Jack Monroe #256 The Da Vinci Code is easier to solve than her timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
IDK I think maybe the prizewinner requested to have Jack sculpted? Which would freak me tf out tbh but hey ho!
That's such a weird thing to request. Don't think my own mother would want a bust of me, and I'd be scared if a randomer did!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
IDK I think maybe the prizewinner requested to have Jack sculpted? Which would freak me tf out tbh but hey ho!
Yes that’s how I read it too. Someone won it and nominated Jack. Of course, with time on her hands and money in her pocket, like the Man from Mel Donte, she said ‘yes’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
OMG hold on…. She entered a competition in Saffron Walden to have a bust created?? Message from a friend? Welcome for a visit any time? What???
Let’s hope she can keep her head out of her arse long enough for them to do it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
They’ll be sending it back when it isn’t FaceTuned and the artist sculpts her real nose 🙃 “excuse me, Mayor of Saffron Walden, but this bust of Jack simply does not look like Peter Pan!”

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Aww - I bet she thought it had been commissioned by the Royal Academy or the National Portrait Gallery or something, to be placed on public display in recognition of her historic achievements. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Idk how she expects us to believe a boy from Basildon is saying mama in 2022….. surely even JRM’s kids are saying mum?

ETA - that’s nothing snobby against Basildon btw just it’s a relatively urban town in the south east of England, not some Enid Blyton time warp?
My kids called me Mama when they were little, but it's just Ma nowadays. I'm not a fan, but it's stuck. Better than my husband though, who gets just a nickname because no one has ever looked at that man and gone "yeah, really looks like a Dad."

“Dad was a para in the Falklands”

View attachment 1054579
Oh maybe this is where I got it from? I suppose he could have been parachuting in the RA, they've got a para regiment.

Reactions: 32
Just woke up. There's no VB at the end of my bed and the carrot slop has gone uneaten.

SHE HASN'T BEEN

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 105
I wonder what time Jack will drop her ballbag index?

Also, spare a thought for the winner of this competition. Who through their own stupidity now has a prize 'worth' £6000, they will never be able to get rid of. Unless they sell it to Jack of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Oh maybe this is where I got it from? I suppose he could have been parachuting in the RA, they've got a para regiment.
Yeah, although in the various Google results, many articles by her dad himself, says he was a gunner? I’m NOT military around the edges, but AM military adjacent-ish…. So I dunno 🤷‍♀️

I’m a bit anti-glorifying of the military, except for WWI and WWII soldiers as it was different… but was it? Maybe I’m a hypocrite, just like Jack. The whole Thatchery-Falklands glory thing leaves me cold. Same goes for Northern Ireland, I SHAN’T agree with military involvement there. I’ve always found it bizarre how much (fake) lefty Jack glorifies the army, and as usual lacks the nuance to understand that not everyone enjoyed, or benefited, from her dad’s military exploits.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Yeah, although in the various Google results, many articles by her dad himself, says he was a gunner? I’m NOT military around the edges, but AM military adjacent-ish…. So I dunno 🤷‍♀️

I’m a bit anti-glorifying of the military, except for WWI and WWII soldiers as it was different… but was it? Maybe I’m a hypocrite, just like Jack. The whole Thatchery-Falklands glory thing leaves me cold. Same goes for Northern Ireland, I SHAN’T agree with military involvement there. I’ve always found it bizarre how much (fake) lefty Jack glorifies the army, and as usual lacks the nuance to understand that not everyone enjoyed, or benefited, from her dad’s military exploits.
Same. And with her attitudes to the police. When it suits her she's an ACAB keyboard warrior (like last night). But this is the same Jack who nearly reported a woman for being loud in a beer garden.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Same. And with her attitudes to the police. When it suits her she's an ACAB keyboard warrior (like last night). But this is the same Jack who nearly reported a woman for being loud in a beer garden.
She was totally that kid at school who wanted to be in with the 'bad girls' but would immediately burst into tears and grass if questioned by a teacher.

• Haha
Reactions: 62
OMG hold on…. She entered a competition in Saffron Walden to have a bust created?? Message from a friend? Welcome for a visit any time? What???
I think someone else won it didn't want it so donated it to Jack

Not quite what Jack was implying

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

I feel similar over Jack's damp-on over the Royal Family/medals/honours.

If Jack was truly into ending poverty and inequality, she would have to see that all of that is part of the problem and incompatible with a fairer society.

Has Jack ever commented on the Prince Andrew situation, I wonder.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Sad as thought had missed the announcement 😣 Unless, it is going to be announced at 11am? You know like Very Important Ones from the RF when they solemnly place it outside the palace. 👸

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.