being perpetually force fed digestive biscuits and cups of tea every Sunday afternoon.

But and this is where I get back in topic, this would never occur to Jack.

EDIT: Has been a good few year since this was a thing for me but even still, if I was the medias queen of thrift and charity then that is where I would start.
Community means more than charity to those in real need.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
She couldn’t even pass a degree in “lived experience” she co-ops so many other people’s personalities and stories
At times I think she couldn't write "duck" on a dusty Venetian blind.

(Shout-out to the divine Coral Browne for my favourite insult ever)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I thought that too, but given Jack couldn't do paid employment this makes no sense as care workers have to work antisocial hours and she had no childcare?
She also claims she was spending day after day in the public gallery at local council meetings at around this time.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Christ could you imagine her in lectures. Right up the front, hand up every 20 seconds, me me me me me ME ME ME ME. While the rest of the lecture theatre behind her do a collective eye-roll

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
EDIT: Has been a good few year since this was a thing for me but even still, if I was the medias queen of thrift and charity then that is where I would start.
Community means more than charity to those in real need.

Well, I have somehow managed to properly upset myself with my own words. I need to take myself off for a bath and bed. Well done Monroe. Well Done, you got me.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Christ could you imagine her in lectures. Right up the front, hand up every 20 seconds, me me me me me ME ME ME ME. While the rest of the lecture theatre behind her do a collective eye-roll
"ACTUALLY when I was poor *triumphant look to students behind her* I had to eat dust from between the floorboards and make my coffee (which I don't drink) with expensive baby formula that a food bank gave me for no discernible reason. This is something I wrote, It's called Potatoes..."

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Yeah she would be trying to attach herself to something high falootin’ and grandiose
The word Grandiose always reminds me of the song Adios, most famous recently for the version by Glen Campbell, on what was the last album he recorded.

"Our dreams of endless summer / were just too grandiose / Adios"

Doesn't really apply to Jack in any way, but meh, it's a decent song, albeit a bit sad in that instance, given the context.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.