Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smeghead

VIP Member
In part one of Newsnight we spoke to food blogger Jack Monroe who is calling for World War 3 - and she knows all about conflict as her brother is literally in the RAF. In part two, we speak to Joey Essex to find out his take

• Haha
Reactions: 122

ishant

VIP Member
“I know the realities of war, thankyou”

No you don’t. No you don’t. Shut the fuck up

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 115

MancBee

VIP Member
So 8 quote tweets, one sensible one, one troll and 6 stupid squiggles. Fuck off, Jack.View attachment 1086453
"Close family members serving in the Armed Forces" is it Jack? The brother you punched because he told you a few home truths? The brother who wrote about your lies? The brother you never mention or see? The brother that you have nothing to do with, but like to mention when it suits your needs?

I could go on.

• Heart
Reactions: 104

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
'I know the realities of war' 😂
I don't think a brother in the air force means you do ya prune.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I had a chat with a colleague today who ...out of the blue ....told me about her arthritis, ADHD and allergy to tomatoes. Naturally I asked them if they had heard of our plucky heroine, and their response was "oh my god, I love Jack Monroe"

Oh fuck off

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
@TheDragonWithAFlagon as a charity laws frau, can people ask TT how much Mackie has donated? Well, would TT have to tell you I guess I’m asking.

That's the problem. Because she's doing it as a private individual, there isn't a right to know from her as there would be from a registered charity. The whole reason why her non compliance with charities legislation and good practice is problematic.

For TT, they'd potentially be at risk of breaching GDPR if they disclosed it without permission as it relates to a payment from a private individual.

It doesn't hurt to ask, though - as it's a very public collection, it may be seen as important to them commercially to confirm that the donation was made and is in order to avoid an internet hoo-ha about one of their 'faces' raising money for them and then not making the payment. In the interests of transparency, as it were to prevent an impression that TT allow charity scammers in their name. And if they were asked, they would most likely respond with either an answer or 'for reasons of GDPR, we are unable to release this information' whilst contacting JM to ask how to handle this before it all goes Smartprice pearshaped.

It's pretty much how Mom's papa is able to receive funding from unspecified parties Russians and others for his anti environment/climate change denier sceptic thinktank (that also has at least one Russian born billionaire fund manager Trustee who has donated £1.5M to the Tory party and £100K to the Vote Leave campaign plus has been directly involved in some Tory party shenanigans that led to resignations). Essentially, whilst there are laws that dictate political party donations over a certain amount must be public record, there is no such law that requires the same for other organisations such as those registered as charities (link added to show that the information was disclosed by accident Michael Hintze revealed as funder of Lord Lawson's climate thinktank | Climate science scepticism and denial | The Guardian )

In a nutshell, if JM doesn't produce a huge photo of her handing over the money and TT saying 'thank you very much for the £10,000+ donation, Bootstrap Cook', we can assume that she didn't, but wouldn't know for certain. The only way we would definitely hear of it is if TT follow their legal requirement to pursue her for the money through the courts without that, as then the evidence she would have to provide to a court would be of the amount she made through the tacky fascist hoodie website and of the payment made first to her and then by her to TT (and the other unspecified charities).

But surely, you ask, as it must be entirely up front and there is no intention of skimming off a fuckton, forgetting it was resting in her account,The Russians hacked her Go Henry card and stole it all because her brother's so important in military intelligence or The Cabal Have Done It because they're all Vlad sympathisers, it would be beneficial for her to treat it like the photo of upside down tins labelled Jack Monroe and use it for PR?

That is very true and I'm glad you asked me that question.

It would be tragic if 'for the safety and privacy of her family' she didn't disclose the amount raised and subsequently donated, as then that would foster distrust in online charity fundraising and the Trussell Trust in particular. So she'd really have no choice but to be completely transparent rather than damage the TT, fundraising in general and would have to take that step to protect her reputation, which, as we know, is so very, very important to her. After all, her Tory enemies (and a certain Ms Hopkins) would absolutely love it if she were suspected of being a tin can pot charity scammer. And then she couldn't help the Poor because her reputation would be shot to pieces.

Your move, Monroe. We await your announcement with the Trussell Trust confirming the exact sum that was donated, preferably along with the final payments made by Teemill when all can see every penny that was paid to you and where/to whom it has gone. After all, you are aware of the importance of honour what with coming from a military family. Let's be seeing that in action before anybody gets the wrong end of the pointy stick and starts thinking of the sort of headlines the Tory Press would love such as 'Bootstrap Thief' or 'She claimed to raise tens of thousands of pounds for food bank charity - now they are SUEING for the cash'.

• Heart
Reactions: 93

MancBee

VIP Member
So 8 quote tweets, one sensible one, one troll and 6 stupid squiggles. Fuck off, Jack.View attachment 1086453
Jack..."I hate the whole concept of war"

Also Jack..."we should send weapons to Ukraine"

Also Jack..."I have family members in the Armed Forces"

What do you expect the Ukrainian people to do with those weapons if not fight a war, Ya Prune.

She is beyond parody.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 91

Boyo

VIP Member
3D7A2151-96FF-4766-B599-272DF731034D.jpeg

Afternoon, you mithering ninnies. Just popping in from the year 2579 to say that I’ve finished the VBI. It may have taken 557 years to complete but I think you’ll find it’s worth it. I’ve posted an extract below for you, to whet your appetite ready for the full release. Enjoy!

D15FA916-9FA9-4106-A0AB-A32EE6432842.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88

FlowerOfTheEast

VIP Member
I see "You don't have to attend every argument you're invited to" Jack has LEFT.
Also, if I was estranged from my brother (as she allegedly is) I wouldn't be mentioning him on Twitter to make a point. She's a horror.

• Heart
Reactions: 87