Jack Monroe #249 Smart Price Custard Denier

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just in case any squigs google before subscribing....

Jack Monroe's Patreon is a scam

Please read the wiki (pink button at the top of the page) 🙃

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Jack Monroe IS A HUMAN BIN FIRE STOP GIVING HER ALL YOUR CASH YOU FUCKWIT SQUIGS
This caught me completely off guard, I’d just taken a big mouthful of tea and just snorted out loud. Bravo!

On topic - I’m not angry at Nigella, just very disappointed. (Channelling my mum there.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Just in case any squigs google before subscribing....

Please read the wiki (pink button at the top of the page) 🙃
Thread title nomination

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I've always thought of her as a modern day Fagin.....but Scrooge McDuck has me 🦉🍾

Scrooge McDuck...doesn't give a duck...diving into her piles of patron! 💰💰

I wish people wouldn't give her ideas.. call me a cynic but this seems like the next future faux trauma possibility now it has been mentioned 😑
With her latest burglary, squigs were helpfully tagging Essex police so presumably they would do the same if there was any need for the fire brigade. Which might be a bit embarrassing for Daddy dearest . Tbh that’s the only reason I don’t think she will take inspiration of any kind from that tweet .
Then again, it’s Jack, so who bleeping knows 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Bloody hell Nigella! Let's imagine for a second that we live in an alternate universe where Jack Monroe pays her taxes, cooks nice food and can do sums properly. I would still object to someone like Nigella with such a huge platform (2.7m Twitter followers, I just checked) encouraging people to donate in support of a single individual, rather than a charity that helps lots of people.
The money that's been added to Jack's coffers today could have gone so far to help so many people and that's what makes me so angry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
Absolutely agree, and what I am talking about doesn’t apply to Jack (seeing as she pleads poverty most of the time, spends Patreon and PayPal money shamelessly and desperately wants to own her own home).

However, people do have the choice to spend their money according to their own principles. There is a thread on here where posters go on and on about how the person in question shouldn’t “fritter their money away on shite for their home or on meals out, they should save for a holiday or a house”. But the thing is, not everyone views holidays or owning homes as status items. This person is very honest about being happy in their current home and never says they want to go on holiday. Why does it matter if people spend their money differently?

It is the same as shopping at different shops. Iceland may be filled with more processed food (which is not the devil’s creation) than other shops, but it serves an essential role in many locations and for many people. On the other hand, some people would rather economise in other areas of their lives so they can buy more expensive items in Sainsburys or M & S.

Obviously we are not talking about those with no disposable income here (which is an entirely different post) but I think it is just really easy to apply our own internalised ideals to what we think everyone wants to do in terms of spending, cooking, living, educating. Is home-owning the ideal? Is going on a holiday the ideal? Is owning most of JL? I don’t know.

This isn’t meant to be antagonistic, just a thought. Sorry if offence is taken, it isn’t meant like that.
Oh I know & agree, absolutely no offence taken, and often find ppl are very much like this wrt clothing especially, like ppl can be very dismissive and deem it shallow/a waste of money as a £2.30 top is just the same blah blah blah.

Personally believe it’s relevant with Jackie tho cos she doesn’t stop going on about a house. Admittedly prep school is less relevant as anyone who’s taken a wander into that social media sphere can see how different SB’s family life is to her insane spending pit, and she doesn’t appear to even leave the house with him much less have any desire to commit to a £Xk pcm direct debit for his education.

