Jack Monroe #256 The Da Vinci Code is easier to solve than her timeline

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed!

I also might be being weird here, but I don't feel like 50 minutes is really enough time for 6 whole garlic cloves?? Fair enough, I'll chuck whole garlic into something I'm slow cooking, but I genuinely mean cooking meat for 2+ hours on a low heat etc.

Am I ignorant of garlic knowledge here? Also won't whole garlic vs. paste produce two wildly different flavours?

Actually, why the duck am I asking this like there's a reasonable answer.
In fairness at least crunching through a whole garlic clove would provide some respite from the sludgy blandness of the rest of it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Cook ready cooked ingredients for 50 minutes.

I can see why Jack doesn't add fuel costs to her pricing.
well quite so. How wasteful, cooking precooked ingredients for so long, rinsing away a tomato sauce when you’re using tinnEd tomatoes to make a sauce, suggesting SIX cloves of garlic for two servings, although granted hers would probably be the teeny skinny ones. She simply can’t cook.

Edit. On DKL she reckoned to nuke raw garlic in the microwave 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
In fairness at least crunching through a whole garlic clove would provide some respite from the sludgy blandness of the rest of it.
"Impetuous," Jack whispers, as she bites down on essentially raw-but-boiled garlic, eyes streaming from the potency.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Jack reading this and taking notes - 'tit.' 'Methodology'. Must use that'.

It would literally take her six months to actually check her notes anyway going through all those arch lever files (that were stolen, no they weren’t, yes they were)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I really really hate when people do this " checks notes" twitter thing, feck off ya smug C*nt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m off the thread for one day and return to find she’s having a bust made of herself. To stay true to the way of Jack with an ancient meme, is this real life? Send indexos

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Same. And with her attitudes to the police. When it suits her she's an ACAB keyboard warrior (like last night). But this is the same Jack who nearly reported a woman for being loud in a beer garden.
i wish i could find the receipts of the tweet where she joked about throwing away the weed left in the house by a previous tenant and how hilarious it was to innocently pretend she didn’t know what he was on about when he asked for it back…what a bleeping tory

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Rachel Roddy's recipe(s) for pasta e ceci are genuinely great, if anyone wants to excise that demon from their consciousness.
i cook rachel’s pasta e ceci recipe from a to z of pasta nearly every single week and guess what - it doesn’t even involve using a colander so it’s actually more convenient than this abomination

edit: on second thought it actually does involve using a colander but the point is THIS RECIPE SHOULDN'T EXIST

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
i cook rachel’s pasta e ceci recipe from a to z of pasta nearly every single week and guess what - it doesn’t even involve using a colander so it’s actually more convenient than this abomination
Love that book! You've inspired me to get mine out again.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I do realise that I'm looking for logic where there is none, I know, but on the Asda website tinned spaghetti is 0.13p for 395g, and 40% of that weight is the spaghetti. Instead, you could buy regular spaghetti for 0.20p, 500g which would be 2 meals worth in our house, and not have to rinse the horrible sauce off. So what is the gain? It can't be less fuel because you're doing your chickpeas for 50 minutes. Again, I realise that this is futile.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I do realise that I'm looking for logic where there is none, I know, but on the Asda website tinned spaghetti is 0.13p for 395g, and 40% of that weight is the spaghetti. Instead, you could buy regular spaghetti for 0.20p, 500g which would be 2 meals worth in our house, and not have to rinse the horrible sauce off. So what is the gain? It can't be less fuel because you're doing your chickpeas for 50 minutes. Again, I realise that this is futile.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Nah she said was a size 13 y/o & he’s nicked it. Then said she couldn’t do it up. Jack you’re a titchy person, it’s fine to wear kids clothes. I get my trainers from the junior section coz they’re like 30% cheaper even though they’re exactly the same as the adult ones of the same size!!

Happy Virtually Braindead Index Eve!!
No vat on kids stuff

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.