Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
all 'profits' will go to charity....

After the £9.900 deduction for 'artistic influence and morning after recovery'

ETA: The devil is in the details

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
It's fine, I have a small non-UK house. But I could have replaced everything in my last house in the south of England for that amount, Jack must have sold so much stuff to raise 3k that I don't believe it was true.
@colouredlines , can you find the article from the Southend Echo, I had a look but couldn't see it?
Here it is: https://web.archive.org/web/2013050...loyed-mum-sells-off-belongings-essex-enquirer

And yes, it is INSANE. Especially considering that she'd already sold her Omega watch months before (and, per Hunger Hurts, sold a load of other stuff before the house sale, too).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
In my early 20s my most expensive possessions were a few items of electronics and a battered(but still beautiful in my eyes) diesel Peugeot 306.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
even if she does get caught out there will be squiggs who will say it is ok that she doesn’t pay tax etc because she “does good”
Yep, they’re convinced she donates all her appearance fees, even though she’s never explicitly said this. Add to it ADHD puppy brain, and Asda lies, and they’ll forgive her anything.

Oh, there’s an article somewhere that says she sold her car, which might make up a chunk of money. Though she’s always maintained she can’t drive 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Here it is: https://web.archive.org/web/2013050...loyed-mum-sells-off-belongings-essex-enquirer

And yes, it is INSANE. Especially considering that she'd already sold her Omega watch months before (and, per Hunger Hurts, sold a load of other stuff before the house sale, too).
Lmao what? Volunteering… as a PA? Even third sector PAs should be permanent PAYE staff surely as there will be a zillion regulation/compliance/privacy/reputational things to consider? So I’m perplexed as to who is so busy they need a PA yet so skint they won’t pay them? Is this the brain/face in a jar Jack time travelling across the bootstrap continuum?

B329E2C3-1E05-4F8B-BF0B-D00F7C141A4A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Jack Monroe 'people say its hard out there' (with a little help from the Essex Examiner) and volunteering as a PA.
She really is comedy gold.
Jack Monroe, never knowingly using an apostrophe since 2012.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
volunteering as a PA
PA =
Patreon Advocate
Pleb Accuser
Patronising Asshole
Paramilitary Authority
Promise Avoider
Pejorative Axewound
Permanently Annoying

Send PA-onisms

ETA: where is mini Cooper you Pussycat Annihilator

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

It was in the local paper and her parents didn’t know????

PA =
Patreon Advocate
Pleb Accuser
Patronising Asshole
Paramilitary Authority
Promise Avoider
Pejorative Axewound
Permanently Annoying

Send PA-onisms
Pulsating hole
Pilfering Antichrist
Predictably Abhorrent

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Lmao what? Volunteering… as a PA? Even third sector PAs should be permanent PAYE staff surely as there will be a zillion regulation/compliance/privacy/reputational things to consider? So I’m perplexed as to who is so busy they need a PA yet so skint they won’t pay them? Is this the brain/face in a jar Jack time travelling across the bootstrap continuum?

View attachment 1089681
Jack volunteering as a PA probably means she popped round her mum's to give her a hand.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I know it's all been said before but the "yard sale" always makes me titter

she had to sell her precious denby and wedgewood and only made £3k to keep the burly workmen breaking in to install a meter wolf from the door 🥺

pie jesu, when I was 24, my most expensive possession was my nokia 5300

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
PA could also mean personal assistant in a care sense rather than an office sense?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
PA could also mean personal assistant in a care sense rather than an office sense?
She probably meant it as being a mother. She was SB's PA.

(Jack, you lie about everything, it's a reasonable assumption).

• Haha
Reactions: 40
hadn’t considered this at all I’m so sorry for making light of what would be a lovely way to spend your time (not that you need to work to contribute to society or whatever other weird Tory bollocks was in that blog)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I thought that too, but given Jack couldn't do paid employment this makes no sense as care workers have to work antisocial hours and she had no childcare?

Reactions: 27
hadn’t considered this at all I’m so sorry for making light of what would be a lovely way to spend your time (not that you need to work to contribute to society or whatever other weird Tory bollocks was in that blog)
I wouldn’t apologise, it’s a lie anyway. The U.K. is always crying out for care workers. Why didn’t she do that? Beneath her, perhaps?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hey guys, what's the haps with the pixie? She gone viral with her ear antics yet, as Vlad retreated because she said came out of her bubble with some "real lived" war stories.

Didn't think so.

Just home from a busy day, glad to see she's been quiet, I hope that the boy has bee. Treated to some food out, out and other fun things.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.