Jack Monroe #256 The Da Vinci Code is easier to solve than her timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This is all of us waiting for the Voluminous Bosoms Index while Jack provides hot takes on events from 2013.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Omg I've never read the beer garden story before but I am properly 🦉 🍾

Recording on your phone, in your back pocket, would just produce a lot of audio of arse against denim 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Says Jack, who was running all over Southend in search of a chip shop WHEN SHE HAD COVID. 🙄
And going to "very important meetings" in person/buying copies of the Daily Express from a newsagent while she/LJC were symptomatic, if her own stated Covid timeline is to be believed.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Oh for gods sake, Jackanory, shut up and stop with you and your “notes” - you know nothing about what went on in other peoples houses during lockdown. Why do you think you speak for the sodding nation all the time? Don’t be opening your mouth on my account.
I know for a fact that two massive parties happened on my street during lockdown. I wasn't invited ( wouldn't have went anyway) there was lots of bad people there, police came... There was fist fights... The street had at least 12 police cars by the end of the night. So *Whispers* people did have parties!*

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Retweeting yourself?
Bit gauche

especially when it’s complete bollocks

• Haha
Reactions: 54
View attachment 1054885
Here you go, just in case you're tempted...
Her phrasing is so weird. "This recipe may look a little impetuous, or at the very least unappetising" - what? That means "this recipe looks like it was done impulsively, but also perhaps unappetising." Which... makes no sense.

I know I shouldn't expect her to write anything even vaguely meaningful, but for goodness' sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Why does everything she makes have to be very very soft and squishy.

Also - whole garlic cloves!? Does she actually have any tastebuds?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Rachel Roddy's recipe(s) for pasta e ceci are genuinely great, if anyone wants to excise that demon from their consciousness.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Is it safe to come out yet? Has she shut up for 5 minutes?
Has the Vast Bloomers Index dropped yet?
Will this be more disappointing than Titmas?
How many substitutions will I have in my shopping today? Sorry, I'm getting a bit giddy with it all! :p

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Cook ready cooked ingredients for 50 minutes.

I can see why Jack doesn't add fuel costs to her pricing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Can’t wait to see what methodology she’s used. I expect she’ll have done a 116 page manual explaining this in detail, like the ONS did for the CPI.
🙂
Jack reading this and taking notes - 'tit.' 'Methodology'. Must use that'.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Her phrasing is so weird. "This recipe may look a little impetuous, or at the very least unappetising" - what? That means "this recipe looks like it was done impulsively, but also perhaps unappetising." Which... makes no sense.

I know I shouldn't expect her to write anything even vaguely meaningful, but for goodness' sake.
I love how even she admits her food looks foul!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I love how even she admits her food looks foul!
Indeed!

I also might be being weird here, but I don't feel like 50 minutes is really enough time for 6 whole garlic cloves?? Fair enough, I'll chuck whole garlic into something I'm slow cooking, but I genuinely mean cooking meat for 2+ hours on a low heat etc.

Am I ignorant of garlic knowledge here? Also won't whole garlic vs. paste produce two wildly different flavours?

Actually, why the duck am I asking this like there's a reasonable answer.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.