Jack Monroe #262 Why you cry? No WiFi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trying to impress them with her tank facts.
I must have missed tank facts. Is this relevant at all?

I was looking up Colonel Blimp yesterday (because elderly stepfather needs in-home care :rolleyes: ) who was, for those who have never come across him, the protagonist in a satirical cartoon from the 1930s; pompous, irascible, jingoistic, and stereotypically British. The cartoonist claimed that he developed the character after overhearing two military men in a Turkish bath declare that cavalry officers should be entitled to wear their spurs inside tanks.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I must have missed tank facts. Is this relevant at all?

I was looking up Colonel Blimp yesterday (because elderly stepfather needs in-home care :rolleyes: ) who was, for those who have never come across him, the protagonist in a satirical cartoon from the 1930s; pompous, irascible, jingoistic, and stereotypically British. The cartoonist claimed that he developed the character after overhearing two military men in a Turkish bath declare that cavalry officers should be entitled to wear their spurs inside tanks.
Not really but it's an excellent and amusing tank fact. Our smol military pixie was on Twitter ages ago wanting tank facts for something she was working on. You'll be amazed to learn that whatever it was has never materialised.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
By supporting my Patreon you're giving me space to create the work that really drives me - the free recipes on my website and allllll the admin work that that entails, the charity work I do for free for dozens of food organisations and NGOs tackling poverty, the school talks, the good stuff that makes a difference but doesn't pay the bills.
That's utterly shameless.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Ah, GCSE politics Jack is back. I wish she'd go back to inexplicable eggs in bowls. It's another twisting of words. They are not funded by Russian donors. They received some donations from people / companies linked to Russia. Subtle but probably important in this context. Or is it disingenuous? Or mendacious? Can't wait till she discovers discombobulated in the dictionary.

I'm hoping the publisher is excited because this is the last book of the deal. I don't see where this book is aimed now we all have Google. Apart from Jack who only has internet on the second Tuesday of the month, and when there is a chance to be on TV. Or Cooper needs deploying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I volunteer my time. She's right it doesn't pay the bills but that's not why I do it. I work and use my spare time to volunteer because I like helping people and I am not a complete witch !

• Heart
Reactions: 52
If she is that offended by some of our MPs receiving money from Russian donors then she really shouldn’t have a duck tonne of Apple products sitting in the crappy bungalow.

They essentially bent the rules on preloaded apps for Russia which then set quite a troublesome precedent.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Not really but it's an excellent and amusing tank fact. Our smol military pixie was on Twitter ages ago wanting tank facts for something she was working on. You'll be amazed to learn that whatever it was has never materialised.
No tit! Thanks for that. I've only been here since last March. If she (or anyone else) needs more tank facts, I can recommend the Tank Museum at Bovington. It's very interesting, if you like that sort of thing. It's also close to other attractions. As they say, "What could possibly go wrong?"

4691tij3rue11.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
One of the lines the right used to habitually trot out was "the politics of envy". It was a risible take but one that was fairly successful in that in was hard not to get drawn into explaining that no you're not envious of their car but honestly believe that society would run better if everyone had a decent chance of bettering their lot. However I cannot help but note it always comes back to personal wealth with Jack, she's not angry at the possibility of corruption it's the fact the designated enemy (Tories) were given money that eats her up. She's really in no position to lecture anyone about morality in their financial dealings. Face it, she'd burn down a food bank if the price was right.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Wow, another hot take...on an article dated 23rd July 2020! A free tip - when you are completely irrelevant to the topic in question probably best not to flag that up with foolish tweets. You can't even correctly quote what you're apparently highlighting - ludicrous! Care to elaborate? No, I guess it's all a bit too complicated.

She has had nothing useful or decent to say today. An empathy and compassion vacuum. Makes me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
That makes me so cross. I'm a patreon supporter for a true crime podcast and they do extra episodes for supporters as well as competitions and a book group. They also send out stickers and badges etc. One of the presenters took a break for maternity leave so it wasn't really possible for the co-host to keep the normal podcast and all the extra episodes coming for a while and they were both so apologetic about it. And without (not out with) any need as they always provide so much content. With Jack all you get is vague, empty promises of content or post cards to arrive sometime never.
Crime junkies!! That's how Patreon should work!! Ashley ...knew she was about to have a baby ( oddly 😂), so made extra episodes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
"I'm not very well at all" . As opposed to what, exactly?!
We've all noticed she seems to get ill after a tweet-and-delete session. Sometimes I remember something embarrassing/regrettable I've done in the past, it makes me feel a bit sick. I'm currently thinking (and internally cringing) about the time I said "love you, bye" on the phone to my accountant anyway, I wonder if these poorly episodes after her tweetathons are simply embarrassment/shame

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
We've all noticed she seems to get ill after a tweet-and-delete session. Sometimes I remember something embarrassing/regrettable I've done in the past, it makes me feel a bit sick. I'm currently thinking (and internally cringing) about the time I said "love you, bye" on the phone to my accountant anyway, I wonder if these poorly episodes after her tweetathons are simply embarrassment/shame
Jack is completely shameless.

And as she tweets about her every bodily function and body part, shares photo's that would make a stripper blush, I doubt she could ever feel embarrassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.