I just find it bizarre that given SUCH a leg up she chooses to forego the privileges/opportunities this grants her in favour of actual tat? Like to not even have a car when your son lives a non walking distance away and you’re at the very least a HRTP is bleeping weird to me, and not in a car is an asset or class emblem way just this doesn’t make sense as a lifestyle choice, surely? Sorry to be judgmental and you’re right it’s all subjective but she’s living like a student on loan drop day, still.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I can't believe what I am seeing.
I've vented at length to Mr Bisha tonight who, after my tirade, went silent and scrolled grimly for half an hour.
He then turned to me with haunted eyes and whispered the catchphrase of the newly-minted Herr: What the duck?!
He's an accountant and honestly if he doesn't screech "Stop getting spreadsheets wrong!" in the general direction of Southend tonight, none will be more surprised than I.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Bloody hell Nigella! Let's imagine for a second that we live in an alternate universe where Jack Monroe pays her taxes, cooks nice food and can do sums properly. I would still object to someone like Nigella with such a huge platform (2.7m Twitter followers, I just checked) encouraging people to donate in support of a single individual, rather than a charity that helps lots of people.
The money that's been added to Jack's coffers today could have gone so far to help so many people and that's what makes me so angry.
I totally agree, but the way she will reason it is that Jack IS helping lots of people.....by sitting on Twitter all day.

We no longer need Charities, Jack is singlehandedly doing it all now. Through slop and tweets.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
With her latest burglary, squigs were helpfully tagging Essex police so presumably they would do the same if there was any need for the fire brigade. Which might be a bit embarrassing for Daddy dearest . Tbh that’s the only reason I don’t think she will take inspiration of any kind from that tweet .
Then again, it’s Jack, so who bleeping knows 🤷‍♀️
One can only hope....but then again...
She would have had plenty of opportunities to do chip pan demos/flash over training/ playing a casualty...I had a mate who worked as support staff (circa Jack's era funny enough although no talking to them about what a charlatan she is🙄) and they did all of this.... wouldn't trust her not to set a small fire herself ..she seems capable of anything despicable these days....Still hopefully the prospect of the fire investigation team turning up would make her think twice...who knows!

Reactions: 17
I wonder if Nigella actually realises what she's asked people to donate to

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I wonder if Nigella is gonna get some kickback when the postcards, recipes and Patreon promises fail to materialise? Let's face it most of these new subs have come directly from her endorsement.
Come on Kim

I can't believe what I am seeing.
I've vented at length to Mr Bisha tonight who, after my tirade, went silent and scrolled grimly for half an hour.
He then turned to me with haunted eyes and whispered the catchphrase of the newly-minted Herr: What the duck?!
He's an accountant and honestly if he doesn't screech "Stop getting spreadsheets wrong!" in the general direction of Southend tonight, none will be more surprised than I.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I wonder if Nigella actually realises what she's asked people to donate to
I wonder if Nigella even runs her own social media, or if some misguided well-meaning member of her staff has seen Jack in the news and decided to give her a boost. Although I'd imagine they'd still need to run it by Nigella first. Who knows?!

• Wow
Reactions: 29
When our records began in feb 2021 she was at 346, it’s been downhill from there until now.

402 = £1,238 absolute minimum, assuming everyone is on the £3.50 tier and Patreon charge her the top end of fees at 12%. Formula below for anyone who wants to keep the thread updated through this insanity as I’ll likely be AWAY/BUSY

View attachment 1025629

ETA - bleeping hell the rate this is going up! 427 = £1.3k min
Thing is, that’s a minimum - we just know that there will be a few paying the maximum, especially after fluffy-brained Nigella’s endorsement (🙄). Does anyone know what the maximum tier is?
And Nigella really should have caveated her recommendation - no doubt some people will have been encouraged to give more than they could afford on the basis of her tweet. Some of them probably significantly less well off than Jack.

Reactions: 27
Nigella would surely have seen Jack's most recent burglar bill before/after/lights on/lights off post, not to mention the months and months and months of rehab/recovery tweets. I'm not saying people in recovery don't deserve work, obv, but is it really the best time to send her a whole pile of extra pigs, Nige? When she's already so BUSY with the Vines Foot's? Bearing in mind that with them comes some responsibility and WORK to actually provide them with something for their money? Why Nige, why?!

Reactions: 31
Forget the food love she should be moaning about the less jobs there are because we now scan our own bloody shopping with a machine whilst most of the checkouts are not in use! Grinds my gears! Don’t even get a discount for doing it myself grrrr

p s jack monroe Is a twit and SHE makes me feel embarrassed to be poor. Can’t stand her

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.