Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it so weird that this is one of the few things she was honest about. Like, WHY would you admit to doing something so stupid, when literally no-one else would have known otherwise.
Knowing her, probably trying to play both sides. She can't handle the slightest push back on anything so saying she's in effect neutral keeps her out the fight. The only thing she ever pushes back on is stuff personal to her and her grift (my grandfather is DEAD, Potatoes etc).

Reactions: 31
That's the problem. Because she's doing it as a private individual, there isn't a right to know from her as there would be from a registered charity.
I know it's been said 1000x before on here but you'd think the squigs would get this. Why regularly donate to help those in need via proxy instead of giving the money to charities themselves?

A quick look at her website and her most recent post to me looks to be from 2018, but if her Patreons are supporting her recipe writing work and allowing her to provide them for free, shouldn't maintaining and updating the site that provides those free recipes be priority number one?

Also, her Patreon says she does free work for 'for dozens of food organisations and NGOs tackling poverty' as well as school talks, but she doesn't list which organisations these are? Maybe it's behind her Patreon paywall, but if I was going to give money to someone I'd want to know that information up front.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
O/T: So I’ve not watched Mary McCartney’s cooking show but based on her approach on SK of ‘not using a million ingredients’ and showing how ‘easy’ vegetarian food can be is quite refreshing compared to Jack’s 90% vegan approach. Also no slop.

What time do we think War Jack will rise? Or will we will be spared today and get some much needed respite?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
O/T: So I’ve not watched Mary McCartney’s cooking show but based on her approach on SK of ‘not using a million ingredients’ and showing how ‘easy’ vegetarian food can be is quite refreshing compared to Jack’s 90% vegan approach. Also no slop.

What time do we think War Jack will rise? Or will we will be spared today and get some much needed respite?
I think the next Jack will be Peace Jack. That means one or more of the following hilarious things will happen: a sad face selfie with a Ukrainian flag painted on her cheek- this will be tweeted at Vlad Mate, a poem about the horrors of war, a song, a Jack version of a Ukrainian recipe or Jack and Coops holding a Jock and Yoko style bed in for peace. I also anticipate sporadic Tweets from Investigative Journo Jack "In 2018, Pritti Patel was seen ordering a Black Russian cocktail in a pub- cui bono????", "That Man has a recipe for smoked salmon blinis on his website and has praised Nigel Farage. Remind me- do we still hang traitors? :sneaky:", "I see the haunted Victorian coat rack once ate at a Russian restaurant- joining the dots is SUCH fun". We really need some sort of ranking system for the many residents of New Jack crappy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55

War Jack is busy using her extensive military knowledge to form International Brigades to help Ukraine. Step One: buy vintage weapons on ebay. Two Step: nap.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I have been writing war time songs for Jack to sing and cheer the troops that (in her opinion) should be sent to Ukraine.

There'll be bluebirds over
Southend's fields of clover
Tomorrow just you wait and see.
The Ukraine Russian border
will be back in order
and all my recipes are free.

We are overdue a sing song. Anyone else want to join me? I love a Cabal knees up.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
It's a long way to make some money
It's a long way from home
It's a long way to make some money
To the forever home I go
Goodbye honest work
Goodbye solid food
It's a long long way to make some money
But my heart is here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Underneath the porch light
I'd photograph the plate
You'll always remember
For your food you'd have to wait.
'Twas there that you whispered tenderly
That you wanted to be free
You didn't want to be
My LJC of the lamplight
My own Louisa Mrs J

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
What is all of the fuss about the word outwith? It's a perfectly normal everyday word, think phrases like it is outwith my control.

Is it because I am Scottish? The real type of Scottish who used to go over Jack's favourite bridge twice a week before the pandemic?
Also don't really understand the outwith faff. Very normal word.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Pack up your blender in your old kit bag
and grift, grift, grift.
Whilst you've got Patreons to buy your fags
and give you money as a gift.
What's the use of worrying
They know I'm a spendthrift
So pack up your blender in your old kit back
and grift, grift, grift

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Pack up your tweets in your old tiggy( and Bo) bag
And snide, snide, snide,
While you've a slow cooked tea drag
Snide as that's your style
What's the use in trying
It never was worthwhile
So pack up your tweets in your old tiggy ( and Bo ) bag

And snide, snide,snide,

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
All I wanna do is-
And a-
And take your money
All I wanna do is-
And a-
And take your money
All I wanna do is-
And a-
And take your money
All I wanna do is-
And a-
And take your money

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
To gather the money, you gotta go grift
Do you see the lights on or the darkness begin?
You clean your drawers, I won't wipe a knife
You pay your taxes, I SHAN'T pay mine.

It's just tweets, it's not the end of slop
For a forever home, it's never enough
Oh it's never enough.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
We'll grift again
Don't care where
Don't care when
But I know we'll grift again some sunny day
Keep gurning through
Just like you always do
'Till the tip jar drives the dark clouds far away

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
There’ll be grift birds over
The white-winger cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow, just you wait and see
There’ll be slops and prunes
And sad fraus singing tunes
Tomorrow, just praise her LJC

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.