Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No tit! Thanks for that. I've only been here since last March. If she (or anyone else) needs more tank facts, I can recommend the Tank Museum at Bovington. It's very interesting, if you like that sort of thing. It's also close to other attractions. As they say, "What could possibly go wrong?"

View attachment 1087830
Finally here in real time again and was not expecting this - I have been to both these places! Full flashback to childhood holidays which centred mostly around my dad's military obsession ... despite the fact that he was about as military as Jack. Tank Dad if you will.

Tank Dad was also fond of tinned potatoes and cooked rarely but when he did it was slop. Oh LJC, am I SB?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Only Jack Monroe could make a Russian invasion of Ukraine all about the British government.

It's ironic that such a staunch Remainer (right up until she spoiled her ballot...) has no clue whatsoever about the world beyond her island.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
Only Jack Monroe could make a Russian invasion of Ukraine all about the British government.

It's ironic that such a staunch Remainer (right up until she spoiled her ballot...) has no clue whatsoever about the world beyond her island.
She has no clue about the world beyond the walls of the crappy bungalow.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I find it so weird that this is one of the few things she was honest about. Like, WHY would you admit to doing something so stupid, when literally no-one else would have known otherwise.

Reactions: 44
I've been so consumed with rage about her abject nonsense today. I don't know how she's managed to be more full of bullshit than she usually is, but she's done it.

Reactions: 33
She admits to doing stupid things because she is stupid and (ironically) believes they make her look clever. It's honestly a bit worrying that she's just allowed to be out in society living her life and rinsing squigs when she's so completely, irredeemably, astoundingly, forensically and peripatetically idiotic. She's def the type to take an online IQ test and post the results to Facebook saying she's a 140+ IQ genius.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I find it so weird that this is one of the few things she was honest about. Like, WHY would you admit to doing something so stupid, when literally no-one else would have known otherwise.
do I want to know? I probably don’t want to know do I. But tell me pls

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Imagine thinking that swamp full of raw chicken is fit for human consumption. Then imagine the same thing but you write cookery books.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I spent so long writing my post that the thread closed without me so I'm copying it over to here because I believe it to be of highest importance (what ego? Hmmm?)

Outwith, the only place I have ever seen it used is on mumsnet.
The other word they use a lot is 'think', when describing a scenario: 'I made lunch for my male friend, think lots of innuendo, trying to be nigella and failing miserably' or 'i dyed my hair today, think sumptuous red and oodles of coconut oil'
not the most succinct explanation but I have covid and my brain is more mush than usual.

Whilst continuing the Mumsnet derail, lots of them also use the spelling que when they mean cue 'i made brown slop today, que the postman's greedy sniffing nose outside my door'

and , per say instead of per se 'i'm not a lesbian per say but it comes in handy when I want to appeal to a core group of people, think, bandwagon jumping and striving desperately for an identity. Que stamping and booting open train doors when I don't get the attention I crave'

Also that vile phrase 'i'd rip them a new one'

And finally, for a long time the mn regulars would say 'suck it up' about any and every sad story from non regulars.

Probably many more but these are the ones that grind my gears the most.
I don't really use it much now I've found tattle, my spiritual home
Mumsnet are more of a cabal than we will ever be.
What is all of the fuss about the word outwith? It's a perfectly normal everyday word, think phrases like it is outwith my control.

Is it because I am Scottish? The real type of Scottish who used to go over Jack's favourite bridge twice a week before the pandemic?

Has someone kept a note of dates and screenshots fromthe T-shirt site? All mentions of charity are gone now so all profits go to her. I want to make sure she can produce accounts publicly for the dates she said all money was going to charity.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Imagine a corner of the commercial bin out the back of the worst restaurant in your town, that's that stew.
I read this to the tune of That’s Amore.

We really did all lose our tit over that song last year didn’t we. It feels like a fever dream now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I read this to the tune of That’s Amore.

We really did all lose our tit over that song last year didn’t we. It feels like a fever dream now.
I did too!
Loving a bit of “that’s your stew, that is” as well though

When your stew looks like stagnant water
It don’t look like it ought’ta
That’s a-mole

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
What is all of the fuss about the word outwith? It's a perfectly normal everyday word, think phrases like it is outwith my control.

Is it because I am Scottish? The real type of Scottish who used to go over Jack's favourite bridge twice a week before the pandemic?

Has someone kept a note of dates and screenshots fromthe T-shirt site? All mentions of charity are gone now so all profits go to her. I want to make sure she can produce accounts publicly for the dates she said all money was going to charity.
The big one is 4th March. That's when she gets the £10,000 she raised from the weird fascist t-shirts. That's all going to the Trussell Trust. Anything earned over and above that or in Jock Jack parlance "outwith" that goes to other charities she's yet to reveal.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.